Mars (action, initiative, male energy) heads into Scorpio tonight at 10:24 PM EDT. It's about time, right? We've all had enough of Mars in Libra.
So, welcome Mars in Scorpio. Actions will be focused, raw, instinctive, compulsive. It's time to get honest about what you're going after. Push down to where it's darkest. Where it hurts. Mars in Scorpio can be ruthless; we're talking survival now. Social niceties be damned. For every action, you can bet there will be a deeper trigger.
The great thing about this transit is it will be all or nothing. The challenging thing about this transit is it will be all or nothing. After months of Mars in Libra waffling, fence-sitting and passive- aggressive manoeuvres, Mars in Scorpio will trigger the slash and burn scenarios. Something must be done now, because you've had enough. Great for honesty, not great for compromise. The risk with this very powerful energy is using the hammer when something lighter might suffice. Mars is Scorpio's traditional ruler, so he's at full strength; he won't hold back when delivering Scorpio's agenda of absolute merging or complete destruction. There's potential for radical intimacy or intense purging.
BUT...this won't be quick. Unlike Aries (Mars' home sign) Scorpio is slow and deliberate. It takes a while to penetrate through all those layers. So actions/reactions may be delayed, but do not make the mistake of thinking something's not coming. No one forgives and forgets when Mars is in Scorpio. No one lets anything slide off their back. All actions will have a deeper resonance and resulting consequences.
What's best for you? It all depends on your chart, of course. Scorpio will be the area where transiting Mars is going to stir up the intensity/honesty/aggression. How you respond is up to you, but here's my handy little cheat sheet of evolved expressions of Mars in Scorpio versus not so evolved:
- honesty/vengeance masquerading as honesty
- absolute intimacy/obsessive focus on someone who doesn't return your desire
- focused action/destructive action
- purging to cleanse/purging to hurt others
Mars will be in Scorpio until September 13, 2014. During that time, he'll make some aspects which I'll write about as we get closer to the dates:
- Aug 1: square Jupiter at 3 degrees Leo
- Aug 2: square Mercury at 4 degrees Leo
- Aug 7: trine Neptune Rx at 6 degrees Pisces
- Aug 16: sextile Pluto Rx at 11 degrees Capricorn
- Aug 23: inconjunct Uranus Rx at 16 degrees Aries AND trine Chiron Rx at 16 degrees Pisces
- Aug 25: sextile Mercury at 17 degrees virgo AND conjunct Saturn in Scorpio
- Aug 27: square Venus at 18 degrees Leo
As Mars moves through Scorpio, it won't be enough to scratch the surface. There will be a deeper itch, and people will want more (or they'll want nothing to do with what they have). The upcoming New Moon in Leo (square Mars) will be the intro to Mars in Scorpio.