Mercury dips into watery, dreamy Pisces on January 31st. Communication will loosen up, and so will logic. Pisces dissolves boundaries, which can enhance creative thought and empathetic ideas. But the edge between truth and fiction will also become blurry.
On February 6th, Mercury will station retrograde (reversed) at 3 degrees Pisces. It will have just entered the sign of dreams, and those dreams will be questioned. They may dissolve, or they may be put on hold. Mercury Rx looks twice, asks questions, and changes its mind. Opinions will shift and ideals will be examined.
One toe in the pool of dreams, then back into Aquarius (on February 12th)for fresh air. Mercury will retrograde all the way back to 18 degrees (where it will turn direct on February 28th). This can be a time of revelation, as the hard questions are asked and surprising answers are received. When Mercury is moving in reverse, it goes against the grain. Aquarius is the original outside-the-box agitator, so this could also be a time of crazy/brilliant insights. Unpredictability will be at an all time, electrical high.
During this Rx period, pay special attention to any hopes, dreams and ideals that materialize. Including actual dreams you have, while sleeping. The theme of this transit is examining what's "out there" (in a spiritual, creative and innovative sense). Do your dreams/ideals empower you? Drain you? Distract you from living? Are you ignoring what might liberate you?
When Mercury is Rx in Pisces:
- Do: brainstorm creative ideas and consider possibilities that defy logic
- Do: forgive/forget a past grudge that you've been turning over in your mind
- Don't: bank on any promises or pin your hopes on a dream
- If you have planets/angles from 0-3 degrees Pisces, you'll be especially impacted by this
When Mercury is Rx in Aquarius:
- Do: search for clarity
- Do: double-check new/innovative/surprising information, especially if it popped up between January 22nd and January 31st
- Do: experiment, especially if you're stuck with a problem that supposedly has no solution
- Don't:make any final conclusions based on those experiments until Mercury goes direct
- If you have planets/angles from 18-29 degrees Aquarius, you may experience delays or do-overs
The general rules for Mercury Rx apply; messages/meetings from the past, information/computer glitches (especially when Mercury is in Aquarius), misunderstandings (especially when Mercury is in Pisces), changes in facts/opinions. I don't advocate putting your life on hold during a retrograde period. Sometimes you have to travel, sign documents, launch projects. You have to live. Just be aware that information can change when Mercury goes direct, so have a contingency plan.