Venus enters Libra on September 29th, at full strength in the sign that she rules.
There's already an emphasis on Libra, with the Sun, Mercury and transiting North Node occupying this sign. Venus ups the Libra stakes in romance, partnership and social objectivity. Awareness of what others have/want versus what you have/want will be the issue. You thought I'd be writing about pure romance? Sure, that's a possibility. But that glosses over what Libra is really all about: projection and comparison.
How do you relate to another person? You step back from your needs and consider their needs. Then you step forward, they step forward, and you meet in the middle. That's healthy Venus. Shadow Venus has no concept of her needs. She becomes a reflection, a mask to please others.
Genuine Venus in Libra performs the most complicated of dances by honouring other people while respecting her own values. And she does this all with a smile.
Transiting Venus can attract people/situations, via Libra in your chart. Because of this sign's mirror-like qualities, what you receive will be a reflection of what you give. What you give will be a direct response to what you receive. Others project onto you, you project onto them. Chicken or egg?
This concept is not revolutionary, but it originated with Libra, so it bears repeating now. Venus' transit of Libra is when social awareness is at a peak. While it's not always easy to be positive or polite, this is the season when positive or negative feedback loops from others will be pronounced. Fortunately, it's easy to shift the balance to positive (Libra's not Fixed).
Here are the aspects Venus will be making, which I'll write about closer to the dates:
- October 3rd: inconjunct Neptune Rx at 5 degrees Pisces
- October 8th: square Pluto at 11 degrees Capricorn (along with a Full Moon eclipse at 15 degrees Aries, and an exact trine between Mars at 15 degrees Aries and Jupiter in Leo)
- October 10th: inconjunct Chiron Rx at 13 degrees Pisces
- October 11th: opposite Uranus Rx at 14 degrees Aries
- October 14th: sextile Jupiter at 18 degrees Leo
- October 15th: conjunct North Node at 19 degrees Libra
- October 15th - 23rd: conjuncts Sun from 19 to 29 degrees (just misses an exact conjunction at 29 degrees by a few minutes)
- October 17th: conjunct Mercury Rx at 22 degrees Libra
- October 20th: sextile Mars at 25 degrees Sagittarius
Venus will be in Libra until October 23rd.