The Gift: Jupiter In Cancer And The Grand Water Trine

Picture by http://www.flickr.com/photos/alicepopkorn/2949731451/

Picture by http://www.flickr.com/photos/alicepopkorn/2949731451/

June 21st is the Summer Solstice (the Sun moves into Cancer). It’s a yearly thing, but this one will be exceptional.

Cancer is a Cardinal sign – emotional movement. Follow your instincts, lead with your gut. Feel your way forward. The emotional energy will be ripe, because this Solstice will feature the second of two Grand Water Trines (the first one occurred here). The Sun in Cancer will trine Saturn (in Scorpio) and Neptune (in Pisces) from June 21st to June 26th (when the trine is exact). Jupiter will enter Cancer on June 25th, trining Saturn and Neptune until July 17th. So here’s a nice window of time to work with.

Jupiter (expansion and abundance) in emotional Cancer promises more nurturing and empathy, and more neediness. But its energy will be restrained by Saturn and elevated by Neptune. This is the ideal of caring/nurturing, without the baggage of expectations. Mothering, not smothering. Feelings, not tantrums. Neediness can be set aside (during the Trine) in favour of taking responsibility (Saturn) for what you want, and realizing that you can transcend (Neptune) your existing situation to get it. Yes, you can reach beyond the boundaries of your helplessness/fear/guilt/childhood/food issues and make some real progress. Jupiter moves forward.

Jupiter will be Cancer until July 16th, 2014. All three Water signs will reap the benefits, and I’ll write more about this in my next post.

This entry was posted in Cancer, Grand Water Trine, Jupiter, Seasons, Solstice, Sun, Transits. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to The Gift: Jupiter In Cancer And The Grand Water Trine

1. Tam says:

Yay! I’m so excited for jupiter’s entry into Cancer. I have a grand trine in water myself with cancer moon (1st house), scorpio jupiter (5th house) and pisces sun (9th house).
    After a rather hellish few years I cannot wait for jupiter to spread some cheer.

2. H. says:

My sun is 0’30 Cancer, and I’m looking forward to this solar return. Taking it so seriously, that I’m traveling for my birthday this year because of astrocartography (it works!) :)

When I checked out my solar return at my current location, I got 1) Saturn in the 2nd house, 2) Pluto in the 4th; and 3) Uranus in the 7th. ‘WTF!’ I thought. And then after hours of scouring the Earth, I found a more or less acceptable place. It happens to be Eastern Quebec. I’ll get an approximation of my natal houses and I can deal with that, it’s familiar at this point due to the transits.

Thanks for the promise of something good, Nadia :)

Sincerely,

Eclipse-Worn

3. debbie says:

This 0′ cancer will celebrate her June 22nd birthday with a little optimisim this year as my solar return will indeed be absent the harshness for the last few years in some respects and some potential to expand on the good/faith I have gained throughout those years, at least thats what I am hoping, the nth node will be conjunct my progressed POF too so, there is definately a sense of hope…and turning 52 to boot, cant do better than 3 x 13 for a little power eh?

4. Irish reader says:

I have a Cancer stellium (Sun, moon and Jupiter) in my 7th house. Any happy sparkles that come this way will be appreciated!! :)

5. Lina44 says:

I am so looking forward to this astrological bliss!
    My natal Jupiter is at 3 degrees Cancer 9th house, should defo be in line for some gifts! Transiting Saturn is in the 1st at the moment and transiting Neptune in the 5th, so it is the 1st-5th-9th houses that will be activated, sounds good!

6. voda says:

freedom!! yes, i have done everyhing humanely possible… and am settling for what comes as i dont know what to do… anymore. does it mean i was born with this trine if i have venus 4 pisces, node 3 cancer saturn 4 scorpio? is it more powerful or anything? anyway an aquarian is looking forward to freedom as it does not take cage very well ie at all :D

Yes, you have a natal Grand Water Trine. That’s a great of fortunate energy at your disposal. But being born with a Grand Trine can be a mixed blessing, because its energy is so smooth that it can be taken for granted. So it’s a good idea to look at the areas in your chart it involves and think about how events in those areas may have always “worked out” for you. Once you zero in on that, you can start to capitalize on its energy…push those areas a bit more and you’ll see huge benefits.

• voda says:

thank you Nadia. well, it is a lot of thinking to do, and it involves knowledge, 3 areas that mix toghether.. but i have one example so hopefully i will figure something out. So far thanks for insight and time and another thing to look forward to :)

7. Kira says:

Jupiter is going to make a conjunction to my natal Chiron in Cancer, 4th house. Should I be happy or worried? :) I know it depends on other aspects, but I don’t know how to interpret that particular aspect because Chiron is not very well described yet.

8. Kira says:

Also, thank you so much for your articles! They are actually giving me a lot of hope with dealing with emotions and confrontations with the past I am up to now. :) Thanks to them I know I’m not insane!

9. Christina says:

I have 5′ Uranus in 8th house Cancer. This means freedom ( Jupiter) involving aspects of that particular house? Or do I look at the 4-8-12 houses where the trine falls ?

If Uranus is the only natal planet that is being hit by the trine, look at all 3 houses, but the focus will be on 8th House Uranus.

10. jacy says:

Hey Nadia,

very interesting article…. My natal Moon is at 4 deg Scorpio so the Water Trine is aspecting it. I have been trying to figure out how this influence will show? Usually as far as I remember Saturn conjuncting the Moon is said to be a very restricting/depressing time, could it be that the trine simply takes out some of the heaviness of this influence? What else is there to it? Major feelings but with a decent sense of reality to it? Being able not to get lost in wishes/fantasies?

Also since I am born in July, the trine between Saturn, Neptune and Jupiter will be in my Solar Return, coincidentally also involving the Moon, which will be at almost the same spot as my natal Moon – at 6 deg Scorpio … Should I be happy about this or rater worry?

Thank you again for your help!

The trine in your SR is a good thing. Regarding Saturn on your natal Moon, the trine should lighten any heaviness from Saturn, or at least give you an outlet.

11. NovemberSun says:

With a Mercury at 4 degrees Scorpio…what kind of gift could I expect? Mental peace?

12. Rob says:

Sun in Cancer (my 10th house – career), Saturn in Scorpio (my 2nd – security, money), and Neptune in Pisces (my 6th – daily routine, job change). Hope this will be good for my career!

13. MajjikMoon says:

Can house cusps be included in place of planets to make up a grand water trine? I have cancer sun/mercury conj trine 5th house cusp in scorpio trine north node on pisces? Also will transiting Jupiter in Cancer take some pressure off fm the current pluto opposition for the next 12mths (fingers crossed) or expand it somehow?

The only house cusps that you would really feel anything with would be the angles (cusp of the 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th). I don’t think you’ll feel much with this trine aspecting your 5th House cusp. The trine might give you an outlet to deal with the Pluto opposition (a release).

14. Mec says:

I’m looking forward to my Jupiter return. Some freedom is definitely in order.

15. Mary says:

Thank you for a ‘deeper’ understanding of how the grand water trine might work. So many astrologers are painting these events as time to ‘make your dreams come true’ but my Capi rising is thinking, hold on — there’s work here too! I think the saturn influence will actually dampen any out-of-bounds day dreams and bring illusions up to consciousness for review so that we are aware of where situations and/or relationships have been operating as wishful thinking and where we have also been ignoring realities. Must confess that I’m mostly air (a stellium in Aquarius) but I’m trying to listen more closely to my intuition because, believe it or not, Aquarians do day dream about love and romance.

So, originally I thought that I would not be affected by the water trine. However, my progressed moon is at 3 degrees of Scorpio in the natal 9th house (and I’m working on an advanced degree) but it is right on the MC of my relocated chart (haven’t lived in my birth city since I was 5). Do you think this trine can influence progressions, relocated charts and even solar return charts? If this is the case, then maybe there will be some eventful happenings. Or am I engaging in too much wishful thinking -:) Thanks for your brilliant insights and great writing!

I agree…Saturn will put limits on out of bound dreams.
      Yes, the trine will definitely influence a SR chart (it should be very positive). I’m not sure that it would do much for a relocation chart, but if it aspects Progressed planets, once again, yes it will have a definite influence.

16. Olga says:

Nadia says: ” This Trine will bring you something. Anything involving Jupiter opens things up. The question is, what will you do with what you receive? Hint: it will involve freedom. If you have planets/angles between 0-5 degrees Cancer, Pisces or Scorpio, you’re first in line to receive Jupiter’s gifts.”

Olga says: Yaba daba dooo. I have Saturn in Pisces 02°Pi06 ” in 2nd house. My radar is up, and my awareness is heightend. I could use some relief in the 2nd house. I’m glad this Capricorn can be 1st in line for this alignment.

My daughter’s Natal North Node is 05°Sc39′ in her 12th house. She’s leaving for St. Pete’s Beach in FL with a friend June 17 – June 26th. She loves the water, being by the beach. Hopefully, she’ll meet new people (North Node) and have a “Grand Trine” of a time by the water. Might be her opportunity to move forward with her 12th house North Node. :)

17. Dina says:

Thanks for the perspective on the grand trine and Jupiter in Cancer: as a Scorpio I’m hoping for good things!

I also ordered a mini report from Nadia and I have to say it’s fabulous! If you haven’t ordered one or are thinking about it I would highly recommend it! Nadia’s insight combined with her knowledge of astrology is amazing; very few astrologers have her skill!

18. Stacie says:

Thanks for the article, it helped a lot. I haven’t had a chart reading done before but I know I am an early degree scorpio and my boyfriend is cancer. The last couple years have been really hard on us, how do you think this grand trine would be helpful to us? We could use some freedom :)

19. I have a triple grand trine in water and now I am just realizing that I have node in water as well. Uranus in 6 degrees scorpio in 3rd house, Venus in 7th house at 5 Pisces and mars in 11th house at 0 degrees cancer. Not to mention that I have sun in Pisces at 29 degrees, moon in Scorpio at 21 degrees, Saturn in cancer at 26 degrees, mercury in Pisces at 17 degrees and north node at 13 degrees Scorpio. I have just been contacted about being a part of a psychic reality show. Could this grand trine in water mean some seriously needed relief for me? Thanks in advance for your response.

20. asd says:

I have a stellium in the first house (sun, mercury, and venus)
    With scorpio (Saturn and Mars) and Pisces (midheaven) placements.

I can’t wait for some good news.The past few years have been hard and SR of course. Ugh!

21. Bridget says:

This grand water trine will hit my 1st,6th and 9th houses..d.o.b 8/26/73 time 6:29pm in westland michigan..not sure
    what to expect,hoping someone can tell me.