The Sun enters Taurus on April 19th (5:26 PM EDT). The shift from Aries is a reminder that, at some point, you have to ground yourself.
Taurus is about what you own. As an Earth sign, this includes material resources. But it also refers to internal values and self-sufficiency; the core of strength that's based on knowing what's right for you. You don't compromise those values for anyone.
The house(s) where Taurus sits in your chart is where you preserve and grow. Stake your claim and say "This is mine." Then, you tend to your money/self-esteem/physical body. Hopefully, these things flourish. Taurus is a Venus-ruled fertility sign, so sensuality, beauty and increase are important. If it doesn't feel good, and you're not getting more of it, it's not right for you. Ultimately, you want growth. But due to Taurus' Fixed qualities, stagnation is a risk. Fear of change stunts growth, and preservation becomes a death sentence.
Try to maximize the value of what you already have. Think about thriving, not just surviving. You're allowed to feel satisfied, full and beautiful. But if you're insecure or starved, Taurus season will hi-light these issues, and the same idea applies - work on building up your existing resources. How can you improve your money management? How can you strengthen your body and make it beautiful for yourself? How can you look after yourself so your core values are rock solid?
Do you know what your core values are? This is back-to-basics time; ask the simple questions.
Some important considerations for this Taurus season:
- the Nodes move into Leo/Aquarius on May 9th and the Taurus Sun will rule the North Node (I'll write a separate post on this)
- the inferior conjunction between the Sun and Mercury Rx (a moment of clarity) is the start of a new cycle that's connected to the last Sun/Mercury conjunction (March 6th, in Pisces)
Here are the aspects the Sun in Taurus will make:
- April 20th: conjunct Mercury Rx (0 deg)
- April 21st: trine the Virgo North Node (1 deg)
- April 26th: New Moon (6 deg)
- April 28th: inconjunct Black Moon Lilith in Sagittarius (8 deg)
- May 3rd: sextile Neptune in Pisces (13 deg)
- May 5th: inconjunct Jupiter Rx in Libra (15 deg)
- May 8th: trine Juno in Capricorn (18 deg)
- May 9th: trine Pluto Rx in Capricorn (19 deg)
- May 10th: Full Moon in Scorpio (20 deg)
- May 17th: inconjunct Saturn Rx in Sagittarius (26 deg(
- May 18th: sextile Chiron in Pisces (28 deg)
- May 19th: square the North Node in Leo/South Node in Aquarius (28 deg)
- May 20th: Gemini ingress