Most of you know that the North Node represents the path to reach your greatest potential. And the South Node represents comfortable (but limiting) habits/situations. If you're into past lives, the SN can also represent past life situations that influence your behavior in this life.
But even if you know where your Nodes are located, what do they mean? How do you apply the mix of signs, house positions and planets?
Here's your step by step guide on interpreting the North and South Nodes.
- Start with the SN. What house is it in? That's the area of your life where your habits will manifest.
- Look at the sign the SN is in. That will give you some information on how the habits will manifest.
- What house and sign is the SN's ruling planet in? For example, if your SN is in Aries, the ruling planet will be Mars. This will give you more information on how the habits will manifest.
- Check to see if there are any planets aspecting the SN and/or the SN's ruling planet. They will act as facilitators to your SN habits.
Got that? Now you have an idea how your SN works. It's not "bad" behavior (at least, not always). For many people, the SN represents talents and natural abilities. But it is limiting if you don't move beyond it. You can do more. And that's where the North Node comes in. It will always be in the opposite sign and house of your SN. And you follow the exact same steps (that I outlined for the SN) to figure out how to manifest the potential of your NN.
- What house is your NN in? That's the area of your life you should be developing.
- What sign is your NN in? What house and sign is the NN ruling planet in? That's the type of energy you should be manifesting in the NN area of your life.
- Are there any planets aspecting your NN and/or the NN ruling planets? These are the facilitators.
Of course, things can get complicated when your NN ruling planet conjuncts your SN. Or vice versa. That's why this post is entitled "Part 1". Stay tuned...