Roll The Emotional Dice: Jupiter In Cancer Squares Uranus in Aries

"Dijora" by http://natalieshau.deviantart.com/

“Dijora” by http://natalieshau.deviantart.com/

So…the intensifying square between Jupiter in Cancer and Uranus (retrograde) in Aries. You know what? I see this as mostly positive.

Any combination of Uranus (surprise) and Jupiter (optimism/luck) can be associated with lucky breaks. Jupiter expands, Uranus breaks the rules. Limits are blown away and, for a brief moment, anything is possible. This could play out in different ways, but generally, the push for emotional expression (Jupiter in Cancer) will get a shot of “anything goes” (Uranus in Aries). People may take crazy risks to get what they want, and they may very well succeed. Mind you, they may fall flat on their faces as well. This is not a predictable influence.

But it has potential, see? It’s risky, but there’s hope. I’m not advising you to go bananas (I said this is a risky influence) but if there’s something you want to roll the dice on and if you’re ready to accept the consequences…go for it. The outcome may be a wonderful surprise. But first, take a hard look at your chart and see exactly how this influence is hitting it.

If you’re not up for risk taking, but you would like to navigate this energy, keep the word “freedom” in mind. Your freedom, their freedom. No one is going to hold your hand during this transit. If you cling, wallow or collapse in a heap of helplessness, you’ll activate the side of this aspect that tears away exactly what you think you need the most. Because Jupiter is involved, this shot of independence will definitely  be good for you. And you may see how good it is, really quickly. But why set yourself up for that initial, rude shove? Exercise your emotional independence to get the best from this influence.

Jupiter will also be trining Chiron (Wounded Healer) in Pisces. The tension of the square will speak louder than the trine, but the harmonious link between faith (Jupiter) and healing (Chiron) will still be there. Think of it as a gentle, background accompaniment. No matter what the Jupiter/Uranus square brings,  Jupiter trine Chiron says the salve for your hurt lies in moving forward. Jupiter is about expanding and exploring, so just keep going. Don’t sit in the muck of resentment, hurt feelings or rejection. There’s better things waiting for you, just over the horizon.

Both of these aspects are active from August 6th to August 21st (at 12 degrees). If you have planets from 9-12 degrees Cancer, Aries or Pisces, you’ll feel these influences most strongly.

This entry was posted in Aries, Cancer, Jupiter, Uranus. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Roll The Emotional Dice: Jupiter In Cancer Squares Uranus in Aries

1. Sylvia says:

At the same time Jupiter square Uranus at the same time of my Uranus opposite Uranus transit.My natal Uranus is in Libra,6th house.

2. Eme Kah says:

Whoo. As a matter of fact, yes, I did get a very big rejection that hurt and had me down for the count for several days. I don’t know how much energy I have to give it one last optimistic push, though. I’ll try.

3. brenda says:

my pisces moon is 11 degrees pisces….I really wish I didnt feel stuff so much!..wish I could just be smarter and learn stuff rather than feel it….but bring it on…I cry,laugh, think how funny , at least 50 times a day!

4. taoola says:

I like this. I can feel my creativity is spurred. And my happy-go-lucky-sense of trust. Good for the constancy of Saturn-transit in my first house.

I also have a native trine Uranus /ascendant, and a stellium in the eleventh house, and Jupiter in the second, so this could sutie me fine. Plus plus Jupiter transit making all sorts of goodies in aspects. I hope. You see – I hope. Uranus in Aries somwhere between fifth and sixth house – could eventually mean som trouble with coworkers/and or health?

Thanks for very fine psychological astro-analysis, nuances, my dear!

Uranus in the 6th can impact co-workers/health, but it could just mean a shake up with your routine.

• toola says:

I had a real shakeup with a long lost lover. Quite deep emotional impact. More than I bargained for.
        I think – maybe – it had something to do with Pluto/transit opposing my natal Mars, and Neptune/transit opposing my natal sun/venus?
        This man is very plutonic, made me feel very neptunian (as my moon also is in pisces conjunt transit Neptune).
        I´m out!
        Or could you lend me some more knowledge?

5. gene gregorio says:

Jupiter in my 1st House while Uranus in my 10th. What could be the effect of this? Thanks!

6. marion says:

Hi,

Like Sylvia, my new date is facing exact uranus opposition when the Uranus- Jupiter square becomes exact on 21st. The preceding Leo-Aqua full moon will be exactly on his natal nodal axis (Leo sun on South Node) as well.

He sure is going through a tough midlife crisis, fueled by saturn applying to conjunct natal ASC and Venus. Saturn is also applying to oppose 7th house natal saturn.

Incidentally this transiting Uranus is exactly opposite my natal Vertex. So the square hits my vertex as well.

What could happen to him/me/us?