Some commenters on this blog asked about Venus retrograde and beauty. Maybe you've heard that during Venus Rx periods, it's not a good idea to make changes to your appearance?
Venus does represent physical appearance. When she's in an earth sign like Capricorn, beauty issues become real. It's not just about how you feel inside (although that's important, obviously). When Venus is Rx, issues around physical appearance are reevaluated. Which means if you get a radical makeover, you may change your mind when she goes direct.
I think minor changes and looking for answers are ok. After all, this is a reevaluation period. Here's a quick guide to what's advisable, and what you might want to hold off on.
- Sleek new haircut, purchase of one or two exceptional pieces of clothing, refining your beauty routine: go for it.
- Rededicating yourself to diet/exercise: go for it.
- Diagnosis of an issue that's impacting your appearance: go for it.
- Cosmetic surgery (even if it's minor): wait.
- Any radical change to your appearance that can't be undone immediately: wait.
Think of it this way: Venus Rx is evaluation time, Venus direct is action time.