“Woman Holding A Balance” by Vermeer
On April 14th, Mercury (communication and information) in Aries conjuncts Uranus, igniting abrupt words and/or revelations. Uranus shines the light of clarity, even if it’s unsettling. Pluto (transformation) in Capricorn goes retrograde on this day as well, shifting and intensifying the breakdown of old structures. April 15th brings Mercury up against a square from Pluto Rx, adding the energy of deep compulsion to words/information. Definitely not the moment for light-hearted discussions. But if you need to find out the truth, or want to make a statement, now’s the time. All of this acts as the final, few inches of the fuse that leads to the Full Moon eclipse (also on April 15th) in Libra. A culmination, ending or turning point will involve Libra themes: objective relationships, projections, surface appearance, polarities, social persona. Note that Libra’s harmonious balance will swing between extremes (of behaviour or decisions); choices will have to made, with no delays or indecision allowed.
Mercury conjuncts Uranus in your sign, and squares Pluto Rx in your career sector. Attention-grabbing announcements or discoveries will let everyone know where you stand. However, watch for kickback from those in authority as they dig in. Alternatively, what you say/discover may be the result of an intensified power struggle with officials or management. All this is part of a necessary transformation (or release) in your current job or status. Either way, you won’t be prepared to accept any compromises. But the eclipse in your partnership sector suggests that you’ll need to be aware of the impact on others. As a relationship (business or romantic) is driven to a turning point, know that you can’t avoid the steps of this dance. It takes two, whether you’re loving, leaving or competing.
- Sudden announcements or information will involve: your public image, identity, ambitions
- A culmination or turning point will involve: a partnership (business or romantic), your approach to competition
Mercury conjuncts Uranus in your hidden sector, and squares Pluto Rx in your opportunities sector. Watch for a private illumination or public revelation of what’s been hidden/unacknowledged. Whether it’s ambitions/desires that you didn’t know you had, or potentials that were tucked away, intensified opportunities (involving long distance travel, education, legal matters or publishing) will play a role in bringing things to light. You may decide that it’s time to answer, or an answer may be demanded. The eclipse in your sector of routine suggests that a work task, or development with a co-worker, may turn an expected corner and present you with the answer, or push you to open up when you’re not quite prepared. Know that the time is ripe, whether you feel ready or not. Unexpected health diagnoses or changes in your exercise/personal routine are also possibilities.
- Sudden announcements or information will involve: secrets, hidden potentials, issues you’ve been ignoring
- A culmination or turning point will involve:co-worker relationships, duties, obligations, tasks, health, diet, exercise
Mercury (your ruler) conjuncts Uranus in your social sector and squares Pluto Rx in your sector of shared resources. A public announcement or discovery can push some buttons involving control, boundaries and personal power. Issues around debts, taxes, loans, your partner’s finances, intimacy or psychological issues will urge you to look deeper, which could stir up feelings of resentment, obsession or surprising ambition. Before you react publicly, consider what’s going on privately. The eclipse in your sector of self-expression can signal a chance to create, celebrate or push for what you want (more attention, appreciation, romance). These energies can bring success, and a new opportunity is definitely something you should run with. Just be aware of your deeper motivations.
- Sudden announcements or information will involve: friends, groups, public activities, public image
- A culmination or turning point will involve: new romance, creative projects, performance, children, personal expression
Mercury conjuncts Uranus in your career sector, and squares Pluto Rx in your partnership sector. Ambitions, discussions with higher ups and public announcements are hi-lighted as you lay it on the line. However, know that there will be repercussions with a romantic or business partner. Whether you’re reacting to a power imbalance, or they push back against your new idea, these energies will pinpoint a deeper issue between you and another. Consider how external ambitions stir up internal power dynamics. The eclipse in your domestic sector can bring it all to tipping point with a new job, job loss, relocation, home purchase or major shift in domestic roles.
- Sudden announcements or information will involve: your career path, meetings with those in authority, public status, your ideas of success
- A culmination or turning point will involve: home, family, career, home business, relocation, rental agreements, mortgages, power balances at home
Mercury conjuncts Uranus in your opportunities sector and squares Pluto Rx in your sector of routine. A sudden message from afar, or a surprising discovery can propel you forward, even as the square from Pluto indicates struggles with work, obligations or health. Then again, those struggles can indicate an “enough’s enough” attitude as you decide to deal with work/health issues on your own terms. It’s becoming clear that issues in your immediate environment will need a different approach; something outside the box. A fresh perspective can illuminate a solution that was there all along. The eclipse in your communication sector can bring it all together with a final answer or definitive conversation.
- Sudden announcements or information will involve: long distance travel, education, legal matters, publishing, ideals
- A culmination or turning point will involve: an answer, official document, final discussion, email, phone call, pivotal piece of information
Mercury joins Uranus in your sector of shared resources, and squares Pluto Rx in your sector of self-expression. Discoveries will come from research, pointed questions and digging for information. You’ll be propelled (perhaps obsessively) by a deepening sense of urgency around a specific personal desire or goal. You can certainly blast through the shadows and illuminate something with this energy, but use some sensitivity if you’re dealing with another person. Most people don’t enjoy having their secrets wrenched from them. If you’re the one who is feeling the pressure to reveal, know that it will be difficult to keep things hidden. The eclipse in your security sector can feature a culmination around emotional security or the state of your finances. You could hit the jackpot with something you’ve been wanting/needing, or realize that a current situation (work/romance) is not delivering the goods.
- Sudden announcements or information will involve: taxes, debts, loans, your partner’s finances, physical/emotional intimacy, secrets, psychological issues, research
- A culmination or turning point will involve: earned money, sources of income, emotional satisfaction, self-esteem, personal values
Mercury conjuncts Uranus in your partnership (business or romantic) sector, and squares Pluto Rx in your domestic sector. Relationship discussions, discoveries or introductions can be jarring but illuminating. You may decide to reveal your feelings, or someone else may tell you exactly what they’re thinking. It won’t be subtle, and you’ll know exactly where you stand. What you hear/say will have a deeper impact, based on your past experiences, and may even illuminate a family/childhood issue that needs to come out. The eclipse in your sign can signal a major new chapter (a new relationship, job opportunity or a time to make your exit). Whatever comes your way, know that forward is the only option.
- Sudden announcements or information will involve: partnerships (business or romantic)
- A culmination or turning point will involve: an exit or entrance in your personal or professional life
Mercury unites with Uranus in your sector of routine, and squares Pluto Rx (your ruler) in your communication sector. A health or work issue can be clarified as you push for answers, or someone demands answers from you. If you’re caught off guard by someone’s demands, deliver what you’ve got; your first response is probably correct and thinking on your feet is the way to go. If you’re the one pushing for answers, know that the response you get may be unexpected, angry or unnerving. The eclipse in your hidden sector can reveal what’s been held back. Depending on who’s been keeping the secrets, you can feel justified, rewarded or exposed.
- Sudden announcements or information will involve: work duties, obligations, co-worker relationships, health, diet, exercise, medical diagnoses
- A culmination or turning point will involve: what’s been hidden, suspected, hinted at, overlooked or ignored
Mercury conjuncts Uranus in your sector of self-express and squares Pluto Rx in your security sector. This energy can push you to say or announce something risky, creative or flirtatious. The deeper, driving issue will involve your shifting financial or emotional perspective, so stay aware of what you’re really after when you express yourself. An excellent influence to grab people’s attention, but some reactions may be more than you expected. The eclipse in your social sector can open a door to a new group or friendship. An old association can abruptly conclude, but they weren’t on board with your new lifestyle/agenda anyway. Overall, this week can be pivotal for new public/social contacts or promoting your work/ideas to an audience.
- Sudden announcements or information will involve: new romance, creativity, children, performance, personal goals
- A culmination or turning point will involve: friends, groups, public image
Mercury joins Uranus in your domestic sector, and squares Pluto Rx in your sign. Issues with family members, a home business or relocations can hit you suddenly. Watch for arguments, unexpected information or abrupt changes in plans. Pluto’s agenda of deep transformation will concentrate on one area, or shift to something you thought was inconsequential/forgotten. The eclipse in your career sector can raise issues with authority, trigger a change in employment (a job ending/beginning) or shift your career path altogether.
- Sudden announcements or information will involve: home, family, mortgages, rental agreements, renovations
- A culmination or turning point will involve: career, issues with management, job search, public status, ambitions
Mercury joins Uranus (your ruler) in your communication sector, and squares Pluto Rx in your hidden sector. Arguments, unexpected discussions and odd statements will be rooted in deeper issues. Whatever you hear/discover (that seems to come from nowhere) has been building for awhile. What comes out will be the truth, although you may not enjoy hearing it. However, if a response is expected from you, don’t hesitate; it’s time to act. If you’re the one making a statement/announcement, know that your words will have a significant impact, perhaps bigger than anticipated. The eclipse in your opportunities sector can propel you into the unknown or trigger a brand-new opportunity. What opens up now can lengthen your reach. Alternatively, you may discover that something you’ve been hoping for is no longer viable.
- Sudden announcements or information will involve: emails, phone calls, discussions, documents, new meetings, information gathering
- A culmination or turning point will involve: long distance travel, education, legal matters, publishing
Mercury meets Uranus in your security sector, and squares Pluto Rx in your social sector. Watch for news/discoveries involving money or emotional security. What you learn/discuss could be unsettling or liberating. If you want more, this is the time to demand it, but be aware that you may receive push back from others who feel challenged or threatened. Creativity and resourcefulness can be at an all time high; you probably have more options than you think. The eclipse in your sector of shared resources can feel overwhelming as events conclude or progress without your input. Whether it’s money or relationships, the tide is turning and the best you can do is stay open to what’s inevitable. There may be a push to let go, drop your boundaries or pay attention to what you owe/spend.
- Sudden announcements or information will involve: earned money, new sources of income, emotional security, self-esteem
- A culmination or turning point will involve: debts, taxes, loans, your partner’s finances, physical/emotional intimacy