Venus enters Capricorn on January 23rd, putting relationships, money, values and self-esteem in the reality zone.
There's no wiggle room with this transit. The time for meandering and indulgence has passed. Capricorn demands focus, accountability, and maturity. Be responsible for Venus issues in your life. Get real about what you have and what you want. Who has authority over your relationships and resources? Who has the final say about what's best for you? Obviously, the preferred answer is "you" but in many cases, you'll discover that someone else is calling the shots. This transit is about facing such realities, and finding a way to get the ball back to your court.
Venus in Capricorn asks how much work you're prepared to do, to get what you want. Having said that, Capricorn is also the sign of endings and limits. Being an adult means knowing when your desires are not realistic.
The Capricorn area of your chart will be busy, as Venus joins Mercury and Pluto. This area is where your rules, traditions, structures and authority (there's that word again) are rooted. It's where you build, or where you repress. The shadow side of Venus in Capricorn can manifest as denial of what you want, although Pluto's ongoing excavation (and Mercury Rx's pointed questions) are decimating rigid limits.
Used properly, Venus' transit of Capricorn can attract what you want in the context of appropriate goals and achievements. There's increased caution, but when used with correct focus, there can be increased achievement. Capricorn is quietly ambitious, continuing to climb (without fanfare) long after others have given up.
Venus in Capricorn is about loving the limits. When things don't come easily, when you must use supreme focus and work within your existing reality, a fine-edged beauty emerges. All the nonessentials are cut out, and what's left becomes precious.
Venus will play a role in the January 23rd Leo Full Moon.
Here are the aspects Venus in Capricorn will make:
- January 30th: sextile Neptune in Pisces at 8 degrees
- February 3rd: sextile Juno in Scorpio at 13 degrees
- February 5th: conjunct Pluto at 15 degrees
- February 6th: square Uranus in Aries at 17 degrees
- February 7th: sextile Mars in Scorpio at 18 degrees
- February 7th: square Vesta in Aries and Black Moon Lilith in Libra at 18 degrees
- February 8th: sextile Chiron in Pisces at 19 degrees
- February 10th: trine Jupiter Rx in Virgo at 21 degrees and the North Node in Virgo at 22 degrees
- February 16th: Aquarius ingress