One day after the Autumnal Equinox, Mars enters Virgo (on September 24th). The harvest theme from the equinox is accentuated, as Virgo is concerned with selecting only the best of the crops. She acts like a scythe, cutting through everything in order to bring a situation down to size. Then, the facts are sifted through and analyzed (like bits of grain).
The turning point of the equinox is actualized by Mars in Virgo. Virgo's scythe-like abilities are manifested in Mars' discriminating actions. Corrections/improvements are initiated, work is selective, actions are focused and specialized. The term "clear cut" has a double meaning here. Mars in Virgo wants things to be orderly, and to make sense. Actions are not based on fun, or pleasure. The trigger always involves doing what's necessary, and doing it right. But Mars can get carried away, slicing down to the bone until there's nothing left alive.
You can use Mars (in the Virgo area of your chart) to organize, crack the whip, get yourself in shape, or decimate a situation (if you're not careful). A line needs to be drawn between "refined" and "cut down to the bleeding nub."
As mentioned in this post, Mars in Virgo will be part of the potent, Jupiter/Pluto trine. And, Pluto will station direct, one day after Mars enters Virgo. I'll write about that connection in a couple of days.
Here are the aspects Mars will make:
- September 25th: squares Saturn in Sag (0 deg)
- October 6th: opposes Neptune Rx in Pisces (7 deg)
- October 15th: trines Pluto in Capricorn (13 deg)
- October 17th: conjunct Jupiter (14 deg)
- October 23rd: opposes Chiron Rx in Pisces (17 deg)
- October 24th: inconjunct Uranus Rx in Aries (18 deg)
- November 2nd: conjunct Venus (24 deg)
- November 12th: conjunct the North Node (29 deg)
- November 12th: Libra ingress