Mars (action, anger, sexual energy) enters Scorpio today, intensifying urges and making them deliberate. Mars in Scorpio is the ultimate survivor; every action is designed to ferret out the absolute truth, while confronting the absolute limit. Once you know how far you can go, and exactly where you stand, you've got ultimate control.
Or do you?
Most people aren't prepared for the extreme behaviour that Mars in Scorpio triggers. Scorpio is the place in your chart where the bottom drops out. Your secrets, taboos, fears and compulsions are there. This transit of Mars will activate them, and it may be via a challenge that triggers uncomfortable anger/initiative/desire. "Uncomfortable" is Scorpio's motto, because that's where the truth lies. If it makes you squirm, sweat or turn away, you're getting close to the Scorpio heart. If it takes you to a place where you hit rock bottom and then rise up, you've successfully completed your Scorpio journey.
Mars is aggressive, and when combined with the Scorpio agenda, things can get very, very uncomfortable. And ugly. But you can also achieve a level of honesty and strength that is truly empowering. Once you wrestle with your Shadow, there's not much anyone can do to hurt you. This transit can also create intense magnetism, depending on how Mars is handled. Actions can be manifested in such a way that the target will be drawn forward, irresistibly. You may be the target, or the pursuer. But pushing too far can flip the current from magnetism to repulsion. Watch for seducer/stalker scenarios.
This transit starts off with a square to Mercury in Aquarius, as intellect struggles to detach itself from the sucking pull of obsessive action. This will be a showdown between freedom and control. Mercury will shine a clear light on a specific thing that pushes your buttons. What are you willing to do to get what you want? What's the difference between compulsive action versus deeper awareness? Mars in Scorpio can blindly follow urges without awareness of why an objective is compelling. This is never accidental...Scorpio is always deliberate, even when you're not fully conscious of why you're doing X. But Scorpio's ultimate goal is full awareness. The "why" is crucial.
This particular Mars in Scorpio transit will be more intense than usual (is that even possible?) On April 17th, Mars will station Rx in Sagittarius. He will reenter Scorpio on May 27th, and will exit Scorpio again on August 2nd. So this transit has two, distinct parts:
- January 3rd to Mar 5th (Mars direct)
- May 27th to August 2nd (Mars Rx and direct)
I'll write about the Rx transit as we get closer to the date. But for now, the overall theme will be hitting what you think is your limit, and then discovering a whole new level below that. Mars Rx will intensify and focus actions/compulsions, to the point where you are forced to confront what's been hiding. Mars Rx can also help you overcome seemingly impossible challenges through the discovery of potent inner resources. Ultimately, this should be a strengthening transit.
Here are the aspects Mars in Scorpio will make:
- January 5th: squares Mercury Rx in Aquarius at 1 deg
- January 18th: trines Neptune in Pisces at 8 deg
- February 3rd: sextiles Pluto in Capricorn at 16 deg
- February 5th: inconjuncts Uranus in Aries at 17 deg
- February 7th: squares the Sun in Aquarius and sextiles Venus in Capricorn at 18 deg
- February 9th: trines Chiron in Pisces at 19 deg
- February 13th: sextiles Jupiter Rx in Virgo at 21 deg
- February 15th: sextiles the North Node in Virgo/trines South Node in Pisces at 22 deg
- March 5th: squares Mercury in Aquarius at 29 deg, then enters Sagittarius
- May 27th: Mars Rx reenters Scorpio
- June 9th: Mars Rx opposes Mercury in Taurus at 25 deg
- June 12th: Mars Rx trines Chiron in Pisces at 25 deg
- June 13th: Mars Rx inconjuncts Venus in Gemini at 24 deg
- June 15th: Mars Rx inconjuncts the Sun in Gemini at 24 deg
- June 19th: Mars Rx inconjuncts Uranus in Aries at 23 deg
- June 26th: Mars Rx inconjuncts Mercury in Gemini at 23 deg
- June 29th: Mars stations direct at 23 deg
- July 6th: trines Venus in Cancer at 23 deg
- July 10th: trines Mercury in Cancer at 23 deg
- July 14th: inconjuncts Uranus in Aries at 24 deg
- July 16th: trines the Sun in Cancer at 25 deg
- July 17th: trines Chiron Rx in Pisces at 25 deg
- July 29th: squares Mercury in Leo at 28 deg
- August 2nd: Sagittarius ingress