Fuelled by the Sagittarius Full Moon, this year's Summer Solstice has some extra heat.
The Sun's Cancer ingress on June 20th (at 6:34 PM EDT) marks the longest day of the year. It's time to celebrate home, family and roots. If these themes have zero appeal for you, remember that home is wherever you feel safe, and family is whoever nurtures you. It is a time to celebrate whatever makes you feel warm and cozy, and whatever has bloomed in your life, so far.
This is a peak moment. Coming on the heels of a Full Moon, the energetic release may be stronger than previous years. Because the Moon will technically be in its Waning phase by the time the Sun enters Cancer, this is an excellent moment to move away from all situations that undermine your security. If the Full Moon brings you something sweet, this is the time to bask in it.
You may be reestablishing family bonds, starting your own family, or redefining what "home" means to you. It's all based on where you came from - the pain, the fear, the love, the joy, the neglect, the safety. That doesn't mean you're stuck with an outdated definition. Each solstice and equinox is a powerful threshold, and this Solstice seems particularly ripe for choosing a new definition of what your home and family will be now. That's key, isn't it? You're living in the present.
June 29th to July 12th will feature three planets in Cancer: Mercury, the Sun, and Venus. The Cancer house(s) in your chart will be emphasized, so keep your eye out for upcoming events or triggers.
Here are the aspects the Sun in Cancer will make:
- June 24th: trine Black Moon Lilith at 3 degrees Scorpio
- June 28th: trine Pallas Rx at 7 degrees Pisces
- July 2nd, 2016: inconjunct Saturn Rx at 11 degrees Sagittarius
- July 3rd: trine Neptune Rx at 12 degrees Pisces
- July 4th: New Moon, 12 degrees Cancer
- July 5th: trine the South Node at 14 degrees Pisces
- July 6th: conjunct Mercury at 15 deg
- July 7th: opposite Pluto Rx at 16 deg Capricorn
- July 10th: sextile Jupiter at 18 deg Virgo
- July 16th: square Uranus at 24 deg Aries
- July 16th: trine Mars at 25 degrees Scorpio
- July 17th: trine Chiron Rx at 25 degrees Pisces (Grand Water Trine with Mars and Chiron)
- July 19th: Full Moon, 27 degrees Capricorn
- July 22nd: Leo ingress