The Uranus/Pluto Square: A Primer

Pic by http://www.flickr.com/photos/alicepopkorn/

Here’s a crazy-beautiful essay (by Gayle Brandeis, published at The Rumpus) that describes the writer becoming a new mother while her mother commits suicide. Dark subject matter but it’s written so well; a swirl of pain and uplifting moments.

There’s a Pluto/Uranus square (exact on June 26th) right now and I think this essay is a fantastic introduction. Death (Pluto) of a parent (Capricorn) intersects with new (Uranus) life (Aries). Primal, painful stuff.

Pluto in Capricorn and Uranus in Aries will form an exact square 7 times over the next 3 years. Will they hurt? Depends on where they hit your chart. Check the houses with Capricorn and Aries. Those are the areas of your life where old and new will collide. This will not be an easy transit. A literal death will not necessarily happen but a metaphorical death (say goodbye to an outdated relationship/lifestyle/habit/job) is in the works.  And some wonderful things can emerge.  Because if there’s one thing you can count on with Uranus, it’s the unexpected. Changes will come at you out of left-field, but so might new life.

I’ll blog about each square as it approaches (including the June 26th one). But for now, here’s the dates and degrees where the squares will be exact (these degrees will impact the Cardinal signs):

• June 24th, 2012: 8 degrees
  • September 19 2012: 6 degrees
  • May 20 2013: 11 degrees
  • November 1 2013: 9 degrees
  • April 21 2014: 13 degrees
  • December 15 2014: 12 degrees
  • March 17 2015: 15 degrees
This entry was posted in Pluto, Transits, Uranus, Uranus/Pluto Square. Bookmark the permalink.

123 Responses to The Uranus/Pluto Square: A Primer

1. Eve says:

Nadia,
    My rising is Scorpio. I have a natal T square with Sun 11 Cancer in the 8th, Moon 16 Capricorn in the 2nd and Neptune 8 Libra in the 11th. The coming Pluto 11 Capricorn square Uranus 11 Aries transit will aspect my Natal 8th house Sun exactly. I would deeply appreciate your astrological perspective with respect to the upcoming Pluto Uranus transit to my 8th house Sun. Thank you.

This might stir up various 8th House issues, including intimacy, buried control issues and finances. It’s difficult to say what without seeing your chart,but transits like this to the 8th House are akin to shining a light in the dark. So how you handle it depend son how aware you are of what’s sitting in the shadows.

2. Adelia says:

I was born July 31 1928 in Cleveland ohio at 10.30 P.M

3. Frank says:

Well- I have been slammed by these squares- starting with the June 2012, my 20 year marriage fell apart- on Jan 17.2013- it should be final. It was the last thing on earth I wanted. On Oct 1, 2012- my wife informed me she filed for divorce- on Oct 4, 3 days later- was my EXACT second Saturn return. WOW- what can I say ?? Her exact second Saturn return is in November 2104. Is there any possibility we may be back together then ?

4. Lisa says:

I am a Capricorn Jan 7, 1966 can you tell me what this means to mean.. I will say I have had change in every area of my life for the last 4 years. What does this mean?

5. Sheyna says:

Nadia, you are en pointe so much of the time. But I really have to disagree with you on that essay. Yes it does illustrate a pluto/uranus issue, but as this woman let her husband kick her crazy mother out of her house without doing anything about it, not a very illuminating example of handling such an issue however well written it might be. I have had a lot of experience with the psychotic, and one doesn’t let them just run off without doing anything about it. Not just for them, but for one’s own self.

Since you agree it does illustrate a Uranus/Pluto issue, I’m not sure why you’re disagreeing with me? I was using the essay as an example of the Uranus/Pluto square energy, but I was not endorsing (or criticizing) the woman’s way of handling her mother, or mental illness in general. Any praise in my blog post was directed at the style of writing.

6. Sheyna says:

Fair enough, Nadia. I did think that your posting this article meant that you were okay with the author’s behavior; now that you have clarified that it was her writing style, okay. I have a lot of respect for you as an astrologer.