The Transiting North Node In Scorpio

“Escape” by http://autumnsgoddess.deviantart.com/

Is Scorpio in the spotlight, or what? Not only will Saturn be entering this sign,  but so will the transiting North Node (on August 29th).

The North and South Nodes are mathematical points (not planets). Here’s the technical stuff if you want to know how they’re calculated. They describe past life situations that color habits (South Node) in this life, and the path you take to evolve forward and reach your full potential (North Node).  The Nodes have transits, just like planets. They will be moving from 0 degrees Sagittarius (North Node) and 0 degrees Gemini (South Node) to 29 degrees Scorpio (North Node) and 29 degrees Taurus (South Node).

Initiating and developing unfamiliar (but progressive) talents/situations/relationships will be triggered by the North Node’s transit of whatever house has Scorpio in your chart.  Since we’re talking Scorpio, expect to push (or be pushed) through limits to get to these new energies. You’ll have to go deeper and be authentic. It will be your evolutionary prompt.

If the transiting North Node passes over a planet, add the planet’s energy to the mix. For example, the North Node passing over Mercury in your 10th House could push you to communicate in a more authentic/strategic way (in your career). Or it could introduce a person who provokes you, on the job, thereby deepening your awareness of what you’re capable of.

Moving past ingrained/stagnant behaviours is the theme of the transiting South Node. This will be directly opposite the transiting North Node. For whatever is being initiated in your Scorpio house, there will be a corresponding situation/behaviour in the opposite house that you need break away from. It will involve Taurus energy, so think about moving beyond your comfort zone and familiar routines.

In a nutshell, the transiting Nodes are evolutionary triggers that are coloured by the sign and house they pass through. This Nodal transit will involve launching yourself from cautious (Taurus) to fearless (Scorpio).

The Nodes will transit Scorpio/Taurus until February, 2014. Then they will move into Libra/Aries.

This entry was posted in North and South Nodes, Scorpio, Transits. Bookmark the permalink.

144 Responses to The Transiting North Node In Scorpio

1. Christina says:

I like the idea of “initiating and developing unfamiliar(but progressive)talents/situations/relationships”, but this is happening in my 12th house and over my ascendent. The AC I’m intrigued by, but the 12th house is a bit spooky. Do I just hang tight for another 2 and a half years when Saturn passes over my Ascendent? I spent the last 5 years with Saturn in the 10th as my 2nd Saturn Return followed by Saturn in Libra in the 11th. I’m tired of this damn planet!

The 12th is just hidden potential. Nothing spooky about it. So this could be your chance to uncover hidden talents/ideas/energies…all good stuff.

• dee says:

I’ve had Saturn just go through my 12th, over my AC and through Libra (partnerships). It’s been crazy. I just recently read that I should not “be afraid of Saturn”. It has been in very hard aspects to other planets and in some tough placements. Saturn is now working with Pluto and shouldn’t be so bad. No worries:)

That’s correct…there’s no reason to be afraid of Saturn. No reason to be afraid of any transit. Saturn and Pluto can be about focused transformation, but it’s really about what you put into it.

2. Elizabeth says:

Hi Nadia, So, if it’s hitting my moon/jupiter in the 2d?

The overall theme is emotional expansion while going deep. Really exploring your security needs (and perhaps some money making opportunities in the process). But whatever happens will be more than “feel good” stuff (although it should feel quite good). You’ll be pressed to develop what has true value and meaning for you.

3. Novlady says:

I feel this to be very empowering. Being a Scorpio with a Scorpio stellium in the 7th house (Sun, Mercury, Uranus), I feel that I could be gifted with the abilities to reach out and make intimate connections in by deepening and creating authentic relationships. With Taurus SN energy in my first house, could I interpret that as solidifying my deepest values so that it strengthens my 7th house transits?

It will be empowering for you. I’d go as far as saying it could trigger a major life change. SN through your 1st House will encourage you to release any clinging to personal identity/selfishness that holds you back from sharing with another (7th House).

4. Jo says:

It’s been quite a couple of years for me and despite the public trepidation of Saturn and Chiron entering Scorpio I am looking forward to it. It feels momentous for me.
    Would you hint at what it means when these two get comfortable in my 1st house, please?
    It may be a little crowded in there with the Sun, Merc and Neptune already 1st house sharing :)

Chiron? I think you mean the NN (Chiron is in Pisces).
      Saturn and the NN in your first house could bring increased responsibility plus a new way of expressing yourself, publicly. Or you might be perceived very differently than you are now.

5. SagRising says:

My transiting north node is in the 12th house now(scorpio). What kinds of things could be ‘uncovered’ with this transit? :)

6. Xcd says:

It will transit my first house, I got pluto in libra at 29 (1H)also saturn and mars in my first house in scorpio.
    is this wired to have 2 houses in first quadrents?

7. Carrie says:

Nadia – this is great!

My transiting NN will pass over Jupiter in the 7th house (SN Venus in Taurus in the 1st), I also have Scorpio in the 8th house AND Jupiter in Gemini (sun sign) till June 2013 :)

I have just turned 30 – does this mean I have a good chance of meeting my soul mate before 2014?

Carrie

8. Debbie says:

Love the example the n. node will be transiting my 10th passing over mercury and Neptune! I’m hoping for a major career shift!

Sounds like that could be the case…you might be introduced to a “dream job” type scenario. Focusing on manifesting your career dreams…

9. Cassidy says:

This is really interesting to me as I know pretty much nothing about Nodes. It sounds like ‘another level of things’.. (luckily for me i have a pretty complete printout of chart + + so i can tell at least where it is and what aspects it makes.
    It’s at 19° Scorpio.. only thing in that sign w Pluto at 3°
    I hear your having ‘to go deeper and be authentic’… been feeling that for along time; not that it’s borne fruit yet.. err. Take that back. I did start my ‘trickle’ (website)
    Lately i feel like someone trying to put down building blocks for herself amidst a constantly shifting blind landscape of veils and mucks.. Good thing i did drugs when i was a teen, cos i’m sure it’s given me some ‘reference pointers’ as far as crossing the madness of this (and some very weird stretches of life… Nothing like Saturn in your Rising sign heh!)
    That N. Node is Square my Sun in Gemini (3° orb), Sextile Mercury in Cancer (2° orb) Square Venus in Gemini (1° orb) and Trine….. guess who? Saturn in Capricorn (3° orb).
    Just writing that… is pretty confusing.
    All i ‘get’ from it is a memory of someone who looked at my chart, eons ago, and said: ‘funny! You’re really nothing inside like what you seem to be on the outside! There is a world of dreams and depth (etc) that’s all below your HORIZON line that is nothing like what your are outside’.
    Yes, i totally came across like a playful influenceable butterfly FLIRT!
    I sure knew that was not all of me.

So this sounds like a time when all this stuff will be activated, right?
    What can i expect?
    that square w Sun kind of scares me.
    But it could also be my ‘salvation’ from appearing as a ‘light’ person when i am not!
    Cos i sometimes get treated in ways.. that are so NOT directed at who i really am, know what i mean.. even at this age.
    I still get all sorts of proposals too.. from guys on the street and such!
    I’m 52! When are they going to take me seriously!!!!!

Puzzled in Brussels (where weirdos roam. . )

10. Cassidy says:

I’m sorry… i have a confession to make.. i made a mistake. BIG MISTAKE
    just woke , eyes not clear… all i said above is true expect for one detail: it’s not Scorpio…. it’s VIRGO. I confused the symbols.
    I’m sure you noticed it could’t have done those aspects if it was in Scorpio.
    gosh i AM confused…
    So typical. Been so isolated sometimes i don’t know what’s real
    and it takes me a try or two to get ‘in focus’.
    Happening more n more too.
    If i don’t soon get out this hellacious city..who knows. :-/
    Scary……….

11. April says:

If my natal North Node is in Taurus and consequently my South in Scorpio, which has extra-fun Neptune…12th and 6th respectively… I’m not sure what this will mean for me…newbie at nodes. Foggy ideas about how to change my career/job? That’s pretty normal…possible clarity around this?

The transiting NN will conjunct your SN…a trigger to release old habits regarding work and health. But the trigger may come in the form of a new scenario/person.

• April says:

Hopefully help finding new work…time for a change. Thanks Nadia!

• Jenny says:

Interesting!!
        I have the transiting NN also conjuncting my SN but in the 7th house……
        So am I to release old relationship habits??

How may this turn out, I too am confused about this reversed node conjunction

Xo, Jenny

It can be confusing, but just remember the NN is always about moving forward, and the SN is about releasing limiting habits/scenarios. Transiting NN over the SN can be a prompt to move forward from your SN relationship habits (as you said). Just think of it as forward moving energy (NN) contacting your SN.

• jenny says:

Thanks Nadia, that really makes so much more sense , esp. In relevance to what I’ve been seeing in my present relationship :) Xx

12. Becca says:

I’m really nervous about this. I have Venus, Vertex, Uranus conj in the 5th house, opposite of my Moon in the 11th. When Transit Saturn and NN conj it will be triggering said planets. I know during that time I will be moving across the country, away from my blood family, to be with my tribe and I also will be graduating with my Photography degree. (I guess that that can relate to SN conj my Moon and NN conj my Uranus- ruler of my 9th.)

Anyway, the reason why I’m scared is b/c I have Merc- ASC/IC ruler, Neptune- MC ruler, Sun- 3HR, Mars- 11HR and DSC in Sagittarius… and when NN traveled through Sag my whole life went to hell: lost my job had to move in with parents and leave my tribe that I mentioned above, my Grandma had terminal Cancer and she moved in with my parents (she had a Sag stellium like me), my back went out to the point I couldn’t walk for a year, then I took care of my grandma 24/7 when I started healing, I started dating one of my good friends of 12 yrs and it was just hell, and my financials went to hell too. (to me this all sounds like Saturn return but I went through that back 2007/2008.) What I am getting to is why did I get this poop storm with NN in Sag?

BUT, when T SN/Pluto/Saturn was hitting all those Sag planets said above back 2002 I had a sinus surgery and the doctor hit a major nerve in my face and it ended my music career and my Grandma was in the hospital for bladder cancer. I totally understand that when T SN went through my Sag plants it was going to be difficult… BUT why did I get the crap storm when NN traveled through?

Thanks!

I really can’t say without looking at your chart. There may have been other transits/progressions that triggered all this. It also depends on what other aspects your planets in Sag were making. Usually when one transit triggers a bunch of unpleasant events, a tense aspect pattern (like a natal T Square or Grand Cross) has been set off. Also, you have to look at where your natal NN/SN is.

13. C-Lee says:

I agree with Novlady in that this could potentially be a very empowering albeit scary time for me (although transiting Mars is conj natal Mars right now so maybe it’s that?) Anyway, NN is in Scorpio 6th House and will transit Mars. SN Taurus 12 H has a slew of planets: Sun & Asc Conj @ 21 & 23, Venus & Jupiter later @ 3 & 12. Does this suggest a major life overhaul or just a lot of internal work?

• C-Lee says:

Addendum…the changes that have been virtually forced on me concerning the direction of my work will require fairly strong ego energies. I’ve been told the Sun & Asc are close enough to the 1st H that they are interpreted as such. Yet, they are not actually in the 1st H. Will this SN transit and planets in the 12th negate my ability to assert strong ego energy?

Not necessarily, but the SN transit in the 12th can imply an ending or letting go of a phase of your life. You’d also have to look at your Progressed Sun, which has probably moved out of your 12th by now. But you also said “..the Sun & Asc are close enough to the 1st H that they are interpreted as such.”. The Asc is the cusp of the 1st House. So it’s impossible for you Ascendent itself to be in the 12th, but the Asc ruler might be (in the 12th).

• C-Lee says:

Thank you so much for these insights, Nadia. Yes, the Asc ruler is in the 12th & according to astro.com, the only 12th H planet that has not progressed is Jupiter. Perhaps it will ease the transition.

14. voda says:

node just went to scorpio and it crossed my MC- i am aqua sun+asc-any comments on crossing MC?

15. jeannie says:

Hello Nadia, I am a Scorpio rising (8’32”) and have Neptune at about 24′ Scorpio in the 1st. The NN is currently at 29′ Scorpio. Do you have any insight as to what I may expect with the conjunction of Neptune and the NN? Also, when the NN crosses my ASC? -Thank you!

16. jeannie says:

Added note: Also, my Solor Arc Uranus is at about 7’25” Scorpio currently (if you follow the Solar Arc aspects.)

SA Uranus just about to cross your AC? BIG change to your identity/appearance then. As in…lifestyle, how you relate to people, etc. This can show up as a new career, relationship, change in how you live…

• jeannie says:

Thank you, Nadia! I am in the process of creating a side business. I am hoping that it will grow and create other avenues of opportunity. Thank you, again!

17. mary says:

Hello Nadia :)
    What’s your thoughts about true nodes beeing direct in the natal chart? is this of any significance?

18. tara says:

Good article! I found this by trying to research the nodal transit. My moon is in scorpio, so along with Saturn, the North Node is going to be on my moon. But the ‘best’ part is, I am a Taurus! So, the south node will be on my sun…Im intrigued, a little scared. any thoughts?

Depends what houses your Sun/Moon are in. But you might experience a choice between emotional progress vs. ego drives trying to pull you back to what’s safe.

19. tara says:

Thank you, Nadia.
    Hopefully, the north node can lead me into a newer, better emotional life, its needed. My moon is in the 3rd house , sun is in 9th house. Im frustrated with my neighborhood… i guess its about to get even more frustrating with saturn, lol. But, with my north node here maybe i have to work with what i got? ( what surrounds me?)

NN in the 3rd suggests working with who is in your immediate environment, yes. But it doesn’t necessarily mean staying in a situation that makes you unhappy. For more clarity, look at the planet (Pluto) that rules the sign your NN is in. The house and sign that planet is in will give you more information. I think I’ll do a post on this topic (working w/your NN).

20. Ellie says:

North node will conjunct my natal saturn 28 scorpio in the 5th house. Capricorn rules the 7th. I’m not sure if this relates to my love life (5th house), or career (saturn)? My progressed sun is in the 10th house now at 8aries and is being hit by the transit uranus pluto square.

21. Priscilla says:

Hi Nada, the North node will transit my scorpio (15’19 degrees) rising. Therefore, transiting my 7th house. What does this mean? I also have mars (4’39), pluto(2’04) and saturn (15’20) in scorpio in my natal birth chart. I would appreciate if you could shed some light. I’m a newbie in astrology, so to speak. Thanks.

If it’s going over your Ascendent, I would concentrate on the impact it would have on your identity/how you relate to people you first meet. It could trigger a lifestyle change, physical change…but it’s hard to say without seeing your chart. It will be related to you being a more authentic version of yourself, if that’s not too convoluted.

22. Priscilla says:

Thank you Nadia, I appreciate it. It looks as though the next few years ahead of me, the focus will be on my identity. Especially, since not only will the N. Node conjunct my ascendant but as well as saturn moving into scorpio very soon. Not to mention, the eclipes that will move into scorpio (my 1st house) and taurus (my 7th house) beginning in Nov. With so much energy moving into my 1st house, it look as though my identity will go through major changes.

23. Sneska says:

Hi, what can I expect ic I have sun and north node in scorpio ?
    North node 21degrees 10th house retrgrade. Dont know if that info helps :)

24. Emma says:

Hi Nadia

I am a Taurus with a Scorpio rising, does this event mean I will start showing more Scorpio characteristics? Can already feel a transition taking place.

Thankyou for your post,
    Will help to better understand myself

Lots of light and Love
    Emma

Saturn over Scorpio AC doesn’t usually bring out the Scorpio, unless you have emphasized Scorpio elsewhere in your chart. Or an emphasized 8th House. Saturn over your AC can make you more serious/heavy, which is perhaps what you’re feeling.

25. Shiva says:

NN transiting H4 Scorpio w/Neptune @11° conjunct PF. Sun 20° Taurus. Chiron return next year. I feel my public image is changing. Also a desire to move away to a new place. Incredible sense of ennui and aimlessness. My fear is that the rebuilding of foundation required by Saturn hitting the IC will be disturbed by the conjunction with Neptune /PF which squares natal Saturn. *sigh* it’s been a tough life already.

Well, Saturn hitting the IC will trigger increased home responsibilities, no matter what else happens. Neptune square natal Saturn won’t prevent anything from happening, or even make it that difficult. At the most, you’ll experience a falling apart and coming together sequence of events that finally crystallize into something solid.

26. Vecca says:

Hello, I have a saturn transiting my natal north node, wich is at 3 degrees scorpio, and also north node going trought the 5th house, where is my uranus and north node (just passed mars/sun conjuction at 1 saggitarius). What does it suggest? Thank you, all the best

Transiting Saturn over your natal NN might give you an opportunity to work with its (your NN) energy in a real way. A solid opportunity.Transiting NN through the 5th House can bring opportunities to express your personal/creative goals.

27. Amanda says:

What would Transiting NN in Scorpio mean conjoining with my Natal Venus in Scorpio in the 10th house? Libra Cusp.

You might encounter a situation that pushes you to explore your career potential/ambitions. It push you a bit further than you’re comfortable with, and it will involve “strategic socializing”…making allies as opposed to friends.

28. *Melissa* says:

Transiting NN in Scorpio spends the entire months of October & November @26SCO, on my DC. Throughout December it will be @25SCO, opposing my Sun/Moon midpoint. Soulmate/ fated encounters? I certainly had this feeling when I met Mr Scorpio Sun & Venus at the end of October…

Definitely some fated relationship occurences coming up. Probably will push you beyond your comfort zone a bit, perahps deeper intimacy than you’re used to.

29. Minerva says:

What significance would a trine from transiting NN to the natal sun have? Is there any significance in those ‘minor’ aspects?

30. Cleo says:

Does this also apply to Solar Returns? For example, this next year I have SR North node conjunct my Natal 12th house cusp And my SR Moon (12th) conjunct my Natal South Node (7th), both Exact. I’m assuming this means I’ll be dealing with some past lifetime emotional or relationship issues and attempting to move them forward? Maybe behind closed doors…?

Thanks
    Cleo

I find that it muddies the waters when you overlay a SR chart with a natal chart. Some astrologers use this method, but I prefer to keep it simple by looking at the SR chart in isolation. If you just look at what’s happening with your SR NN in relation to your SR planets, that should give you enough info.

31. denise says:

Hi Nadia, i have asc 23 pisces, north node just went into 8th house will conjunct neptune 24 scorpio8th then south node 11scorpio, also will have pluto trine north node 2nd house 11 taurus, and saturn conjunct south node in8th 11scorpio saturn will also square sun at 11aquarius south node just entered 2nd house also is all this good or bad, i am really lost with all of this Thanks

32. Helen says:

Transiting north node in Scorpio will coincide with my 2nd Saturn return. My natal Saturn is in Scorpio at 16′ in the 4th house. Any thoughts?

33. mish says:

True Node, Saturn, Mercury and Venus are transiting my first house, where in natal i have Uranus. My natal True Node, Saturn , Mercury and Venus are in 11th house Virgo.
    what should i focus on? how to dill with this energies?

34. yukuae huang says:

North node transit through Scorpio my 6th house, natal Saturn is there at 18 degree.
    South node transit through Taurus my 12th house, natal Sun at 7th degree; Mercury at 14 degree.
    My mother who passed away 10 years ago, has been in my dream a lot since the south node in 12th.
    I need major dental work very soon, do i need to worry about my pet’s health also?

Pet’s health because of the 6th? I wouldn’t say so, because the NN is usually positive. It represents something that you have to embrace involving the 6th House (health, duties to others, work).

35. louise says:

How would you define Scorpio north node transiting the 1st house? My natal north node is in Taurus 7th house.

36. Cindy says:

The north node in Scorpio is transiting my 11th house and crossing over my natal Saturn. 2nd Saturn return soon too. (Natal Saturn 26 degrees). Any thoughts are appreciated :-)

Saturn in the 11th House can indicate a limited number of friends/a few, dependable friends and a limited view of personal hopes/wishes. All these issues might be stirred up.

37. Merlin says:

Hi. Next march 2013 I will have the NN transiting 18 Scorpio in my 4th house trine with a stellium in my 8th. Just got laid off of a great job recently but for some reason don’t feel devastated. Any thoughts ?

38. Mary says:

The north node was transiting my scorpio sun in the 8th house. Can you tell me a little bit about this aspect. What the potentials are and what to watch out for. Uranus is now approaching my aries ascendent as well. Thank you.

The 8th House represents what you share with others and what you don’t have total control over, so this transit might push you to open up more and trust. Uranus over the AC may have a dramatic impact on your appearance, identity and/or how you relate to people.

39. Ellen Nicholas says:

Transiting N.Node in Scorpio (5th house) is exactly squaring my natal Sun in Aquarius (22 degrees). My natal Sun is in the 9th, just barely – if that matters. Any insight you can give me will be very much appreciated. So my 5th house is empty, is ruled by Libra and of course, Saturn is currently transiting through.

The 5th House is about ego, creativity and children. Also, what it is about you that’s special. Any of areas could require your attention…is there something that you should celebrate that you’re not taking seriously?

40. Mayra says:

Hi Nadia! I loved your article! Thanks!
    I have a really strong aspect in my natal chart. It’s a sun-mars-pluto-ASC conjunction in Scorpio and the transiting North Node is already conjunct my Pluto.
    For most people is hard to understand the deepness of this aspect and for me is really hard to deal with it, specially now! An interesting thing is that the transiting Pluto is also conjunct my natal North Node and Uranus in the second house. That’s probably double effect!
    I had an accident 3 months ago and I almost lost my right eye (that could be the sun conjunct pluto). Now I can only see through my left eye!
    I was reading about the transiting North Node effects and I am a little afraid of another accident when it conjuncts my mars in scorpio. There’s also a danger of being raped, suicide or even dying! I’m suffering the consequences of such a plutonian soul and I have to admit that I feel close to going crazy several times in the last months. Really!!!
    What do you think I can do to avoid such negative possibilities? I’m a little afraid of me and looking for help!
    thanks!

I would have to see your entire chart to make a judgement, but understand that all energies have negative and positive outcomes. Mars is related to violence, but it’s also related to empowerment (for you) and intensity of purpose (in Scorpio). The NN is positive, so I would look at constructive ways you could release that Mars in Scorpio energy. Mars=action (even with the loss of vision).

41. Kat Milan says:

In my case it is the 9th and 3rd, actually the cusp 8th and 2nd.
    The NN is in 9th Scorpio and it is currently in conjunction with Uranus, the ruler of my chart, very intense and scary!!! NN is leaving 9th and entering 8th, on the cusp now. SN is in my 3rd Taurus, but entering 2nd house and in a few days time will be in conjunction with my Chiron and I am very afraid of the Wounded Healer! What could that astrological event mean??? Thank you, Nadia!!!

42. she says:

Hi Nadia, my chart shows me that NN will be conjunct natal Neptune in 6th house during the summer, which means SN is crossing my 12th house where Uranus is also transiting. At the same time Jupiter will conjunct my natal NN in Gemini (2nd house). What do you think this could mean? I’m a Sun in libra (6th house) Taurus ascendant. Great article, by the way. Thanks!
    Sheila

The 6th House is about work, service to others and health. Neptune in this house could suggest that you sacrifice things for others, so the transiting NN might draw your attention to these issues.

43. RJ says:

I had a question regarding the general influence of transiting nodes on people. Le’s say I want to start a very Taurus-related business (and currently the south node is in Taurus). Since the south node is usually related to “bad luck” and the north node is associated with “good luck” – does that mean any Taurus-related businesses will suffer? Is the general atmosphere one in which south node type activities are holding people back?

SN is not “bad luck”. It’s related to limiting habits we can move beyond, but it alos covers innate talents. You really have to look at your chart, and transits to your 10th House, to see how starting a business at a particular time will do.

44. anna says:

Transiting North Node is in in conjuction with my natal retrogade Saturn(16 degrees) in the 7th house this period. Nothing is happening at the monent…May this transit have no effect for relationships? N.Node doesnt make any aspects with other planets, but my natal Saturns trines my natal Sun (12th house). thank you in advance

45. Nikki says:

In feb 2014, north node enter libra in my 11 house which has sun and mercury conjunct. What do you think will happen? I also heard when nn transit 10 house will be very good for career? Thank you.

46. Nikki says:

Actually my 11 house cusp is virgo, then the rest is libra. Sun and mercury are in libra 11 house.

47. Vanessa says:

Nadia, could you please tell me what does the transiting NN do when crossing a Person’s Ascendant with conjuncting natal SN apart by three degrees? Thanks!

Activates the SN lessons…you have to dela with the limiting habits before you can move forward. This is true for everyone, but in your case, it’s imperative that you deal with the SN lessons before you can see what the transiting NN has to offer. Other people wont’ be confronted with this as strongly. Connected to identity/appearance.

48. Felicia says:

Hi what does it mean when NN conjuncts sun and neptune. I am a Cancer ascendant with a stellium in the 5th house Scorpio-Sun, Neptune, Moon and Venus. Right now my NN is also trining my ascendant and Jupiter is one degree away from my ascendant.
    I am 2 months new in opening of my new business. It is growing gradually and I envision it growing very well in the next 6 months. I hope that my optimistic view will help it to grow because I am very excited about it! Thanks for all the insight!

49. Jessica says:

Nadia- thanks for this very informative post- I am struggling with the manifestation of the NN transit I am undergoing and could use some guidance. NN is conjunct my natal Uranus in the 1st which is part of a fixed cross with opposition to my moon and mercury in Taurus in the 7th and square Saturn in Leo in the 10th. It feels like my entire life is in transition right now; my relationship is being tested and at times I feel a need to let go but then my Taurus moon has a very hard time letting go. Do you do private consults ??

50. Aaron says:

I have a question about a NN transit. NN is conjuncting my pluto in about 2 weeks in my 8th house. Not only that, but pluto will be on my venus next january. I was reading that scorpios can enter your life at this time to help you transform, which one did enter my life. I also read that SN being in taurus is about letting go if that stuff. That it is important to. So I hope feeling this lack of money right now has a bigger purpose. In what ways can I expect transformation with is transit?

51. Jayne Moore says:

My 8th house is 8 degrees Scorpio. The transiting North Node is there right now. Transiting Saturn will be there shortly. I have zero planets in Taurus and Scorpio. My Mars in 8 degrees Leo is squaring both nodal points. My Venus in 8 degrees Cancer is making a trine to both these points. What can I expect this month?

The amount of analysis you’re asking me to do involves a consultation.

• Jayne Moore says:

I guessed either death (change) or rebirth involving my home since Venus is in my 4th house or children since Mars is in my 5th house. I first studied astrology 42 years ago and put it aside. My biggest challenge was my own chart with an intercepted 1st house and double signs on my 3rd, 4th, 9th and 10th houses. Thank you for responding I will figure it out. My rising sign is Pisces as you know I am drawn to the occult.

52. BRN says:

north node will transit over my natal neptune in scorpio at 0 degrees (3/4/2014)..from what I’ve read, and there isnt much out there, I am becoming quite nervous. do you have a good intrepretation of nn conj neptune?

Impetus to follow yoru dream? It all depends what Neptune means in your chart…it could refer to creativity, romance, addiction, escape…but a NN transit is never negative. So focus on Neptune’s positive qualities.

53. brn says:

Thanks Nadia, I didnt know NN transits were never negative.

54. elizabeth says:

so does that mean south node transits ARE negative, being the opposite?

Hi Nadia, I didn’t understand this post at the time as I didn’t know about nodes yet. Still learning :)

My north node is Gemini 4 deg 9H. So my south node must be 4 deg Sag 3H.

The north node has passed my sun scorpio 3deg 2H now, but at 7deg it’s still conjunct. Progressed AC is 9deg scorpio so it’s conjunct that too. Taurus 8H is empty for me, but my friend’s taurus moon falls there 19deg as well as his DC 22deg taurus.

Looking ahead, my neptune is 19deg scorpio and mercury 21 deg scorpio. I found your post on neptune transiting north node, what happens the other way around?

Also, my sun/moon midpoint is 19deg scorpio. Is something very important coming up? My friend’s uranus is scorpio 20deg 12H and his AC is 22deg scorpio. Feels like it might be significant.

Transiting north node is now in my friend’s 12H and soon will oppose his taurus moon. His natal north node is virgo 19deg 10H, conjunct natal saturn and MC. His south node, 19deg pisces is conjunct his IC and my Chiron 18deg Pisces. His Chiron is 5 deg Taurus, which would be directly opposite my sun. Feels like a lot of karma here, and the north node is about to bring more lessons or something?

Regarding technical stuff, can I ask a question about composite charts please? I found an older post about grand trines so I looked it up, but different charts show different things. The Davison showed a grand air trine exactly as you wrote about, but the composite midpoint showed Libra rising and no trines. Another composite showed scorpio rising but I don’t know if I got something wrong. Bit confused about this.

Thanks, Nadia! :)

Davison and Composite charts are calculated differently. I can’t tell you much about Davison charts because I only work with Composites, but the results will be different. However, if you entered the correct birth data for both partners, a Composite chart should be the same every time.

• Kisses says:

Thanks. No, it’s bizarre. I use the charts in astro.com and select from the dropdown menu, so the birth data is the same. But Davison charts are completely different. I might stick to composites then, the midpoint ones. :)

56. I am in the process of having the transit of the nodes over my ascendant at 7 Scorpio. Any insight here would be helpful. Thanks, Frances.

57. PaleBlue says:

I wonder if you can ease my mind about a string of big, bad-a**ed transits all convening at once in March of 2014 according to astrodienst timing…

Transiting NN conjunct natal Neptune (which trines natal Venus)
    Tr. Pluto conjunct IC, square Asc/Desc axis
    Tr. Uranus conjunct Desc, square IC
    Saturn return within orb (exact in Nov. 2014)

YIKES! Help, anyone? I don’t have the bandwidth for any major disasters… can this possibly be interpreted as positive? Freaked in CA

Saturn Return always brings a culmination of what you’ve done up to this point (depending on the area of your chart it’s hitting). So whether it’s positive or not depends on what changes you’ve been making/work you’ve been doing.

58. PaleBlue says:

Thank you, Nadia. 2nd Saturn return is in Scorpio in 2nd house, but I am more worried about the Cardinal cross hitting all my angles at roughly the same time. Really it looks the worst around March 20, 2014. Not far away… : P

59. sylvie says:

I have Jupiter at 5 degrees in Scorpio (3rd house)and North Node is transiting it this month. On the other side, the South Node is transiting my Saturn in Taurus (9th house) at 7 degrees. I was wondering what it could imply. Communication on a bigger scale but a bit scary since Saturn does not agree.

60. North Node is right now conjunct my natal Scorpio Mars in 2nd house. I have felt for a while that my Mars energy is just waiting to be released, it is very strong, my Mars sextiles my Virgo Sun and trines my MC. This night I dreamt that I climbed the highest mountain and up there there was a swing that would swing out over the ocean and I said to my partners you do that because I do not dare do that. In real life I have always said if there is something I fear, I must do it and if I do not want to i must first ask myself if it fear that talks then i must do it. Last week I had a dream that said, the only thing you fear is yourself. This morning I drew the Fool. I suppose it is time to enter the swing and trust myself.

Wow…beautiful. Thank you for sharing that!

• With pleasure. Writing about stuff often makes it more real to me. I am at the moment constantly baffled by the Nodes and the ways the North and South seem both to be pulling so ever strongly. I have a Libra ascendant and my NN is in 9th house Gemini, which makes it all extra topsy turvy, but I try to find a way of treading lightly in my dealings with all heavy subjects, which I must say does not always appeal to a Scorpio Mars….

61. Julia says:

South Node conjunct sun Jupiter 0′ 2 Taurus 9th,
    Sextile trans Neptune, conjunct Nat Saturn
    Vocation, or Location, that seems to be the questions here, settling down to further Ed qualifications, or inventing my own classroom in the wide yonder, of organic farming? this seems to be the pull in the soul here to know when it has learnt enough to be satisfied to teach or trust ones own Knowledge.