Mercury enters Aquarius on January 31st. This is one of the better signs for the planet of information and communication to express itself clearly. Aquarius' blend of detachment, uniqueness and liberation favours clear ideas that look to the future. Forget about what was -this is the time to experiment with new concepts or have that conversation where you need to be cool and alert. This sign/planet combo is non-judgemental: almost anything is worth considering. If you've been bogged down in what-ifs or shoulds or I can't, this transit can be immensely freeing.
Mercury in Aquarius is curious but not flighty. This is a Fixed sign, so despite Aquarius' reputation for disruption, words and ideas will not change with the breeze. However, any news or information that runs counter to tradition will be given priority.
Aquarius is also the sign of the collective, so Mercury's transit may trigger some public announcements or raise your awareness of how you interact with the group, and what their influence is on your thoughts.
Here are the aspects Mercury in Aquarius will make:
- Feb 3rd: sextile Mars (4 deg Sagittarius)
- Feb 3rd: square Pallas (4 deg Taurus)
- Feb 6th: opposite Ceres Rx (10 deg Leo)
- Feb 6th: sextile Vesta (10 deg Sagittarius)
- Feb 9th: conjunct the South Node (14 deg)
- Feb 13th: square Jupiter (22 deg Scorpio)
- Feb 15th: sextile Uranus (25 deg Aries)
- Feb 16th: conjunct Juno (26 deg Aquarius)
- Feb 17th: conjunct the Sun (28 deg)
- Feb 17th: Pisces ingress
This transit is quite brief, but there are some notable aspects:
- Feb 6th, opposite Ceres and sextile Vesta: Vesta will trine Ceres on this day, which means focus/devotion will be in harmony with nurturing. But, Mercury opposing Ceres suggests some disruptive words/ideas about said nurturing. Mercury's harmonious sextile with Vesta is the solution - rather than stubbornly insisting on the opposite of what's being nurtured/created, focus on innovative facts, and integrate them into the story (Sagittarius). Once they're integrated, they will flow naturally, via the trine between Vesta and Ceres.
- Feb 9th, conjunct the South Node: this can bring a messenger from your past, or past life. Pay attention to odd meetings or surprising insights that grab your attention.
- Feb 16th, conjunct Juno: the new and unusual relationship agreement. Excellent for dispassionate discussions between partners.
- Feb 17th, conjunct the Sun: this superior conjunction will shine a light on information that has resulted from the last Sun/Mercury conjunction, during Mercury's Rx (Dec 12th, 2017 at 21 deg Sagittarius)
Note that Mercury's Pisces ingress occurs on the same day as the Sun conjunction. You'll have the shot of clarity followed soon after by the diffusion of this information. The superior conjunction is a culmination, and Pisces is about release or endings. So what you learn or decide will immediately encourage you to move on and let go.