Venus enters Leo on June 5th, kicking off a significant few months of relationship, self-esteem, financial and appearance issues.
Venus in Leo is dramatic and entitled. She demands love. Leo is about feeling special, and joyful, and proud. Venus shines brightly here, and when her light is this bright, it will reveal the contrast between what feels beautiful, and what feels ugly.
This is a transit of pride. Does your partner make you proud? Are you proud of what you project and attract, in relationships? Are you proud of how you treat yourself and others? We can't avoid the appearance issue, because Venus is about what's inside and outside. This has nothing to do with the way you look, and everything to do with how you feel about the way you look. The person who's groomed to within an inch of their life can have the same amount of pride/lack of pride as the person who steps out the door with unwashed hair.
How do you feel when you step out the door, and the sunlight hits you?
On July 18th, 2015, Venus will enter Virgo. On July 25th, she will station Rx at 0 degrees Virgo, and on July 31st she will back into Leo again, remaining there until October 8th. Venus' Rx transit of Leo will cover 29 to 14 degrees, so if you have anything in this range, in the Fixed signs, pay attention: Venus Rx will be urging you to look underneath the shine for substance. Leo can be wonderful at putting on a show, but there comes a time when the spotlight is turned off. What happens then?
Venus and Regulus
Venus' initial, direct transit of Leo will be the intro. You can use this energy to attract romantic (and creative...Leo is the sign of the artist) opportunities. Strut your stuff. If you don't feel like strutting (or at least taking pride in yourself) you'd better address that issue, because this is a looong transit that will continually confront you with the whole pride thing.
Venus will enter Virgo, the sign of humbleness and service, on July 18th. She will conjunct Regulus, a fixed star that moved from Leo to Virgo on November 28th, 2011. Regulus is one of the four Royal Stars of Persia, originally located in the heart of the constellation Leo. It's associated with glory and honour, but can easily lead to downfall if revenge is taken. Once Regulus moved into Virgo, astrologers speculated how this star's energy might shift. I wrote about it here.
Any degree that a planet stations on is emphasized, because that planet's energy is focused and intensified. Venus will conjunct Regulus from July 18th to July 31st (I'm including her direct motion in this date range) which is a long time for Venus to sit anywhere. Venus Rx plus Regulus suggests a major shift in perspective, after Venus' Leo transit. Venus' initial contact with Regulus (from July 18th to 25th) may confront people with a fall from grace, if they allowed Venus in Leo's shine to fool them into thinking they could get away with anything. Or, it may offer encouragement to those attempting to regain their pride/power, from the inside out. Venus/Regulus in Virgo can offer quiet strength to those with patience and compassion. That's patience/compassion directed at others and self. Regulus in Virgo is about fighting the background battle, and fighting it cleanly.
When Venus stations Rx on Regulus (from July 25th to July 31st) people will be looking more closely at flaws. Flaws are a Virgo speciality, and mixed with Regulus, you get strategic weaknesses. Regulus was originally a military star, and still gives off that "we're going into battle" energy. These may be weaknesses in yourself, in your relationship, in your approach to resources. Are people exploiting you? Have you been exploiting others? There are a hundred different ways to spin this theme, but remember that Regulus is about nobility. Comporting yourself in a truly noble manner, no matter what the situation. You're not sacrificing yourself, but you're taking the high road, in all Venus issues.
Venus in Leo, Part Two
Venus' remaining transit of Leo will be about going back over what or who shines most brightly in your life. As I wrote earlier, the substance beneath the shine. If you're sitting in darkness, Venus in Leo will illuminate that as well. You may not like what you see, but you'll also discover a window that offers a way out. Leo in your chart is where you can actualize your true purpose, whatever that may be.
A commenter asked me about Venus conjuncting the Sun in Leo, which will happen on August 15th, at 22 degrees (when Venus is Rx). They were wondering about "profound life changes" if it fell on a natal planet. My answer is...it will illuminate something. Venus Rx in Leo will demand a closer look at love/money/values, and the Sun will spotlight what's being looked at. Profound life changes? It depends on how the person reacts to what's being illuminated. The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.
Rules for this Rx transit?
- there's a high probability of reconnecting with someone from your past
- it's not advisable to schedule major, irreversible beauty procedures until Venus goes direct
- relationships that start under Venus Rx won't necessarily fizzle, but there may be a shift in feelings (in one or both partners) once Venus goes direct
- it's not advisable to start a brand new project/business that involves Venus themes, while Venus is Rx
Having said all this, don't put your life on hold. If you must get cosmetic surgery during Venus Rx, or you can't launch your project at any other time, just do it. Listen to your doctor/business advisor, because I'm not a doctor or business advisor.
I'll write more about this transit as it progresses. For now, here are the aspects Venus in Leo/Virgo will be making. I've bolded the repeat aspects to certain planets, as there are important themes being emphasized (especially if you have anything natal/progressed within 1 or 2 degrees of the degrees listed).
- June 6th: trine Saturn Rx at o deg Sag
- June 10th: sextile Mercury Rx at 4 deg Gemini
- June 13th: sextile the North Node in Libra/trine the South Node in Aries, at 7 deg
- June 16th: inconjunct Neptune Rx at 9 deg Pisces
- June 21st: inconjunct Pluto Rx at 14 deg Capricorn
- June 29th: trine Uranus at 20 deg Aries
- July 1st: conjunct Jupiter in Leo and inconjunct Chiron Rx in Pisces (21 deg)
- July 5th: sextile Mercury at 24 deg Gemini
- July 14th: square Saturn Rx at 28 deg Scorpio
- July 18th: enters Virgo and conjuncts Regulus
- July 25th: stations Rx at 0 deg Virgo
- July 31st: Venus Rx enters Leo
- August 4th: Venus Rx conjuncts Jupiter at 28 deg
- August 5th: Venus Rx squares Saturn direct at 28 deg Scorpio
- August 6th: Venus Rx conjuncts Mercury at 27 deg Leo
- August 15th: Venus Rx conjuncts the Sun at 22 deg Leo (New Moon at 21 deg Leo on Aug 14th)
- August 19th: Venus Rx Trines Uranus Rx (in Aries) and inconjuncts Chiron Rx (in Pisces) at 20 deg
- September 1st: Venus Rx conjuncts Mars at 14 deg
- September 6th: Venus stations direct at 14 deg
- September 22nd: Venus trines Uranus Rx at 19 deg Aries and inconjuncts Chiron Rx at 18 deg Pisces
- October 8th: Venus enters Virgo