The Tension Continues: Mars in Cancer Squares Uranus in Aries

"Corrida" by Elena Drobychevskaja

“Corrida” by Elena Drobychevskaja

You may think the tension will be over once the Mars/Pluto opposition peaks on July 27th.

But Mars in moody Cancer will be squaring rebellious Uranus in Aries from July 27th to July 31st. Abrupt change (Uranus) will stir up some heated emotions (Mars in Cancer). Unlike the Pluto opposition, this aspect is not about big, external power versus you. The theme will be irritation/anger/restlessness. Getting riled up when you perceive that your safety or security is being challenged. Alternatively, this aspect could trigger some necessary (but jarring) changes.

It all depends on what’s happening in the part of your chart occupied by Cancer. You may not actually be challenged, but you’ll feel challenged. There’s a difference. How you react when your comfort zone (Cancer) is breached says a lot about how you’ll handle this square. Food and nurturing issues (Cancer) feel important right now. Are you an “angry eater?” What do you do with your frustration; do you feed it or release it? When Uranus is involved, freedom and independence are always paramount. It could be your freedom, their freedom, the freedom to seek comfort in whatever way makes you happy…somehow, this theme will be hi-lighted.

Mars is also (kind of) triggering the Uranus/Pluto square. The square is stretched out at the moment (Uranus is at 12 degrees Aries, Pluto is at 9 degrees Capricorn) but if it’s currently active in your life (and you’ll know if it is), Mars in Cancer will amplify it. Mars will be the trigger that accelerates the changes this Uranus/Pluto square has brought. You may experience it as external/big picture events (Uranus/Pluto) suddenly making themselves felt in a highly personal way (Cancer).

Don’t forget, the Grand Sextile will occur in the middle of all this tension. So use that day as a time out (if you need to). Maybe there’s a reason it’s happening while all this Mars/Pluto/Uranus aggravation is hitting us.

If you have planets/angles from 9 to 12 degrees Aries, Cancer, Libra or Capricorn, you’ll feel the Mars/Uranus square most intensely.

This entry was posted in Aries, Cancer, Mars, Transits, Uranus, Uranus/Pluto Square. Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to The Tension Continues: Mars in Cancer Squares Uranus in Aries

1. Glitter says:

my poor Aries Moon Jupiter has been in the hott pan.

10 degrees, 12 degrees

Wow. :( Volatile.

• Glitter says:

eek, volatile?

Yes…Jupiter expands whatever is going on. But that might just be your personal feelings . Then again…your Jupiter will also give you the optimism to rise above everything.

• Glitter says:

Mars is transiting my 8th & Uranus my 5th (which is on top of my natal Moon Jupiter)

I’ve been feeling pressured to address an intimacy wound with a new romantic prospect. Perhaps that’s what Jupiter is expanding. O boy, I’m going to try to aim for the latter, optimism.

Could be…the dual effect of rocking your security but giving you new, expansive (emotional/romantic) options. The nice thing about Jupiter is that it always provides a protective, positive influence.

• Glitter says:

yeah I can’t tell what’s real right now. But I am having a hell of a creative streak at least.

• mick says:

glitter: non despero, lube up lean into the fire and laugh.
      all will be well just a bump

2. Ale says:

Now I understand why! I have undeliberately hurted my boyfriend who has stellium in cancer. Confusing past goals with the life that is ahead needed restructuring some issues, on the factor me versus the factor us. Making it work again took a fresh look into the bright future of us siempre together and a whole day of smoothering.

3. lissy says:

I was just wondering if this would affect a person with Jupiter in 12 deg Cancer and Pluto in 13 deg Libra….

Thank you so much. Hopefully things will ease up in the next few weeks.

4. PR says:

Only few more days and hopefully we all can go back to being our less or more “normal” selves…having many natal squares tension is nothing I can’t deal with. But having to watch others struggle is another story. Aggression seems to be pouring out of many in bucket loads…

5. Cassidy says:

Scares the hey outta me.. being last few days were already totally explosive, unexpectedly, repeatedly, places you’d not expect it and so on. Kind of mulitple shockers :-o yes, i was hoping this would be it. My neighbors are very dangerous folks from Albania who have taken a dislike to me cos i’m annoyed at their all night raucous making. lots of strange happenings, and i don’t feel safe.
    That just one thing lately.
    Cancer is across 9th & 10th house on my chart, w MC @ 10° and Mercury (my ruling planet, i’m Gem) at 17°, are those gonna get hit, or have been? or? what does it look like for them right now? I don’t know i can keep up with this, Nadia. It’s been mega weird…. lots of blasting unexpected bad energy in different events, everyday now. Last 3 days were whoopers… I’m thinking the ‘drastic change’ than i want to happen is to leave this place, at long last, once and for all. Now i’l afraid even that’s gonna be compromised by this sudden onslaught of weirdness. Can you shed some light, please? It’s so appreciated :-)

Mars will cross over your MC on Jul 29th, Jupiter around the middle of August. Uranus will square your MC again in September, and Pluto is currently squaring it.
      Mars will cross over your Mercury at the start of August, Jupiter will cross over it at the end of September. Pluto/Uranus won’t hit your Mercury until 2015/2016.
      As for your leaving being compromised…can’t comment on that without seeing your chart.

6. Starbright says:

I had a nasty, nasty highly irrational fight with my husband last night involving shared resources and how it affects my freedom. Needless to say, all this is happening in my 8th house Cancer where in addition to the transiting planets, I have natal Uranus Rx…but at 5 degrees.

7. Mec says:

I met a Uranian/Plutonian recently. And I liked him. We were supposed to see each other today and I was super excited about it but it seems like I may have gotten a brush off. And I’m mad. I’m also mad that I am mad because I almost feel like it’s silly to feel so disappointed being that I haven’t known him long. Anyway, Uranus-Mars-Pluto squaring off in my 8th, 11th, and 5th house respectively–with Uranus smack dab on my Aries South Node. I’m so annoyed. I thought I could duck and cover from this one. Lol! Ugh.

8. Tansaway says:

Mars will be on my Saturn in cancer, 12th. Saturn rules my seventh and eighth so I’m thinking it may have to do with something relationship-wise. No idea what tho. Am looking forward to Jupiter being there later on instead :)

9. k says:

Hmm. Uranus is currently conjunct my Part of Fortune (in my 8th) — I wonder how that will impact me.

Surprising inheritance? Financial gift? The POF is about success, 8th House is other people’s money, and Uranus is about surprise. But I find the POF tricky…not everyone experiences it.

10. jgirl says:

JC!!! I don’t even know what to think or expect or hope for. my sun is 7 degree cancer, in my 7H. my partner’s mars and venus are conj my sun. he’s experiencing transit Uranus rx opposing his natal Uranus rx, AND opposing his moon in libra. this entire struggle has boiled down to his fear that his freedom is threatened, while I fear that our (future) partnership is threatened.
    im glad I know this is going on though, because I can plan accordingly by not fueling the fire, especially with mars conj my sun. ive made that mistake before, when the square has been activated and it was disastrous. hoping Jupiter will save me! Jupiter is conj my sun exact this weekend. thank you nadia!

11. S says:

Appreciate your posts Nadia. How does one fare with their venus in cancer and cancer in the 3rd house during all this?

Venus in 3rd House Cancer mixes love/attraction/self-esteem with communication. Expressing your feelings on all these issues is important, so these transits may stir that up, or you may hear something from someone else regarding those Venus themes. The exchange of information (and your ideas) will be triggered.

12. Dancing dog says:

Very interesting post, Nadia, thanks. I’ve been getting very frustrated with my Government job in health and things are finally moving on setting up a private health consortium, possibly working from home, with children and families (I’m Cancerian Sun, 12 deg, Cancer Asc, 27 deg, Moon/Mars conj in Libra 9 deg in 4th house). So, it’s stirring things up in a very good way, and I can certainly feel the need for freedom. I’ve cooked up 3 lots of casseroles today as stress-buster therapy :) Fridge is creaking.

13. Leo Piscean says:

Hi, Nadia. Both Ju & Sa 10 degrees in Libra. I already feel restless these days o_O sad to hear its gonna still continue..

14. Debbie says:

Even though the closest I have in the mars square uranus is my mercury in cancer at 8′ it has really been triggering a lot of anger regarding what myself and my children have endured the past 7 years and it feels like its going to burst out my chest at times, then the “Star of David” formation just seemed to melt it completely away for its peak of duration and I felt the most at ease and good I have felt for ages. Whether it was an illusion on not doesnt matter, it was a wonderful 9 hours! Back to the anger and its time I spoke up for us and hopefully help others by writing and confronting those in authority about the cruelty we have endured, mainly by an ignorant system which I have resisted till now, but it is time to make something good come from it all.

15. Sag rising says:

Wow have I been hit by this aspect HARD today. Moon is currently in the 8th house in cancer square Uranus in the 4th in Aries, Pluto is transit in the 2nd in Capricorn. I witnessed long term “young” caregiver verbally abusing my family member’s children. They were scared/frightened and would not leave my side clinging to me and one of them stating they never wanted me to leave. I had a major breakdown, my heart was breaking and have been crying all day because of what I witnessed. Had to find the courage to tell my family member what has been happening, opening up a huge can of worms as this person is a ‘star’ in their eyes. I only can pray that changes will be made now that I exposed the truth, as I have unfortunately done my ‘part’.

16. Sag rising says:

Oops- I meant “mars” above, not moon!

17. Deb says:

Hi Nadia. I have an Aries ascendent at 11 degrees. Curious how to surrender to what the transit is asking. Been doing my best to keep my cool but wonder if I should just let er rip! Any insight. Thank you.

18. Carolina says:

Hi. I’m Capricorn 1-10-63. I have Venus in Virgo 12*, mars in cancer 12*, Uranus in Aries 12* and Pluto in Cap at 9*; my husband is piscis. Last Sunday bet 12am to 6am ur house was robbed while we were sleeping. They took about $5k of items. I have been feeling horrible since and past night my husband who happens to be a tranquil easy going man had so much anger I thought he was going to hit the refrigerator — tell me this will pass soon. Thanks. I’m so sad.