How do you handle restriction? I started thinking about this because the Moon is in freedom-loving Saggitarius right now but will be heading into buttoned down Capricorn later today. That's a shift from taking in everything you can (Sagittarius) to having your perspective forcefully narrowed (Capricorn). Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, the boundary maker.
This is part of life. If you continually gather stuff but never refine it, all you'll have is a big pile of stuff. You need boundaries to get the most out of abundance. And people handle boundaries in different ways.
When you find that your options are restricted, do you:
- Get depressed and give up?
- Get angry and push harder?
- Get (oddly) satisfied and dig into the work because this is the way it's supposed to be?
Very generally, if you picked 1, 2 or 3 this is probably what's going on with your natal Saturn:
- Saturn in hard aspect (conjunction, square or opposition) to natal Neptune. Neptune dissolves Saturn's focus and Saturn stomps all over Neptune's dreams. Solution: find the balance between creativity and reality. When handled properly this aspect can manifest your dreams.
- Saturn in hard aspect to natal Mars. Mars is probably emphasized in some way. Picture a ram (Mars) charging at a brick wall (Saturn). Solution: use Saturn's energy to moderate the fire of Mars so you don't crash and burn. This can be the aspect of the endurance athlete.
- Saturn in any aspect (conjunction, opposition, square, sextile, inconjunct) to natal Pluto. This is the grim perseverance aspect as focus (Saturn) meets power (Pluto). Planets in Capricorn or Virgo will enhance this because these two signs feel that nothing worthwhile comes without a struggle. Solution: you probably don't think anything needs to change here but there is a caution against becoming obsessed with work. Remember to look up occasionally.
This post discusses more tips on dealing with natal Saturn.