Venus enters Virgo today (August 5th). Relationships, self-esteem, values and money will be under the microscope. As the search for flaws moves forward, the gifts of improvement and refinement will be unearthed.
Virgo's razor perfection cuts both ways: nothing is taken for granted and everything is questioned. Venus in Virgo cannot simply enjoy herself- she must raise her standards. For you, this means what you love and want will be subject to stringent analysis.
Questions that may come up:
- Am I good enough?
- Is he/she good enough for me?
- What's wrong with me?
- Is this romance too good to be true?
- How can I fix ___?
- How can I make myself/the relationship/my lover better?
If you undermine yourself with criticism, this transit can magnify the negativity. Distorted Virgo is about what's missing - the void of never good enough. If you've been letting something slide, or settling for less, Venus in Virgo will jab you with her reminder needle (don't worry, it's sterilized). This is not the time to sit back, because there's sparkling potential up there. Venus wants you to crank your standards way, way up. Crank them up so high, the cable hums with tension. After Venus in Leo's golden glow, Virgo says there's refining to do. You can be better. You deserve better.
You thought Venus in Leo was shiny? Bah. Wait until you see what Venus in Virgo can accomplish.
Ultimately, this transit is about purity. Selecting what's simplest, cleanest and most efficient. When all the excess is stripped away, Venus in Virgo is truly beautiful because there's nothing but pure quality. It's just you, or the one thing you want, or the essence of the relationship.
The tripwire is humbling. In order to reach those higher levels, there must be reminders of what's not working. So Venus in Virgo may draw your attention to what's not so desirable. Or, why someone doesn't find you desirable. Distorted Virgo gets stuck here, creating all sorts of distractions to avoid the real problem:
- nagging, picking away at self or lover
- ignoring self and fixing/serving someone else as an expression of "love"
- convincing yourself that you don't deserve/will never get what you want
Your challenge will be to differentiate between the actual issue versus the distractions, then pick yourself up and use that humbling as a prompt to make things better.
As mentioned here, Venus will ping the Saturn/Neptune square. The facts about a relationship, or your values, will shift. Remember that Virgo is about the small stuff, so a minor adjustment may be all it takes to make yourself feel better. Then again, one small thing may be all it takes to reveal the truth about who you love, or what you thought had value.
Venus joins Mercury, the North Node and Jupiter. The Sun enters Virgo on August 22nd, bringing Virgo energy to a peak until August 29th.
Here are the aspects Venus in Virgo will make:
- Aug 6th: square Mars in Sag (1 deg)
- Aug 6th: opposite Pallas Rx (1 deg Pisces)
- Aug 8th: trine Ceres in Taurus (3 deg)
- Aug 9th: sextile Juno in Scorpio (4 deg)
- Aug 10th: sextile Vesta in Cancer (6 deg)
- Aug 13th: square Saturn in Sag (9 deg)
- Aug 13th: sextile Black Moon Lilith in Scorpio (9 deg)
- Aug 14th: opposite Neptune Rx in Pisces (11 deg)
- Aug 15th: conjunct the North Node (12 deg)
- Aug 17th: trine Pluto Rx in Capricorn (15 deg)
- Aug 24th: opposite Chiron Rx in Pisces (23 deg)
- Aug 25th: inconjunct Uranus Rx in Aris (24 deg)
- Aug 26th: inconjunct Pallas Rx in Aquarius (26 deg)
- Aug 27th: conjunct Jupiter (27 deg)
- Aug 29th: conjunct Mercury (29 deg)
- Aug 29th: Libra ingress