Yet another post about Scorpio. Lately, it's been "Dark Scorpio this" and "Scary Scorpio that" and "Saturn in Scorpio freaks me out". But it is Scorpio season, folks. The Sun transits this sign from October 22nd to November 21st, hi-lighting all the heavy stuff. And there's more, after the Sun leaves Scorpio. Why not dive in?
There's so much action coming up that this post will be an introduction. I'll write more detailed posts on each event before it happens. Briefly, here's what you have to look forward to:
- October 25th: Sun in Scorpio conjuncts Saturn, Mercury in Scorpio conjuncts the North Node
- November 13th: New Moon eclipse at 21 degrees Scorpio
- November 17th: Mercury retrograde (which starts on November 6th in Sagittarius), the North Node and the Sun align in Scorpio
- November 21st to December 15th: Venus transits Scorpio
- November 26th: Mercury goes direct and Venus conjuncts Saturn in Scorpio
- December 7th: Mercury passes over the North Node in Scorpio for a third time
To avoid getting overwhelmed, it helps to remind yourself that Scorpio is about authenticity. That's all there is to it. Yes, the stuff that gets stirred up can be disconcerting (the power plays and manipulations). People get tangled and distracted by the baroque Shadow Play. But the root of all this goes back to honesty. Scorpio wants you to confront your true motivations, fears, instincts and compulsions. Cut through the garbage and pinpoint where it comes from. The more honest you are, the better it will be for you. It won't always be easy, but a guaranteed way to make it harder is with avoidance and artifice.
The house in your chart with Scorpio is the area where you'll have to be brutally honest. And remember; it's not Scorpio who's frightening, it's the stuff he forces you to confront.