Mars’ Transit of Libra: Social Shooter

“Cleopatra” by Waterhouse

Mars moves into Libra on July 3rd, finally busting out of workaholic Virgo. Mars has to do the social dance in polite Libra. Mars is blunt, Libra is flirty. Cue the passive-agressive, indecisive, light-hearted run around. Cut loose, but do it pretty. This transit is about balancing your desires with someone else’s.  It has to look nice, even if it’s not. See why Mars can build up a whole heap of resentment in this sign?

That’s if it’s handled badly, of course. Super switched on Mars in Libra can blow off steam with out hurting anyone. Anger is expressed conscientiously and initiative is balanced. Power is expressed politically and ruthlessness is silky-smooth. The area of your chart with Libra in it is about to get a shot of energy; make sure you know how to balance your actions in this part of your life. It’s always a good idea to treat others the way you want to be treated. But in the sign of projection and social consequences, it’s crucial.

Mars will form a vague inconjunct to Neptune at 2 degrees Pisces (July 3rd to July 8th). Social (Libra) actions (Mars) can be misdirected or unreliable. If you’re presented with an opportunity, you might be too timid. If you charge forward, it might be in the direction of a fantasy. Your best bet for these few days is to hold off on direct action and don’t expect much from others. This aspect will impact those with planets between 0-2 degrees Pisces or Libra.

Things will get much smoother from July 11th to 17th as Mars forms a confident trine to Jupiter in Gemini. Choices will be obvious and plentiful. Confidence will be high and lighthearted flirting/romance will be sparkling.  You’ll feel this one if you have planets between 4-7 degrees Gemini or Libra.

Mars will be conjuncting Saturn in Libra, but I’ll discuss this fairly significant aspect closer to the date (mid August).

Mars will be in Libra until August 23rd.

This entry was posted in Libra, Mars, Transits. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Mars’ Transit of Libra: Social Shooter

1. Artemis says:

Oh dear, my 12th house is in Libra. Guess this insinuates that my unconscious self will be rising to the forefront in a passive aggressive fashion?

No, but it does mean you might have to deal with secret issues. The 12th House is also about anything that is literally “hidden” from you, not just your unconscious. On the other hand, you might not even feel this transit…depends how in tune with your 12th House you are.

2. Novlady says:

My moon is at 4 degrees Gemini. I look forward to the trine at a good time. My natal Saturn is in Libra with my Jupiter/Pluto stellium in the 6th house. Since my sixth house (and seventh) tends to be activated frequently by transits, I look to learn more about the sixth house. The 6/12 house axis often eludes me in specific understandings of how they work . I feel this axis could benefit from great “balance”, a fitting Libra theme.

6th/12th involves work for others, sacrifice, sublimation of the ego in a physical (6th House) and spiritual (12th House) way.

3. Em says:

How will the sun libras fair with mars there? I also have libra in Saturn as well.

4. RJ says:

I don’t have any planets in Libra, or any planets in Gemini or Aquarius (the other air signs) – and I’ve found that any transits in Libra always test my patience to the maximum degree. Probably because any transit in Libra is square my sun and moon in Cancer, and square my ascendant and mars in Capricorn. And my south node is in Libra. Every time Mars is in Libra, I have zero energy, which is really weird for me, because my Mars (exalted) in Capricorn is exactly conjunct my Ascendant in Capricorn and I’m never out of energy. I think it’s because Mars is in Detriment in Libra.

The squares to your Sun, Moon and AC would definitely test your patience but I’m puzzled by the zero energy. What house in your chart does Libra fall in?

• RJ says:

My 9th house starts at 1 degree Libra. So, I guess the majority of Libra is in my 9th house with a little bit (1 degree) in my 8th house. I think it might have something to do with my south node being in Libra. I’ve noticed that transits to Libra tend to drain me emotionally and physically, maybe because it somehow holds me back (south node).

Could be, although this doesn’t always happen with transits to the SN.

• RJ says:

I’m having a Saturn conjunct South Node transit right now and it has been one of the hardest times of my life when it comes to my health. I’ve read that a Saturn conjunct SN transit means that it is time to pay for all your past mistakes, and I sure am paying big time.

I wouldn’t say it’s about paying for your past mistakes (that sounds like punishment). Saturn over the SN can revisit past life issues which feel particularly heavy because Saturn brings them into sharp focus.

5. CW says:

In the 7th on it’s way to the 8th…. partnerships, partnerships, partnerships (I presume).
    Oh! and natal mars is in libra (mars is natally in libra?)

6. Dawn says:

How will Mars in Libra affect a Libra sun in the 12th house?

Activation of hidden potentials and/or possible repressed anger/assertiveness issues. Any personal goals you have not been acknowledging may come out in the form of frustration. But it will be a good prompt for you to take action.

7. mimosas says:

I am currently going through a transit of Saturn conjunct my natal Neptune. Mars is poised to conjunct this conjunction right on the cusp of my 8th house. What might be expected? Thanks for your insight.

Mars could trigger a reality check or realization of your dreams. Depends how you’ve been working with Saturn on your Neptune. 8th House represents intimacy, shared finances and psychological issues.

8. mimosas says:

Very interesting. So far this year, Mars transits have been very difficult for me, with nary a reward. Mars has really earned its moniker of “malefic” for me this year.. We’ll see what comes out when it conjuncts Saturn and Neptune. Thank you for the feedback.

9. mimosas says:

Here is my report on that transit: My main source of income has suddenly ended, and I am currently putting all my energies into replacing it. I hope the transit of Mars in my 8th house will make it easier for me to get my finances together.

10. Jenny says:

Hmmm, Nadia….
    My boyfriend has mars in libra transiting his 12th house… Am I looking too deeply when I interpret this as him having a secret (12th house) love affair (mars in libra)?my intuition says no, but I cant help but wonder….

Xo, jenny

You really need to look at his entire chart. Mars transiting through the 12th could mean so many different things…he feels like withdrawing, he’s not feeling as agressive as usual, he has a project on the back burner, he’s feeling low energy…etc. A stronger indicator of where he’s at (regarding your relationship) would be transits/progressions to his 7th House, and his Venus.