The July 29th Grand Sextile

Grand Sextile

What’s the deal with this upcoming Grand Sextile?

It’s complicated, so let me break it down.

On July 29th (and only on July 29th) the Moon in Taurus will form a Grand Earth Trine with Venus in Virgo and Pluto in Capricorn. Then, there’s a Grand Water Trine consisting of Saturn in Scorpio, Neptune in Pisces and Jupiter/Mars in Cancer.

So we’ll have two, interlocking Grand Trines. And…those planets will sextile each other. The Moon will sextile Jupiter/Mars, which will sextile Venus, which will sextile Saturn, which will sextile Pluto, which will sextile Neptune, which will sextile the Moon.

I posted a picture of the configuration, so you can see what it looks like (another name for this aspect is a Star of David).  All Water and Earth. All harmonious aspects, all hooked up together in an unbroken circuit. There’s a couple of wide oppositions in there (Jupiter/Mars opposite Pluto, Moon opposite Saturn) but they’ll be weak. The harmony of the sextiles and trines will drown out any tension.

And that’s why this aspect is a big deal, but only if you do something with it. There will be so much harmonious, flowing, Water/Earth energy, that it will be easy to do nothing. Plus, this aspect will be brief; the Moon will only be within orb of Venus and Pluto from (roughly) 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM EDT. That’s your window, then the Grand Sextile dissolves.

It’s a very rare opportunity. What can you do with it? Sextiles are creative, trines are self-contained. These ones are ripe with feminine/Yin energy. Yin energy receives, nurtures, replenishes and grounds. To me, this aspect feels perfect for healing, meditation and soothing. It’s not about making a splashy statement or impressing people with your sexy ambition. But it’s also a potent moment, so if you wanted to set an intention or manifest something, this would be prime time to get your message out there. Feelings (Water) are given form by how you express them in the real world (Earth). This is always true, but this truth will have extra power during the Grand Sextile.

The overall theme is feminine. This energy is full of feeling (emotional and physical). If you wanted to start something that involves empathy or an emotional/physical connection, this would be the perfect time.

Keep these key words in mind if you’re going to work with this aspect:

• invite/attract/intuit/allow
  • quiet/stillness
  • centered

Those with planets/angles from 6-9 degrees in any of the Water or Earth signs will be primed to make the most of this energy.

This entry was posted in Grand Sextile, Natal Aspect Patterns. Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to The July 29th Grand Sextile

1. Jill says:

Would this be a good time to reach out to somebody (my oldest son, a Virgo) who is currently estranged from me? I have Pluto and Mars at 8 and 9 degrees Virgo.

2. Mia says:

Beautiful.

3. Novemberlady says:

Thanks for explaining and providing the visual. It looks beautiful.

4. Amy says:

It’s beautiful!

Geographically further west, the time will be GMT equivalent of EDT? I ask because I’m assuming where it’s happening in the sky could be either clockwise or anti clockwise… or am I completely wrong!?
    Thanks Nadia :-)

5. Charles says:

I’ll have to check the angles more closely, but it looks like this doesn’t quite fit a Grand Sextile. I think you’d have to widen the orbs a little, to get the sextiles all around. I recall there was another almost-Grand Sextile a few months ago, but the two trines were too far out of orb.

ISteve Judd commented that it is a sextile when the chart is done heliocentrically. Wow, where do you find software that does heliocentric charts? I suppose I could do it manually with an ephemeris.

Yes, the orbs are widened, but the general consensus amongst astrologers is that this is a Grand Sextile.
      I just used Whole Sign houses. This is Solar Fire software.

6. Lina44 says:

My natal chart is almost identical with the one posted above-having the same signs on the housecusps. Therefore, I have T Saturn through the 1st, T Neptune through the 5th, T Jupiter through the 9th, etc. All these transiting planets will be making close aspects to my natal planets on July 29, such as T Jupiter conjunct natal Jupiter, T Moon conjunct natal Sun, T Sun conjunct natal Mars… So many houses and planets are activated, that is is impossible for me to define a specific theme/topic/area in which I might feel the intense planetary sextile energies of the day.

7. Mary Hu says:

This is why I love astrology! We’re all struggling along with some tough aspects this week, but something like this happens to ease the frustration. Now I just need to make the most of it! Thanks for the heads up!

8. barb says:

Transiting Pluto 9 cap is exactly trining my Venus right now at 9 taurus on the MC, and the moon on that day, at 9 taurus, is exactly conjuncting my Venus. So, it looks like this is just reinforcing that and turning it into a lovely grand trine. What shall I do with this energy I wonder. I’d love to meet someone…may make myself visible that day lol

9. brn says:

the only planet between 6-9 degrees of water or earth is my mars at 7 degree capricorn ( 7th house) is this where I should look and since it is mars do you think it would require action on my part?

Your Mars would be the focal point, and it would suggest action (calm, measured action…Capricorn), but keep in mind the general energy of the sextile. Plus, Mars in the 7th always involves another, or you receiving action from another. So it depends what you want to accomplish.

10. France says:

Sure this configuration will help this blog after the Virgo/Leo debate!

Looking forward to this! My MC is 9 deg Cancer (where my Jupiter is at 1 deg).
    I have had a year of major losses so far, but I’ve been reading all the great and positive advice in this blog diligently and working hard on moving forwards. How might I best use the grand sextile?

Also, I wanted to ask about if we’re just outside the 6-9 deg window and if they’re affected at all? I have sun in Scorpio 3 deg 2nd house, and Saturn in Pisces 10 deg 5th house. And Jupiter as I mentioned.

Thank you for all your hard work, Nadia! :)

12. Dina says:

You mention setting intensions: can we do this before the Grand Sextile (say several days before?) or on the exact day/time of day?

Thanks: wonderful as always!

The day of the Grand Sextile is the best time to set those intentions, because that’s when the energy is strong. But you can always practice before hand…figure out what you want, and then on the day, actually say it/write it or do whatever official thing puts it out there.

13. on.the.coast says:

Thanks for this Nadia!

I have my natal Moon at 8 degrees Capricorn in the 9th. Pluto will Rx near it one last time (I’ve learned my lessons, the HARD way!) My MC is at 13 degree Capricorn, will it be affected owing to my natal Moon’s conjunction and the its aspects in the Grand Sextile? Thanks :)

Your MC? No…too far out of orb. But your Moon will certainly be impacted. The Sextile should be a nice reward (or at least a balm) after Pluto’s transit.

14. Marie says:

Hi Nadia
    the Earth trine – Venus will be conjuncting my pluto in the 2 nd house sextiling natal NEptune ine the 4th which is being conjunct transiting saturn – tr neptune conjunting my chiron in the 8th. tr Pluto conjunct desc opp asc mercury tr Moon in my 10th 5 degrees from my venus 4 degrees Venus (Moon taurus natal 22 Taurus).

Water trine Neptune as above, saturn as above tr jupiter conjunct natal mercury (2 degrees above asc) Mars, mercury transits close to my natal asc 11 degrees cancer squared transiting Uranus in 9th opposite mars solar arc???

What insight can you give me with that.

I love your blog, the most down to earth helpful info.

THanks

15. Debbie says:

oh dear, it occurs while asleep down here, hope I dream good dreams lol! (1am-9am 30/7)

16. helloise says:

Cool. Was planning to do exactly this. Sextile’s happening in the wee hours of the morning on my part of the world, good time for meditation and goal-/soul-setting. Thanks as always Nadia for your wonderfully useful posts. Also, I think it’s admirable the way you’ve moderated the tensions in the last posts.

17. Katie says:

Thanks for another wonderful post. I love your writing.

I have my ascendant at 7 degrees Capricorn and my descendant at 7 degrees Cancer. If I understand correctly, Jupiter will be right on my descendant, entering the seventh house. Any advice? :-)

Thank you. :)
      Yes, TR Jupiter will be entering your 7th House of relationships. Lucky you! Very nice for meeting someone new (if you’re single, this would be the day to put yourself out there in whatever way you feel comfortable) or for enhancing an existing relationship. In both cases…be open to whatever comes your way and think about dropping all grudges/fears/insecurities (just for those few hours) and see what happens.

• Katie says:

Thank you, Nadia! As a Libra Sun, Saturn, Mercury, and Pluto (all tenth house), with Cancer and Capricorn angles, I’ve been *aware* of the cardinal transits (it’s all learning though), so some Jupiter luck will be welcome. Your fabulous advice is appreciated! :-)

18. Cynthia says:

I have my sun in the 8th house at 5-14.33″. Will this grand sextile affect me at all?
    Thank you Nadia….love your site!

You’re welcome!
      The degree that your Sun is at is right in the zone, but it depends what sign it’s in (if it’s in an earth or water sign).

• Cynthia says:

Sorry, was so sure I gave you all the info. My sun is in Scorpio. So yes, I guess it will affect me. Thank you!

19. CM says:

Thank you for this explanation! My ascendant is at 6 degrees Pisces and then descendant at 7 degrees Virgo plus Jupiter at 8 degrees Capricorn. I think my sun falls just outside of this at 4 degrees Scorpio. I’m looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

20. mick says:

how will the US stockmarkets perform on the 29th?

21. P. says:

Nadia,
    I’m planning to relaunch a business website and re-register a company this Monday. Do you think it’s an appropriate use of this configuration and its energy?

• P. says:

Ah I see your comment just above. I guess this falls under mundane matters as well?

Nope.
        When I say “mundane” I mean big picture issues…like the stock market, government, etc. Anything related to you, personally, falls under my area of expertise. To answer your question…I can’t say for sure without analyzing your chart, but it can’t hurt to use the Sextile to launch your business.

22. jamilah says:

would this be a good time to pull my mate close to me?

23. V says:

This looks like it will be a very pleasant aspect.
    I was wondering if you would be able to give me some advice on how it might affect me? I’m a little unsure at the moment if I’m reading it right.
    I don’t have anything in 6-9 degrees, but I do have a couple close to that. My Jupiter is 5 deg in Virgo, in the 12th house. Would Venus in Virgo conjunct that and have an effect? And Mercury 11 deg Taurus (house 9) seems kind of close too, conjunct by the Moon. Is that right? Or are these too far out to be hit?
    If not, is what I could use the potential energy for in the planets being hit or the houses they are in, or a combination? This stuff confuses me a little, your help would be much appreciated.

Venus will be at 8 degrees, so it will be past your Jupiter. Mercury at 11 deg Taurus is too far out of aspect for it to be reached by the Moon in the Earth Trine (9 degrees max). However, you can still use the energy, even if it doesn’t make an exact hit to your planets. Please read this week’s horoscopes (which I just published) for an idea of what you can do with the Sextile.

24. Tracie says:

Pluto & Venus both at 8′ in 12th house Virgo (transiting Venus is conjunct these) which is opposite Chiron-10′ in Pisces. It also has my Moon-11′ & Jupiter-12 but may not be close enough to mean anything. The only other thing I have is Uranus-10′ in 2nd house Scorpio.

Secrets, love, wounds (seems Chiron is always involved), upheaval, and self worth. It’s felt edgy & scattered lately & I’ve worked hard at biting my tongue lately. It’s all about what’s in the shadows for me and TRUTH. I think this is what I should meditate on and maybe it’s time to call my dad. Am I on target or am I missing something?

THANKS AGAIN for another amazing article.

Today’s sextile can enable healing, so it’s certainly worth a try. Even if the sextile is not making close aspects to your planets, you can still use the energy.

25. Tracie says:

Correction: I have Neptune-10′ in 2nd house Scorpio not Uranus.

26. c.wright.thru.u. says:

Divine infinite ever-increasing blessings of gratitude, appreciation, love, light, peace, ascension, success, abundance, freedom, wellness, oneness, perfection, joy, to you and ALL, NOW and always.

27. vella wood wolfe says:

Thank you. This has really helped me with the timing of sending an email which has strong implications on the ethical behaviour of a group who are so ego based that they could harm the welfare of more sensetive souls