March 20th marks the Spring Equinox and the Sun's Aries ingress. The energy begins to shift from watery Pisces, where things have been dissolving, to fiery Aries. After the Pisces endings, dissolution or rest, we hit the launch button on the day when darkness and light are poised in balance.
As the first sign of the zodiac, Aries is the catalyst and instigator. For many, Aries season will act as a new year/new chapter, especially with the March 23rd Libra eclipse . Mars (ruler of Aries) in Sag adds encouragement with a trine to the Sun that perfects on March 26th. As an interesting counterpoint to Aries' fire, Venus will conjoin Neptune in Pisces (at 10 degrees) on March 20th, suggesting that this new, passionate chapter will involve creative or romantic fulfillment. Venus/Neptune can bring the ultimate dream, as what you love unites with the highest ideals. A conjunction is a new beginning: pure bliss and wide open potential, which can work very well with Aries' seeding. This can be the moment when you plant the seeds for something, and water them with the purest intentions.
Adding to the Aries mix, Mercury enters this sign on March 21st (I'll write about that in the next couple of days). Mercury is featured prominently in the upcoming eclipse, so these new Aries potentials won't just be floating around in the ether - there will be words and ideas that are on fire. Flammable intent.
Light the match and see what happens.
Here are the aspects the Aries Sun will make:
- March 23rd: Full Moon eclipse in Libra, conjunct Mercury at 3 deg Aries
- March 26th: trine Mars at 4 deg Sagittarius
- April 1st: inconjunct Juno Rx at 12 deg Scorpio
- April 4th: inconjunct Jupiter Rx at 15 deg Virgo
- April 5th: trine Saturn Rx at 16 deg Sagittarius
- April 6th: square Pluto at 17 deg Capricorn
- April 9th: conjunct Uranus at 20 deg Aries
- April 10th: inconjunct North Node at 21 deg Virgo
- April 15th: opposite Black Moon Lilith at 25 deg Libra
- April 17th: sextile Pallas at 27 deg Aquarius
- April 19th: Taurus ingress