Venus rules Taurus, so she is at peak strength. Her powers of attraction are focused through the Taurus lens of caution, fertility and survival. Venus only wants to draw in the essentials, and she also wants to help you build up what you already have. The concept of fertility can be applied to many areas - the key is that your life encourages the growth of what you already have, rather than stagnation. This applies to relationships, self-esteem, finances and values. Venus in Taurus is concerned with taking things from "survive" to "thrive."
This is an extremely sensual placement. Yes, that means more opportunities to enjoy the good stuff (food, sex, self-nurturing). Venus in Taurus is earthy, rich and satisfying. The most direct route to pleasure is also the slowest, because she's not in a rush. This transit can help you slow down and savour the things that make you happy (what a nice way to deal with Mercury Rx's delays).
But this transit can also help you get real about what you want and what you have. If a Venus-themed matter feels off kilter, you can dig in and focus on essential truths. She'll work well with Mercury Rx (especially when they conjoin) as she urges you to be ultra -deliberate about love, money and self-esteem. You won't be able to rush anything, so use the delays to really turn things over in your mind, or have a substantial conversation. Taurus is concerned with physical manifestation, so this is a "show me" transit. Words are only the beginning: Venus in Taurus demands concrete proof of love, support and security.
Questions to consider during Venus' Taurus transit:
- Is your relationship secure?
- Does your partner help you thrive?
- Can you build on what you have?
- Is your life fertile?
- Are you attracting people/situations with long-term value?
Venus in Taurus asks you to discard all the distractions, superficial gloss and fantasies. Along with Mercury Rx, she'll ask you to slow down and look at the basics of what happiness means to you. If you're not sure what those basics might be, start with the minimum of what you need to survive. Then, one brick at a time, slowly build on that until you get to "thrive."
Here are the aspects Venus in Taurus will make:
- April 30th sextile Pallas at 1 deg Pisces
- May 4th: opposite Juno Rx at 5 deg Scorpio
- May 5th: inconjunct Mars Rx at 6 deg Sagittarius
- May 9th: sextile Neptune at 11 deg Pisces
- May 10th: trine Jupiter at 13 deg Virgo
- May 11th: inconjunct Saturn at 14 deg Sagittarius
- May 13th: conjunct Mercury Rx at 16 deg and trine Pluto Rx in Capricorn at 17 deg
- May 15th: trine the North Node at 19 deg Virgo (Grand Earth Trine with Pluto, Jupiter and the North Node from May 10th to May 15th)
- May 19th: sextile Chiron at 24 deg Pisces
- May 24th: Gemini ingress