The Sun enters Sagittarius on November 21st, launching the season of exploration, opportunity and faith.
This sign is about onwards and upwards - perpetually. Sag is concerned with the bigger picture and intuition, rather than details and facts. This enhances the creation of opportunity and the embrace of all that's new. But it can also result in the creation of "truths" that conveniently fit a certain worldview. This is the sign of the salesperson and preacher - Sag charges forward and converts people in a passionate rush of conviction.
Mercury is already in Sagittarius (although it won't meet up with the Sun). This suggests an enhanced theme of vocalizing truths, or selling truths. The Sun will meet up with Saturn on December 10th, creating a point of unavoidable focus. A reality will be illuminated, and you'll have to look at it. This will be as far as you can take something. It may also be the moment when something is made official. Note that Mercury conjoins Saturn on November 23rd. That's a double hit to Saturn - you won't be able to bypass this limit.
It's possible that Sag's fire may be dimmed, as Saturn's shadow dominates the background. Then again, focus combined with enthusiasm is extremely potent. Saturn makes it real.
If you have a birthday from December 6th to 14th, the Sun/Saturn conjunction will be part of your Solar Return year. Structure will dominate the Solar Return house this conjunction activates. It may be a commitment, project or increase in responsibility and authority. This will be your year to get serious, make it stick, or prove yourself.
Here are the aspects the Sun will make:
- Nov 27th: trine Vesta in Leo (5 deg)
- Nov 29th: square the Nodes in Pisces/Virgo (8 deg)
- Nov 29th: conjunct Juno (8 deg)
- Nov 29th: New Moon (7 deg) square the Nodes (8 deg)
- Nov 30th: square Neptune in Pisces (9 deg)
- Dec 9th: sextile Jupiter in Libra (18 deg)
- Dec 10th: conjunct Saturn (18 deg)
- Dec 12th: trine Uranus Rx in Aries and square Chiron in Pisces (20 deg)
- Dec 12th: trine Ceres in Aries (21 deg)
- Dec 13th: Full Moon in Gemini (22 deg)
- Dec 18th: sextile Pallas in Aquarius (27 deg)
- Dec 21st: Capricorn ingress