Mercury enters Capricorn today (December 9th). Information, ideas and communication become focused. Not only is it time to ground your thoughts, it's time to be disciplined about what you say.
The theme with this transit is taking responsibility for your words/ideas. When you communicate, consider the impact your words will have. Capricorn has a goal, and everything serves that goal. This means being prepared. If you're going to deliver a hard message, phrase your words carefully, then take responsibility for the reaction. If you want to be respected, talk like someone who has self-respect. There's no boasting, no frills, no amazing stories. Just the facts, with your full responsibility and awareness behind them.
Talk like an adult.
This is also a "walk the talk" transit. Organize your thoughts, make a plan, then just do it. If you say you're going to eat better/start exercising/save money/stop calling Mr. X just do it already. What are you waiting for? Capricorn is about concrete manifestation, so this is an excellent transit to set intentions. As long as you translate those intentions into reality.
After Mercury's romp through Sagittarius, this transit may feel a bit dry. But this is the transit of experience. Sagittarius' bold wisdom is focused and refined through the process of maturity. Mercury in Capricorn asks you to consider what will stand the test of time. What has been proven, and what's actually going to work?
Finally, this is the transit to vocalize your boundaries. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, and there's no better position for Mercury to set limits:
- I don't have time right now
- I won't do this for free
- I won't put myself second
- I won't settle
- I won't get sucked into this repetitive discussion
- I won't apologize for saying "no"
On January 5th, 2016, Mercury stations Rx at 1 degree Aquarius and reenters Capricorn on January 8th. I'll write a separate post on the Rx portion of this transit.
Here are the aspects Mercury in Capricorn will make:
- December 10th, 2015: square Vesta in Aries at 1 deg
- December 14th, 2015: sextile Neptune at 7 deg Pisces
- December 18th, 2015: square Black Moon Lilith in Libra at 12 deg
- December 19th, 2015: conjunct Pluto at 14 deg
- December 20th, 2015: square Uranus Rx at 16 deg Aries
- December 21st, 2015: sextile Chiron at 17 deg Pisces
- December 22nd, 2015: conjunct Pallas at 18 deg
- December 25th, 2015: trine Jupiter at 22 deg Virgo
- December 27th, trine the North Node in Virgo/sextile the South Node in Pisces at 25 deg
- December 29th, 2015: square Mars in Libra at 27 deg
- January 1st, 2016: Aquarius ingress
- January 5th, 2016: stations Rx at 1 deg Aquarius
- January 8th, 2016: reenters Capricorn
- January 12th, 2016: conjunct Pallas at 26 deg
- January 14th, 2016: conjunct the Sun (in Capricorn) and trine the North Node/Jupiter Rx in Virgo, at 23 deg
- January 19th, 2016: sextile Chiron at 18 deg Pisces
- January 20th, 2016: square Uranus at 16 deg Aries
- January 21st, 2016: square Black Moon Lilith in Libra at 16 deg
- January 22nd: conjunct Pluto at 15 deg
- January 25th, 2016: stations direct at 14 deg Capricorn
- January 30th, 2016: conjunct Pluto at 16 deg
- January 31st, 2016: square Uranus in Aries at 17 deg
- February 1st, 2016: square Black Moon Lilith in Libra at 17 deg
- February 3rd, 2016: sextile Chiron at 18 deg Pisces
- February 6th, 2016: trine Jupiter Rx at 21 deg Virgo and the North Node at 22 deg Virgo
- February 13th, 2016: Aquarius ingress