Taurus season begins today, as the Sun enters the sign of survival, acquisition and preservation.
Taurus is the stock-up-and-get-comfy sign. Amass what you need to survive and thrive (Taurus knows how to enjoy the good stuff). Taurus is about making the most of what you have, and if you're missing something, figuring out how to get it. This is the sign of personal values and self-esteem. Inner and outer resources. Personal luxury.
Of all the signs, Taurus is the one who is most grounded in him/herself. Think about that...what does it mean to be grounded in yourself? Knowing what you want and need and living according to those rules. Insisting on what and who is best for you.
Taurus in your chart is where you maintain your values and acquire what you want. If that area of your chart is afflicted (for example, natal Saturn squares a planet in Taurus) it can be where you're afraid to claim what's yours. The Sun's transit reminds us to take stock of what we have, and notice if we're honouring our values (or allowing others to compromise what's valuable to us).
As always, there's a Shadow side. In Taurus, the Shadow consists of stubborn denial of anything new (it's worked for me so far ...why should I change it) or extreme possessiveness (you're mine/that's mine, and if I share I die).
April 20th to 30th will be peak Taurus time as the Sun, Mars and Mercury occupy this sign. Three planets in one sign is not a huge concentration, but it will be enough to emphasize a specific area of your chart.
Here are the aspects the Sun in Taurus will be making:
- April 23rd: inconjunct Saturn Rx at 3 degrees Sagittarius
- April 29th: sextile Neptune at 9 degrees Pisces
- April 30th: inconjunct the North Node at 9 degrees Libra
- May 3rd: Full Moon at 13 degrees Scorpio (Moon in Scorpio opposes Sun in Taurus)
- May 4th: square Jupiter at 13 degrees Leo
- May 6th: trine Pluto Rx at 15 degrees Capricorn
- May 11th: sextile Chiron at 20 degrees Pisces
- May 18th: New Moon at 26 degrees Taurus (Moon conjunct Sun)
- May 21st: enters Gemini
Check out this week's horoscopes to see how the Sun's transit of Taurus will impact your sign.