Venus enters Gemini on May 24th. The energy will lighten up, but the demands will increase.
Isn't Venus in Gemini supposed to be fun and flirty? Sure. And you can certainly experience that side of the transit, as she sprinkles her favours here and there. Venus sparkles with wit and intriguing new developments. There will be more to pick from: more social contacts, more romantic choices, more to buy, more to investigate.
But Gemini is ruled by Mercury, and if you think this transit is just about cute text messages, you're missing the point. With more choices comes the need to make smart choices. Don't just grab at whatever passes by - be selective, even as you're checking out new developments. Now that Mercury is direct in Venus-ruled Taurus, the mutual reception between Venus and Mercury (until June 12th, when Mercury enters Gemini) asks that you continue to base your decisions on what holds the potential for lasting value. This means you'll have to pick and choose. You'll have to decide what's smart for you, and what's empty calories.
Venus in Gemini will also challenge you to up your conversational skills. Attraction will be based on a quick assessment of what the other person is thinking, followed by a smart response. Learn to love contradiction, and turn it into something intriguing. Conversational foreplay. If you're the strong, silent type, this transit will make you uncomfortable.
The day of her Gemini ingress, Venus will oppose Mars Rx in Sagittarius and make an inconjunct to Black Moon Lilith in Scorpio. Right out of the gate, she's challenged. The Mars opposition will pinpoint a key area of conflict (intensified due to Rx) that will blend sexual/creative tension with combative energy. It will be hot, but not easy. It will be exciting, but not totally pleasant. The pressure to choose will be intense, so you'll have to be certain about your smart choice. You'll have to use logic, and you'll have to be quick on your feet - response time will be minimal. And Black Moon Lilith will add some interesting texture, with reminders that there will be more at stake than a fun night or clever conversation. BML in Scorpio will raise questions about the darker issues. You won't be able to ignore them, but at the same time, you'll have to keep the mood light enough that the discussion rolls forward. While still juggling the demands of Mars Rx. Check out this week's horoscopes to see how Venus opposite Mars Rx will impact your sign.
Easy? No way. But if anyone can handle it, you can, with Venus in Gemini. Remember that Gemini is the multitasking sign, and Venus will allow you to embrace all the contradictions, with grace. Stay open, stay alert. And appreciate how talented Venus in Gemini can be at making all this look easy.
In general, this transit can attract more opportunities to the Gemini section of your chart. But you'll have to be on the ball, and ready to sort out the gems from the plastic baubles.
Here are the aspects Venus in Gemini will make:
- May 24th: opposes Mars Rx in Sag (0 deg)
- May 24th: inconjunct Black Moon Lilith in Scorpio (0 deg)
- May 25th: inconjunct Juno Rx in Scorpio (1 deg)
- May 28th: conjunct Vesta (5 deg)
- May 29th: square Pallas in Pisces (5 deg)
- June 3rd: square Neptune in Pisces (12 deg)
- June 3rd: opposite Saturn Rx in Sagittarius (13 deg)
- June 4th: square Jupiter in Virgo, conjunct the New Moon (14 deg)
- June 6th: conjunct Sun (16 deg)
- June 7th: inconjunct Pluto Rx in Capricorn (16 deg)
- June 7th: square the Nodes in Virgo/Pisces (17 deg)
- June 9th: sextile Ceres in Aries (19 deg)
- June 12th: sextile Uranus in Aries (23 deg)
- June 13th: inconjunct Mars Rx in Scorpio (24 deg)
- June 13th: square Chiron in Pisces (25 deg)
- June 17th: trine Juno Rx in Libra (29 deg)
- June 17th: Cancer ingress