Venus (love, money, values, self-esteem) entered Aries (the warrior sign) on May 2nd. Aries is the igniter, and all Venus themes are being pumped up. The desire for change (and for something that inspires passion) will be triggered; when wants meet ambition, assertiveness and competition can result. Whatever happens, settling for less won’t cut it. On May 7th, Mercury enters Gemini (the sign that it rules). Information and communication will accelerate in the sign of multiple choices. Increased options can mean more solutions, but also more questions. Focusing may be difficult, but the prevailing energy (including Venus’ push for something new) suggests keeping an open mind and agenda, rather than limiting your focus.
Venus in your sign ups your charm, magnetism and ability to attract attention. You may also attract competition and jealousy. Still, you’ve got her magic on your side, so take advantage by showcasing what you do best; go first/be first, follow your impulses and assert yourself. Mercury moves into your communication sector, accelerating the pace of incoming and outgoing information. You’ll be buzzing with new ideas, feedback, introductions and opportunities to speak out. You may also be flooded with nuisance phone calls and emails, so be prepared to prioritize.
- Attraction is activated by: being yourself with no apologies
- Communication/exchange of information increases: phone calls, meetings, emails, short conversations, introductions, short journeys, siblings
Venus (your ruler) in your hidden sector can see you pulling back or exploring a secret potential. Pay attention to what’s underneath, because an attraction, creative or financial issue will have more to offer (or unexpected surprises). Consider what else could be simmering, but don’t act just yet (there’s even more to be revealed). Mercury in your security sector suggests mulling over emotional or financial options. You could be presented with choices, or have a few ideas buzzing around. Stay open to a different approach or solution to what meets your needs. This influence is good for opening up discussions about salary, rates or secondary sources of income.
- Attraction is activated by: what’s not obvious, what’s overlooked, holding back, allowing others to guess
- Communication/exchange of information increases: earned money, emotional needs, overall security
Venus in your social sector can increase the chances of a new, romantic attraction (through friends or groups) or can simply increase the energy of fun and harmony as you kick back with with friends. However, be aware of the potential for minor struggles for attention. Either way, this influence will ensure that you meet and interact with a variety of people, and the feel will be face-paced and brand new. This influence also supports public/creative promotion. Mercury in your sign continues the trend of accelerated interactions; get ready for an influx of new possibilities, information and choices. This is the time to make yourself heard, and also push your social/work image to a new and improved level. You may also get some new ideas regarding a relationship, work or self-esteem issue.
- Attraction is activated by: interaction with friends, groups, the public
- Communication/exchange of information increases: new contacts, public image, personal goals, identity
Venus in your career sector hi-lights new or revitalized work relationships and/or interactions with management. In general, this energy is excellent for making a positive impression on those in charge, or giving your career image a makeover. Areas where you need to take the initiative (job search or self-promotion) can also work in your favour, although you may not be totally comfortable with the undercurrent of competition.Mercury in your hidden sector can see you pondering hints, secrets, suspicions or half-formed ideas. Choices may be confused, so it’s best to allow things to solidify before you give an answer. Keep yourself open to all new information and allow your instincts to filter out what’s not viable (some choices may fade away on their own).
- Attraction is activated by: self-promotion, assertive networking, interactions with management
- Communication/exchange of information increases: secrets, gossip, overlooked ideas, thoughts you keep to yourself, meditation, dream work
Venus in your opportunities sector makes what’s new, risky or out of reach seem like a possibility. Venus is forming a harmonious aspect to your Sun, so it will benefit you to extend yourself romantically, socially or creatively. Watch for an unexpected encounter or chance to shine (personally or professionally). Mercury in your social sector increases the tempo of new faces and conversations. This is the time to get out and about, whether you’re joining a group, meeting with old friends or looking to launch your ideas/writing to the public.
- Attraction is activated by: long-distance travel, online dating, education, publishing, legal matters, taking a risk, exploring the unknown
- Communication/exchange of information increases: friends, groups, social activities, speaking to a group, public exposure for your ideas, networking
Venus in your sector of shared resources can sweeten physical or emotional intimacy, or bring a spot of financial assistance (involving debts, taxes, loans or your partner’s finances). Having the courage to open up and share/trust can work in your favour. Then again, a new fixation can accelerate and overwhelm you; be aware that this energy moves quickly and isn’t always stable. Take a leap, but be prepared to loosen your expectations. If you feel you can’t afford to lose what you have (financially or emotionally) you may be better off playing it safe. However, this energy is favourable for reinvesting your energy into the process of paying off debts. Mercury (your ruler) in your career sector encourages the exploration of job opportunities, exchanging ideas with mangement or tweaking your professional profile.
- Attraction is activated by: sharing, going deeper, exploring ways to revitalize what/how you give
- Communication/exchange of information increases: career, future goals, public status, discussions with management
Venus (your ruler) in your partnership sector can ignite a passionate new attraction or add life to an existing partnership. Signals will be clear, and your immediate response will be demanded. If you’re single, you can attract the attention you desire by strutting your stuff; now is not the time to be coy or make compromises. Your (usually) sugar-coated competitive streak will be on full display and stripped of all pretence; you mean business, and anyone who underestimates you will regret it. Remember that Mars Rx in your sign (while delaying some things) is also urging you to look more closely at anger and assertiveness. Mercury in your opportunities sector heightens the vibe of putting it out there, by urging you to say/write/explore what you normally wouldn’t. Try something on for size (romantically, creatively or just for fun) and see where it goes. There’s no guarantees, but there has never been a better time for you to test the limits.
- Attraction is activated by: courage in partnerships, standing up for yourself, obvious romantic signals
- Communication/exchange of information increases: long-distance travel, education, publishing, new ideas, legal matters
Venus in your sector of daily routine fires up your desire to fix, solve, improve and do what you can to make someone else’s life better. Co-worker relationships can be harmonious (and flirtatious…be careful about mixing business with pleasure). Health issues can receive a surprising burst of positive energy, and the key will be your willingness to just go for it. Mercury in your sector of shared resources can trigger intimate conversations, research, psychological probing or an exchange of information about your financial options. You’ve never afraid to go deep and confront what’s uncomfortable, so this transit is for you.
- Attraction is activated by: improving, doing what needs to be done, revitalizing your health/diet, helping others, seeking solutions
- Communication/exchange of information increases: physical/emotional intimacy, secrets, sensitive conversations, debts, taxes, loans, your partner’s finances
Venus in your sector of self-expression can ignite a new flirtation or enhance your desire for self-indulgence. It’s all good; Venus is harmonizing with your sign, so it’s your time to party, relax or show off what you’ve got (this is especially supportive for creative projects or performance). Issues involving children/pregnancy can also be enhanced. Mercury in your relationship sector can open up discussions with a partner, or introduce multiple suitors, all vying for your attention. Combined with Venus’ influence, your love life hasn’t looked this good in quite some time. However, even business partnerships will benefit from these influences; at the moment, new potentials are wide open sodon’t limit yourself.
- Attraction is activated by: showing off, performing, celebrating, promoting your creative/artistic efforts
- Communication/exchange of information increases: all partnerships (romantic and professional)
Venus in your domestic sector can enhance family relationships, while urging you to move forward with a relationship/relocation/renovation issue. You may feel a restless urge to accelerate issues that involve growing your family, pushing your relationship forward or changing your home environment to match your internal ambitions. Mercury in your sector of routine can keep you busy with work, obligations, co-worker issues and daily tasks. Multiple questions and answers can make it tricky to focus on what needs to be done first. Regarding health/diet issues, don’t be afraid to push for a 2nd or 3rd opinion.
- Attraction is activated by: shaking things up at home, redecorating, revitalizing domestic relationships
- Communication/exchange of information increases: co-worker relationships, work tasks, daily routines, medical diagnoses, health/diet/exercise information
Venus in your communication sector can be the spark that lights a new ambition, project, interest or positive state of mind. Flirtatious conversations are also hi-lighted.This is an excellent time to schedule first meetings, introductions, or any event where what you say needs to be received favourably. Creative expression (stories/poetry) is also enhanced. Mercury in your sector of self-expression amplifies the theme of positive/exciting communication. Watch for new introductions with romantic potential, or a chance to express your creative ideas.
- Attraction is activated by: conversations, introductions, emails, phone calls, new ideas
- Communication/exchange of information increases: creative projects, new romance, light/playful conversations
Venus in your security sector can spark a new source of income or increase your desire to be compensated appropriately. Self-esteem can increase in general, and with it a new, more courageous attitude to get your needs met. A relationship can improve, or (if you’re feeling shortchanged) you’ll find yourself pushing for more (or leaving). This is not an influence that makes you happy with the status quo. Mercury in your domestic sector can stir up discussions with family members or increase your choices/information/questions about a relocation, renovation or home business.
- Attraction is activated by: standing up for what you need, new financial or emotional opportunities
- Communication/exchange of information increases: family issues, home renovations, relocations, mortgage/rental documents