Mercury enters Taurus on April 5th. You'll notice communication slowing down and becoming more defined. Taurus' earthy, deliberate energy will make for some stubborn statements and cautious ideas. Proof will be the order of the day. If words don't translate into the real thing, they won't carry any weight.
This will be reassuring if you're looking for a verbal commitment that you can bank on. Mercury in Taurus means promises are absolute. However, commitments will not be handed out easily. This will be frustrating if you enjoy varied discourse, compromise and fresh ideas. Taurus can be quite rigid in its attempts to preserve security, and is not known for innovation. Assurance is based on what's always worked.
As the ruler of the Virgo North Node, Mercury in Taurus will enable the manifestation and confirmation of details, improvements and refinements that guide you along your North Node path. This transit can help you nail it down while increasing your self-sufficiency. If something does not enhance your self-esteem as you move forward, it will be discarded. If an improvement does not contribute directly to your security, it will be discarded.
Taurus is ruled by Venus, and transiting Venus will enter Aries on April 5th. This doubles the emphasis on self-sufficiency and self-esteem. Aries and Taurus both keep a piece of themselves, to themselves. Venus in Aries will insist that you put yourself first regarding relationships, values and money. Mercury in Taurus will take the Aries impulse and get you thinking about how it can become a long- term thing.
Mercury will station Rx on April 28th, direct on May 22nd and will exit this sign on June 12th. That's a long time for Mercury to be in one sign. Expect the deliberate pace of information to slow to a crawl during the Rx period. Ideas, commitments and discussions will be considered, reconsidered, and considered again. Patience will be a necessity.
Here are the aspects Mercury in Taurus will make. Note the repeat aspects, which I've bolded.
- April 10th: inconjunct Mars at 8 deg Sagittarius
- April 11th: opposite Juno Rx at 10 deg Scorpio
- April 12th: sextile Neptune at 11 deg Pisces
- April 14th: trine Jupiter Rx at 14 deg Virgo
- April 15th: inconjunct Saturn Rx at 16 deg Sagittarius
- April 16th: conjunct Vesta at 16 deg
- April 17th: trine Pluto at 17 deg Capricorn
- April 21st: trine the North Node at 21 deg Virgo
- April 28th: stations Rx at 23 deg
- May 1st: conjunct Vesta at 23 deg
- May 8th: trine the North Node at 20 deg Virgo
- May 9th: conjunct the Sun at 19 deg Taurus
- May 12th: trine Pluto Rx at 17 deg Capricorn
- May 13th: conjunct Venus at 16 deg
- May 22nd: stations direct at 14 deg
- May 30th: trine Pluto Rx at 17 deg Capricorn
- June 1st: trine the North Node at 17 deg Virgo
- June 8th: sextile Chiron at 25 deg Pisces
- June 9th: opposite Mars Rx at 25 deg Scorpio
- June 12th: inconjunct Juno Rx at 29 deg Libra
- June 12th: Gemini ingress