Close To The Finish Line With Saturn Direct

6 of Swords from the Rider-Waite Tarot

Time for some good news; Saturn in Libra goes direct on June 25th!

Some of you (especially those with planets between 22-29 degrees Libra) may barely be able to muster a grimace. It’s been a looong, painful journey that won’t be over until Saturn enters Scorpio this October. But once Saturn goes direct you’ll be on the last leg of that journey. For real. You might even feel an acceleration in whatever area of  life Saturn is passing through. It will be the acceleration of lessons learned and wisdom gained. Blocks removed. Progress.

PLUS (if you’ve been taking responsibility for your part in relationships) you might even see some rewards. Saturn gives out nice bonuses to those who follow his rules. Stuff like inner strength, supreme balance and grace or direct evidence of why a certain relationship needed to go that way.

So hang in there. The ride’s not quite over, but it will be smoother during the next few months. Things to keep in mind as the journey winds down:

• There won’t be a party for you at the finish line. So what? You don’t need external approval; you’ve developed iron-clad inner resources.
  • You know that person/thing/relationship that was taken away? The one you couldn’t live without? Look at you now…living, moving forward.
  • The less you have, the clearer your purpose is.  Saturn removes the non-essentials.
This entry was posted in Libra, Saturn, Transits. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Close To The Finish Line With Saturn Direct

1. jacy says:

Nadia,
    once again such a beautiful post!!
    And spot on with the painful and way too looooong journey as Saturn has been torturing my 7th house, going back & forth over my natal Saturn & Pluto and squaring my Sun at the same time!! I feel so tired and posts like these are what’s giving me hope, that it will be over someday, and that someday will be soon!
    Thank you!!

Thanks and you’re welcome. :)
      You’re going through a Saturn Return so that makes this period even more significant. But you’ll be much stronger once it’s all over.

2. Ropa says:

Yes I couldn’t agree more! What a great post and completely on point. As a second house libra sun and pluto, Saturn has been doing so much work. Also my saturn in the first house in Libra has been affected as well. It’s been a busy few years. :)

3. novlady says:

I agree. Great post!
    I have natal Saturn in Libra at 17 degrees and a Libra stellium (including Pluto at 25 degrees and Jupiter at 27 degrees). My natal 7th house is Libra at 29 degrees! I had a romantic attachment taken away and I feel remarkably well from it! My stellium is in the 6th house and I have been SUPER busy with major changes to my daily work routine (many jobs) including a new business.

Saturn will move from my packed 6th into my Scorpio packed 7th house, so I can only wonder if more lessons are entailed for the next couple of years. My natal Neptune is in Sagittarius in the 8th and Saturn will probably conjunct that planet to as it makes its way through my chart in coming years.

I would love to feel that Saturn going direct as a blessing! So, I like that you emphasize the positivity of the shift in its movement. Here’s to the bonuses Saturn might hand out for all!

Thanks.
      Saturn through your 7th will definitely deliver more lessons. You’ll probably see the “work” shift from daily routines to romance.

4. mm says:

Thank you. As someone with natal South Node at 23 Libra this rings so true, every word.

5. Cyress723 says:

Nadia,
    Thanks for the uplifting post! Libra rising at 21 degrees, so YES I am ready. After Pluto conjunct Saturn for 2 years and then Saturn through the 12th (talk about a loooong journey) and then crossing my Ascendant. I feel like I’m coming out of a Monastery!

6. dorada says:

■You know that person/thing/relationship that was taken away? The one you couldn’t live without? Look at you now…living, moving forward.

So true. The most important I have learned so far thanks to Saturn!

7. lily says:

Saturn is finishing up in my 8th house, truly painfull lessons, its also the end of my first Saturn return, i wanted to ask u when does Saturn return actually start and finish?. My Saturn is right on the cusp of 7/8th house – and i am 32 on June 28th i ‘ll be 33, i would say i feel that my Saturn Return is over now, although i hear people say its more like 28-31. Is it possible that my SR took a little longer?

Saturn Return starts when transiting Saturn is applying by about 2 degrees to your natal Saturn. It ends as soon as it separates from your natal Saturn (so if your Saturn was at 13 degrees, your Saturn Return would end once trusting Saturn was at 14 degrees). But Saturn usually retrogrades at some point so it can go back and forth over your Saturn a couple more times. This could extend the Saturn Return. It’s not your age which dictates when the transit starts and finishes, it’s the degree that transiting Saturn hits.

8. lily says:

Oh i forgot to say that my Saturn is actually in Virgo, but since its practically in 8th house, i feel that finishing up with the 8th house it actaully ends my SR.

best to you :)

9. Athair says:

Hi! I would like to ask, if possible, about where to look at among the following facts: Having Saturn in Leo in 9th House or Having Pluto in Libra & Uranus in Scorpio in 11th House (im Sag Rising and Sag moon), in order to catch the meaning of Saturn in Libra (up to October 2012). Thanks a lot!

I would pay more attention to your 11th House while Saturn is in Libra. Once Saturn moves into Scorpio it will hit your 9th House Saturn in Leo with a square.

10. Please tell me the rule of saturn in my life … stay in 9th House My ascendant is cancer

11. Amy says:

What a fantastic article, thank you for writing this! As a student of astrology (who is completely overwhelmed and confused), I am trying to figure out where Saturn is currently in my chart. I looked for Libra and see that I have Pluto at 29 degrees in my 3rd house, Saturn in my natal chart is in my first house in Leo at 27 degrees… This is so difficult to put together and you make it sound so easy! So when Saturn goes direct, will this impact Pluto in Libra in my 3rd house 29 degrees, or Saturn in my 1st house at 27 degrees??? Ugh…

You’re welcome. :)
      When Saturn goes direct it will impact your Pluto, but not until it actually reaches that degree of Libra (around September 28th). Saturn direct in Libra will make a sextile to your natal Saturn in Leo but you may not feel it since a sextile is fairly weak. Depends how tuned in you are to its energies.

12. Cleo says:

You are so right about Saturn removing the non-essentials. Recently a friendship with someone I’ve known for almost 15 years ended. We were very close and I considered her family. During this transit I finally admitted to myself that I’d been propping up this long dead friendship for years. We no longer had anything in common and had chosen completely different paths to follow. When I finally told her as much and let go, it was painful at first, and very freeing afterwards. I felt like a weight was lifted.

Transiting Saturn (Direct) is conjunct my 8th house cusp and is squaring my Natal Sun & Moon (Exact) and is also opposing my Natal Saturn. I think they call that a Grand Square? (Ouch! but in a good way).

Great example of Saturn at work. It can be freeing…most people don’t see it in the thick of things, but afterwards….
      A Grand Square involves 4 planets, each in a different sign that form a natural square with each other. I can’t really say if yours if a Grand Square because I’m not sure if your Sun and Moon are conjunct or form a square with each other.

• Cleo says:

Yes my Sun and Moon are in Opposition to one another (Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Cancer) both squaring my Natal Saturn In Aries. Transiting Saturn is opposing my Natal Saturn and also squaring my Natal Sun and Moon. Grand square?
        As soon as Saturn clears these squares it will be conjuncting my Mars in Scorpio in the 8th. Is this an empowering or draining aspect?

Yes…Grand Square.
          Saturn conjuncting your Mars can feel very restrictive. A lot of frustration as you try to move forward (especially with that powerful Scorpio drive) but you’ll be blocked. It can be empowering if you focus, focus, focus on one goal that is achievable and don’t give up. It will feel like pushing a boulder uphill but that’s the purpose of this transit; makes you work for your gains.

13. Kate says:

Saturn has been transiting my third house and I’ve had a tough time with my third house relationships. Awful and painful but as you say although relationships were taken away and I couldn’t live without them, I have moved forward. Wow! Thanks for the insight!

14. sunil joshi says:

hi , there
    my date of birth 3-10-1968 9.30 pm kolkatta india.
    2009 : bad year with respect to earlings as earnings got less and work and family related problem.
    2010: worst year ,almost lost job earnings and family life made a solid dip.
    2011: worst year as got fired from job( given some grace time)
    2012 : no respite in may 2012 again asked to leave but given some grace period.
    it seems i am passing through hell all my friends parteners have left me .
    earnings are at low level family life problem.
    so when will i see the sun ,kindly advise.

15. Jenna says:

This has been a significant period for me. Since 2009 I’ve turned 30 , left my abusive husband ( the courage came to me) , started renting a flat of my own with the kids, began working in a great job, I’ve also had a doomed relationship with a childhood sweetheart. The last thing mentioned is still confusing for me but the rest has been good yet exhausting. Good riddance indeed!!!

16. Sophia says:

I’ve come to trust Saturn either as a transit or natally (8th house). S/he is a task master and insist on my getting the work done. I am however always the stronger for it. Saturn has recently been transiting in my 7th house. I thought I wanted to be with the long term crush and was unsettled by how slowly the relationship was developing. Saturn told me to slow down, look and listen. I decided not to resist and do as I was told. The ex crush and I are now on different paths as I witnessed mean behaviours, rudeness, disrespect and a lack of grace. Saturn thank you.

17. sani44 says:

hi…friends!! i am a libra and born with saturn and uranus in my 8th house……i am suffering from tensions and hardships from last two year…i have not much knowldge of stars and their effects..can anybody tell me that saturn entry in scorpio ( born with saturn and uranus in my 8th house..) will now effect me more or my hardships are over because saturn has left libra?

18. sarah says:

Could this apply to the current saturn retrograde about to go direct?