Mercury enters Aquarius today (January 4th). The planet of information and communication is revitalized in this sign, asking "What if?"
I've already discussed Mercury's role in the current emotional climate of this Full Moon; increased detachment and clarity are the energies to tap into. But Mercury in Aquarius also focuses our sights on what everyone else is up to. Not so we can go with the crowd, but so we can consider what the crowd hasn't thought of (yet). This is the generator of cutting-edge ideas and radical insights. Or, fresh ways of approaching stale and frustrating situations in your life.
Mercury will station Rx (at 17 degrees Aquarius) on January 21st. I'll write about this closer to the date, but for now, know that this will intensify new or rebellious ideas. Rx motion is a time to review, but it is the process of going back over something that makes its energy stronger. People could end up doing/saying exactly the opposite of what they "should" do, just because. This will also be notable because the Sun will ingress Aquarius, and Uranus (ruler of Aquarius) will cross over the South Node in Aries, both on January 20th. There will be a significant shift on these two days, as the energy of freedom (Aquarius) intensifies in order to facilitate a release from the past (South Node).
Mercury will station direct at 1 degree Aquarius on February 11th, and will exit Aquarius on March 12th. This extended occupation hi-lights the importance of information that frees you from restrictions.
It's time to get creative and come up with your own rules.
Here are the aspects Mercury in Aquarius will be making:
- Jan 5th: sextile Saturn at 1 deg Sagittarius
- Jan 14th: sextile Uranus at 12 degrees Aries
- Jan 15th: trine the North Node at 13 degrees Libra (and sextile the South Node)
- Jan 21st: stations Rx
- Jan 28th: sextile Uranus at 12 degrees Aries and trine the North Node at 12 degrees Libra (and sextile the South Node)
- Jan 30th: conjunct the Sun at 10 degrees
- Feb 5th: sextile Saturn at 3 degrees Sagittarius
- Feb 11th: stations direct
- Feb 19th: sextile Saturn at 4 degrees Sagittarius
- Feb 25th: trine the North Node at 10 degrees Libra (and sextile the South Node)
- Mar 1st: sextile Uranus at 14 degrees Aries and opposes Jupiter Rx at 14 degrees Leo
Note that Saturn, Uranus and the Nodes will be aspected three times during this transit. I'll write a separate post about this, but if you have anything close to these degrees (in Aquarius, Sag, Libra or Aries) pay attention: you'll likely receive some illuminating and/or unexpected messages.