- July 6th: the Sun in Cancer opposes Pluto Rx in Capricorn (14 deg)
- July 12th: the Sun in Cancer squares Uranus in Aries (20 deg)
- July 15th: Mercury/Mars in Cancer oppose Pluto Rx in Capricorn (14 deg) AND there's a New Moon in Cancer (23 deg)
- July 18th: Mercury in Cancer squares Uranus in Aries (20 deg)
- July 25th: Mars in Cancer squares Uranus in Aries (20 deg)
14 to 20 degrees Cancer will be the hot zone for Uranus/Pluto action. Cancer loves to feel safe, secure and snuggled, but that won't be happening under these influences. Pluto Rx will stir up intensified needs (and some interesting parent/child dynamics) while Uranus will offer unexpected triggers that make new reactions a must. The same old scripted responses won't cut it. It will be time for Cancer to shed the old shell, and find a new one.
Note that the opposition to Pluto can create Shadow projection. Whether you're the recipient or projector, there's a risk of unmet needs or hurt feelings being blamed on someone else. It will be helpful to remind yourself that no one is responsible for how you feel, and you're not responsible for their feelings. Obviously, people must remain accountable for their treatment of others. But be wary of statements like "You made me depressed/angry/hungry..." No one makes anyone feel anything; we're all responsible for our emotions.
Yes, the Cancer area of your chart is where you'll be feeling exposed, but also revitalized (in some cases). Cancer is a Cardinal sign, and can come out swinging when the pressure's on. Cancer is also the sign of raw instincts, and these will be amplified for everyone. When in doubt, go with your gut. If it feels wrong, avoid it, and don't worry about explaining yourself (although with Mercury in Cancer, you'll be able to).
There will be helpful aspects along the way:
- July 8th: Mars in Cancer will trine Neptune Rx in Pisces (at 9 deg), which can help you transcend hurt feelings/neediness, or pour your emotions into something creative/romantic. This aspect will coincide with Mercury's Cancer ingress, adding positive fuel to emotional conversations. Very nice for having an intimate discussion.
- July 13th: the Sun will trine Chiron Rx in Pisces (at 21 deg) and Mercury will trine Neptune Rx in Pisces (9 deg), creating a healing, empathetic vibe. Sensitive words (Mercury/Neptune) combined with the gentle exposure of wounds (Sun/Chiron).
- July 19th/21st/22nd: Mercury will trine Chiron Rx (21 deg)/the Sun will trine Saturn Rx in Scorpio (28 deg)/Mercury will trine Saturn Rx in Scorpio. It will be safe to discuss those sensitive topics, because the anchoring trines from Saturn will keep responses controlled, realistic and focused on solutions.
- July 26th: Mars will trine Chiron Rx (21 deg), soaking up the shock from the Mars/Uranus square on July 25th. If the bandage is ripped off, or there's an accident (Mars/Uranus can be accident prone) Mars/Chiron will ensure appropriate triage. You may not be able to fix what's broken, but there will be effective actions to ease the pain.
- August 6th: Mars will trine Saturn in Scorpio (28 deg), creating a nice finish as the last aspect in this sign. By this point, you should have a grip on your reactions, and Saturn will ensure that instinctive actions harmonize with goals, rules and commitments. In other words, you'll know what to do, and you'll be able to do it effectively.
Mercury's tour of Cancer will be brief (until July 23rd) but it won't go unnoticed. With all the other action hitting this sign, Mercury will get the necessary conversations flowing. They may not be light, and they'll definitely get emotional. There may be tears of anger/happiness/grief. This happens when primal needs are given a voice.