The edgy Mars/Uranus opposition will lead to the pressure of Mars in Libra square Pluto in Capricorn (11 degrees). The square will start to build from December 22nd, and will be exact on December 30th.
Mars opposite Uranus triggers sudden events, while Mars square Pluto suggests power plays and social ambition. Pluto's covert power/manipulation will challenge Mars' actions. The Uranus opposition will have shaken up the Libra social facade, making room for Pluto's deeper agenda.
How this impacts you will depend on what areas of your chart are hit. But in general, this energy can go one of two ways:
- A surge of ambition/power that pushes you out of a rut and helps you accomplish something.
- A surge of ambition/power that embroils you in a manipulative interaction with someone else.
Whether you're being manipulated, or feel tempted to pull someone's strings, remember that Mars square Pluto can backfire if your actions aren't clean. You may want to hit someone where it hurts, but Libra really is the social boomerang. Take the high road and use this energy to accomplish something constructive, instead.
Meanwhile, the Sun, Mercury and Pluto in Capricorn will be squaring off with Uranus and Mars, from the end of December into January. I'll list the specific dates and aspects at the end of this post, but the overall theme is a challenge to rules and tradition (Capricorn). Uranus will push for freedom, and Mars will just push (disagreements with the established rules). It will be very difficult to stick to a plan, so leave room to maneuver in your holiday schedule. Also, this energy is grumpy. Everything will feel a bit scratchy, so don't even bother aiming for precision; you won't get it just right. Your irritability will be greatly reduced if you roll with whatever comes your way.
- December 29th: the Sun conjuncts Mercury in Capricorn (7 degrees)
- December 29th: the Sun and Mercury in Capricorn square Uranus in Aries (8 degrees)
- December 30th: Mars in Libra squares Pluto in Capricorn (11 degrees)
- December 31st: Mercury in Capricorn conjuncts Pluto and squares Mars in Libra (11 degrees)
- January 1st: the Sun in Capricorn conjuncts Pluto (11 degrees)
- January 1st: New Moon at 10 degrees Capricorn (I'll write another post about this)
- January 2nd: the Sun in Capricorn squares Mars in Libra (12 degrees)
If you have planets/angles from 7 to 13 degrees Aries, Libra, Capricorn or Cancer, you'll feel these influences most strongly.