Venus (love, money, self-esteem) enters Capricorn on December 10th. This is the sign of strategy, ambition, discipline, authority and respect.
Wonderful attributes to apply to Venus themes, yes?
Venus in Capricorn is about focusing on what you want. Taking responsibility for what you spend, ask for, share. Capricorn in your chart is where transiting Venus can help you attract, but you have to be a grown-up about it. Nothing is handed to you during this transit, although you can certainly earn the respect of others if you maximize your Capricorn energy.
Venus in Capricorn:
- commits to what is desired
- exercises restraint
- goes for quality over quantity
- wants the best and is prepared to work for it
As always, there's potential for some Shadow action, and that would involve Capricorn's rigidity and fear keeping Venus locked in a repressive scenario. Depending on what you've got going on in Capricorn, this transit can remind you of all the reasons why you're miserable and alone. Yes, Capricorn can crack the fear-whip as a means of keeping control. Focus is distorted into repression.
Of course, it doesn't have to be this way; you always have a choice. Capricorn is an Earth sign, so there is a natural sensuality, albeit carefully controlled. If Venus' transit stirs up fears or resentments, consider the fact that your attention is being directed to something essential. What are you afraid of?
Here are the aspects Venus in Capricorn will be making:
- December 14th: sextile Neptune at 4 degrees Pisces
- December 20th: conjunct Pluto and square Uranus Rx at 12 degrees Aries
- December 21st: sextile Chiron at 13 degrees Pisces
- December 23rd: square the North Node in Libra/South Node in Aries at 16 degrees
- December 28th: inconjunct Jupiter Rx at 22 degrees Leo
Venus will exit Capricorn on January 3rd, 2015.