Mars comes home to the sign he rules (Aries) on January 28th. He's at maximum power here-actions, passion, initiative, anger and impulse are stoked.
As the first sign of the zodiac, this is a "get it started" transit. Final outcomes are not guaranteed, but you have to start somewhere. There's zero refinement -this is about raw will and childlike impatience.
What are you waiting for? Just start. Don't worry about the details (yet).
The area of your life described by the house or houses Aries occupies is where you can take action:
- push the issue
- fight for yourself or someone else
- pursue something
- launch your project/job search/exercise regime
This is a physical transit - you may not be pumping iron or kicking ass, but you have to do something to make the most of it. Even if that just means sending out the email you've been putting off. And if a background house (like the 12th or 8th) is activated, you need to look at what's simmering underneath. What actions are hidden, what anger is buried, what initiatives are not quite ready?
Now that I've written "just start" and "don't worry" I'm going to add some cautions. This can be a volatile transit, especially when Mars squares Pluto (dominance) conjoins Uranus (explosions) and opposes Jupiter (more heat). Aries is the warrior sign. How you deal with aggression (coming at you, or coming from you) will determine how you experience this transit. Awareness is crucial: pay attention to unresolved anger, because what you don't acknowledge will hit you from an outside source. If you're going to take a risk or challenge someone, be smart. You know what's safe and what isn't.
Here are the aspects Mars in Aries will make:
- Feb 1st: inconjunct the Virgo North Node (3 deg)
- Feb 16th: sextile Mercury in Aquarius (14 deg)
- Feb 22nd: square Pluto in Capricorn (18 deg)
- Feb 24th: square Vesta Rx in Cancer (20 deg)
- Feb 26th: conjunct Uranus in Aries (22 deg) -there's a New Moon eclipse in Pisces on this day
- Feb 27th: opposite Jupiter Rx in Libra (22 deg)
- Mar 5th: trine Saturn in Sagittarius (26 deg)
- Mar 9th: Taurus ingress