Chiron Retrograde in Pisces

Photo by http://www.flickr.com/photos/alicepopkorn/

Photo by http://www.flickr.com/photos/alicepopkorn/

Chiron (the Wounded Healer) will go retrograde in Pisces on June 16th. The area of your chart that transiting Chiron occupies is where you might be experiencing an “ouch” (physical or emotional).

This will be an intensification (or revisiting) of certain issues, if you haven’t dealt with them. Chiron enables healing, but only after the initial wound has been exposed. While the exact impact depends on your chart, generally you can expect a confrontation or situation that makes you feel vulnerable. For some, a new talent will be revealed (Chiron enhances abilities where you help others through the pain you’ve experienced). Note that “pain” can range from an actual health issue to feeling socially exposed, or inadequate for a certain task. It doesn’t have to be dramatic.

Chiron will retrograde (reverse) from 13 to 9 degrees Pisces, and will move over those degrees again when it goes direct on November 19th. This is the hot-spot in your chart, especially if you have natal planets or angles there (or in Virgo, Sagittarius or Gemini). Chiron retrograde in Pisces is a chance to expose/clarify hidden areas where you feel “less than”, and heal them. This will be especially apt if you’ve been denying or avoiding the discomfort.

But it doesn’t stop at healing. The glyph for Chiron is shaped like a key; it unlocks pain, but also the knowledge that comes from it. This is a teaching transit. It’s a three-step process:

1. Open the wound
  2. Heal it
  3. Learn from it

Steps 2 and 3 are intertwined. If you’re not sure how that would work, imagine trying to heal something without learning what caused it, what the most effective treatment would be, and how you could prevent it from happening again. By the time you’re done with a Chiron issue, you’re an expert.

This entry was posted in Chiron, Pisces, Transits. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Chiron Retrograde in Pisces

1. Cigi says:

In Equal House, I already have Chiron in the 12th/Aries so I’m sure my discomfort level will be the usual. However, Retrograde Chiron will be conjunct my North Node at 9 degrees Pisces. Is this significant in any way?

2. Christina says:

Natally, 7 degree Chiron is right next to 8 degree Venus in the first house; transiting Chiron in in the 4th. Looking at your house guide, I can say I don’t really care about my roots or long gone family (Father, that’s a different story). Made the relocation and redecorating a year ago (Neptune transiting my 4th) but a career change is what I’m really hoping for. Lots of sickness and old age around the in laws so death would not surprise me.

3. alex says:

not that bad… the rx will delay my Chiron return but if it goes as back as to 10 Pis 52… ummmm, my IC is there!

4. AG says:

Oof. Saturn (retrograde in the 1st house in Sag) is in a direct opposition to Chiron (7th house/Gemini) for me natally, at roughly 10 degrees. This is going to square both of them – again. This February was really, really challenging for me… can’t say I’m not apprehensive about the retrograde, but maybe it will be easier the second and third time around?

5. Frog Princess says:

Eek, it will station directly on my Ascendant before passing over my moon. Im scared! Everything Ive read about Chiron conjunct AC is grim. I wouldnt mind but Im just launching a new business and am thinking Chiron involves wounding, Ascendant is identity and public image. :( Am trying to convince myself that because I am working with my natal Chiron (Taurus 2nd) and setting up my own business, alone, having ended a relationship, forging a new life and self-worth, that I am doing the Chiron work and nothing terrible will occur?!

Grim, really? I would see this as a fantastic opportunity to emerge as a teacher/guide to others. In the post, I talk about how Chiron can bring out your talents (if you apply what you have learned from your wounds), and this sounds right on track with your business.

• Frog Princess says:

Ah thats reassuring! I had read that Chiron conjunct ascendant/moon could involve public vulnerability and wounding of the identity. But thinking about it, that wounding has already occurred, I am now healing it by putting myself out there!! (duh, makes loads more sense). Not sure about healer/guide just yet but I’m told I’m being an inspiration to a few people :)

• Myrlock says:

Ascendent does not represent how the public see you. The 10th house represents how public see you. Your ascendent is how you present yourself to people.

6. Valerie says:

Retro Chiron is 14 degrees Pisces in my Natal 10 house and goes forward on my birthday. Any suggestions?

7. Tracie says:

Chiron is currently conjunct my natal Chiron-10′, Moon-11′ & Jupiter-12′ in my 6th house. Chiron has always intrigued me but still don’t completely understand my “wound’.

8. Aub says:

Hi. I have natal Chiron in 11 deg Pisces, opp Uranus and Pluto in Virgo at 8 and 13 degrees respectively. Not quite sure what to expect from the retrograde but a lot of healing has gone on over the past three years.

9. Ana Maria Oliveira says:

I have my Chiron in conjunction with Jupiter, also in Pisces, 11º, 12th house. Healing and learning, again, and again, yes!

10. siobhan says:

2nd hit of the Chiron return. “Doesn’t have to be dramatic” . Well it has been in fact dreadful. 8th house. Oh look who’s here! Former husband…trying to make it all better. Expletive!

11. brenda says:

running over my pisces moon 11 degrees…backing up and runningn over it again…ouch.

12. elizabeth says:

it’s never easy in this life. “oh, this learning, what a thing it is…”

13. Novlady says:

Opposing a 5th house mars…creativity, sexual healing? Since its Virgo/Pisces energy, could those themes deal with faith?

Sure, absolutely. Also, how you deal with not getting what you desire (or maybe…getting what you desire..sometimes that can hurt as well).

14. vortech says:

This is interesting specially the talent part, the fog has gotten lighter and I see a pathway. this relates somehow to what was given up due to financial fear many years ago. Another talent or craft was chosen at that time and I have relied on my vision and followed it successfully. I will take this new path, it has good potential and development .

15. Maire says:

Yes! I have Descendant 9°24 Pisces and natal Chiron at 12°21 Pisces. The lingering demise of a LTR began in mid-2011, but there was a LOT of vacillating denial going on for months. Then on June 2, 2012 I learned of a secret betrayal that occurred exactly on May 20,2012 (Venus Transit) as Chiron was approaching its station over my Descendant – certainly ripping open a festering wound for me. There’s been a lot of S-L-O-W learning occurring for me over the last year. At the lunar eclipse this past April I closed the door once and for all – then he came and ‘locked it shut’ at the May lunar eclipse.
    I’m really hopeful the final pass will close the chapter on this very painful, but necessary learning experience. What I’ve learned is the need for balance and equality in my relationships. I can no longer take on the role of martyr as a means of staying “safe” in love, n’est-ce pas?

16. Linnea says:

This was a very enlightening post; thank you! My natal Chiron is in Pisces in the 8th (and was retrograde at the time of my birth). Would this cause me to feel the cycle more strongly?

17. Mel says:

With pain comes strength. Chiron retrograding in my 5th house. We have been having a rough time trying to conceive. The day Chiron went retrograde I found myself in the er with excruciating pain, they ran every test. Endometriosis. I get surgery in a few weeks (uranus transiting my 6th, shaking my world up). This can explain a whole lot about our struggle. But as stated, I must Open up the wound. Heal it. And learn.

18. Sharmla Pillay says:

Hi thank you for the insight.

I’ve just been initiated into learning about and embracing Transiting Chiron in my chart. It’s 10.14 of Pisces in the 4th house. Opposing Natal Pluto and Uranus. Any insight into this will be just awesome?

Thank you.
    Love n Light
    Sharm

19. Izabella says:

I have Chiron in Pisces (14 degree), in the 12th house and conjunction my sun (17 pisces), opposition Pluto (12 degree Virgo) Uranus (7 degree Virgo), sextile Moon (8 Capricorn conj MC 13 Capricorn), it also trines Neptune in Scorpio.

Where do I begin in understanding this? What is my soon Chiron return going to bring and how can I raise to handle it? I feel like saying – too much is too much, leave me alone and go away, please. :)

20. Izabella says:

Dear Nadia,
    well, now I feel scared. You haven;t suggest consultation to anyone else. It’s like others need a pat on the back, or just an advice, while I have to go in for the surgery. How very Chironian of me!…..:)
    But even though it’s hard it’s not really that difficult for I have already survived Pluto conj. the Moon in Capricorn on the South node 8 degrees and conj MC) while simultaneously Neptune went over my natal Saturn (28 degree Aquarius,11th house) and look I can still email you :)
    I feel that the worst must be behind me.

I suggested a consultation because of the amount of detail you gave me in the comment. When someone gives me details from their chart and asks me to interpret in the comments section, I’ll tackle the bare minimum because of time constraints and the fact that I’m doing this for free. Anything more than the minimum amount of details and I will always say that I need to look at the whole chart (which requires a consultation).