With the whole Venus retrograde thing happening, there's been discussion about karmic relationships. What are they and how do you recognize them?
When I say "karmic", I'm talking about someone that you had a significant relationship with in a past life. It doesn't have to be romantic (although with Venus involved it usually is). The purpose of your reunion is to clear up unfinished business. For this reason, karmic relationships have conflict at their heart; if everything went swimmingly between you two (in the past) there would be no reason to meet again.
Some karmic relationships are pretty brief and won't last beyond this retrograde period. That can hurt, especially when one of you is not ready to let go. The best way to deal is to figure out why you've come together. The clue will be in the area of conflict/tension between you. Shift your focus from the pain of separation to what needs to be resolved.
Signs that you've encountered a karmic relationship:
- You've just met but feel like you've known each other forever
- There's a strong attraction (sometimes mixed with a strong repulsion) that goes beyond physical desire
If you get to the point where you're comparing charts, here's some guaranteed past-life indicators:
- Squares or conjunctions from one person's Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Ascendent to the other's South Node
- Squares or conjunctions from one person's Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, to the other's Saturn or Pluto
- One person's planets fall into the other's 12th House