This week will be dominated by today’s Full Moon in Cancer (January 4th). This culmination or ending squares the South Node in Aries and North Node in Libra (although the Sun’s square to the Nodes will not be exact until January 5th). The transiting South Node represents a situation (involving Aries themes of action, anger and subjectivity) that is ready for completion. The North Node represents a situation that is ripe for further development. It will involve Libra themes of relationships,compromise and objectivity. The tipping point between completion and development will be family, childhood, the past, nurturing, security and needs. The Uranus/Pluto square will also tie into this Moon, as Pluto (in Capricorn) will be close to the Sun, and Uranus in Aries (approaching the South Node) will still be in orb of its square to Pluto.
The net result is a Grand Cardinal Cross that hits the axes of home/family (Cancer), status/authority (Capricorn), relationships (Libra) and self-interest (Aries). Because the Cancer Moon will be the trigger, events can be emotional and leave people feeling threatened or vulnerable. Fortunately, Mercury enters Aquarius on January 4th as well, giving us access to detached and innovative ideas/communication. Mercury in Aquarius can bring flashes of insight that put everything in a brand new (and more favourable) light. But this insight can only be achieved by stepping away from the overwhelming emotion that feels so crucial. Since Mars (the South Node ruler) and Venus (the North Node ruler) are also in Aquarius, know that stepping away and taking the larger view is key to handling whatever this Full Moon stirs up. Aquarius is also the sweet spot in your chart right now: go there for help, release and solutions.
The Full Moon hits your domestic sector, squaring the South Node in your sign and the North Node in your partnership sector. Issues around safety, protection and family needs versus social or professional ambitions will be paramount. There could be a major shift in the status of a relationship, job or family situation. Childhood, parents and all issues involving your physical dwelling could be the triggers. Even if you think the past is over and done with, there may be one last item to deal with. Mercury’s move into your social sector can offer assistance in the form of a larger perspective or information from friends/associates. If you find yourself struggling for answers, look up and out.
- Tipping point: family, parents, childhood issues, domestic partnerships, home business, relocation, renovation
- Issues that need to be completed: anger, personal ambition, assertiveness, self-interest
- Issues that need further development: relationship to others, compromise, balance
The Full Moon hits your communication sector, squaring the South Node in your hidden sector and the North Node in your sector of routine. Watch for an emotional answer, declaration, revelation or response that pushes you to look at the reality of a situation. Issues with siblings could also have the same impact. Alternatively, this may be the moment you decide to tell it like it is; speaking your mind may be unavoidable. Mercury’s move into your career sector suggests much of this may be career or status related. Allow yourself to consider new paths to the future that are outside of what you’d normally consider.
- Tipping point: sibling relationships, questions/answers, putting what’s hidden into words, clarifying your intentions
- Issues that need to be completed: hidden ambitions, overlooked desires, secrets, what you’ve been ignoring
- Issues that need further development: co-worker relationships, daily routines, health/exercise/diet, obligations to others, work relationships
The Full Moon in your sector of personal resources squares the South Node in your social sector, North Node in your sector of self-expression. Money, emotional satisfaction or self-esteem may demand adjustment before you can fully embrace a personal or creative desire. Gettingpaid what you’re worth, or being fully appreciated/loved/cherished in a relationship could be themes that are up for examination. It may be time to demand more, or accept that you won’t get what you want in your current situation. Mercury’s move into your sector of opportunities gives you more options, ideas and a fresh perspective. You won’t be short of new ways to makes things work; long-distance developments, legal matters, education and publishing are possible avenues.
- Tipping point: earned money, emotional security, values, self-esteem
- Issues that need to be completed: your relationship to the group/collective, friendships, what everyone else thinks
- Issues that need further development: creative projects, where you shine/are special, new romance, children/pregnancy, how you stand out
The Full Moon in your sign squares the South Node in your career sector, North Node in your domestic sector. A personal goal or issue around identity/physical appearance (in the context of a relationship) may be a tipping point. A career or relationship shift could be in the works. but you’ll be the instigator; this is a New Year for you, in many, significant ways. Who you are versus what others see could be up for change, as you work to align the externals with the internals. Mercury’s move into your sector of shared resources can stir up unexpected resolutions with a partner, or from your own subconscious. Discussions are likely to enter deeper territory (perhaps uncomfortable territory) but this is necessary. You could also find finances (debts, taxes, loans, your partner’s finances) are major topics. Don’t be afraid to ask/answer the difficult questions.
- Tipping point: self-image, identity, personal assertiveness, personal/professional goals
- Issues that need to be completed: career, future goals, issues with management/authority, status
- Issues that need further development: home, family, domestic partnerships, home business, relocation, childhood
The Full Moon lights up your hidden sector, squaring the South Node in your sector of opportunities and the North Node in your communication sector. Giving a name to what’s hidden or unknowable is the theme here. Shining a light in the darkness and exposing/acknowledging something could be the pivotal issue that pushes you from generalities or big picture hopes to specific planning and information. It may be time to pull back and focus on one issue. Mercury’s move into your partnership sector mixes in relationship themes: whether it’s a professional or romantic partnership that’s new or existing, you’re being urged to identify and discuss.
- Tipping point: secrets, issues you’ve been avoiding/overlooking, hidden potentials
- Issues that need to be completed: exploration, long-distance issues, education, legal matters, publishing, ideals, the big picture
- Issues that need further development: specifics, identify something, giving it a name, classifying it, discussions, exchanging information, all communication
The Full Moon activates your social sector, squaring the South Node in your sector of shared resources and the North Node in your sector of personal resources. A situation with a group, friendship or the public needs your attention. Who you are in relation to the public will be part of the shift from dependence to independence, merging with a partner to establishing your own needs or developing what works for you. Finances and/or intimacy will be important areas: watch for issues involving debts, your partner’s finances, your earned money or sexual/emotional boundaries to be emphasized. Mercury’s move into your sector of routine helps you implement fresh, logical solutions (involving work or health). Consider what hasn’t been attempted yet.
- Tipping point: groups, friendship, social activities, your place in the collective
- Issues that need to be completed: debts, taxes, loans, your partner’s finances, physical/emotional intimacy
- Issues that need further development: earned money, self-esteem, your needs, your preferences, emotional security
The Full Moon in your career sector squares the South Node in your partnership sector and the North Node in your sign. A job change (an ending or beginning) or issues around external status/success will be the tipping point between putting a partner or yourself first. This Moon is about honouring your future goals, whether they be personal or professional. In this case, who you are on the outside does matter. The future of a relationship may also be up for discussion, and Mercury in your sector of self-expression will help you hone in on what you really want. Issues around creativity, performance and finding your audience may also be prominent.
- Tipping point: career dealing with authority, future goals, status, success
- Issues that need to be completed: one on one partnerships (business or romantic)
- Issues that need further development: your personal goals/needs/wants, honouring your true purpose, public identity
The Full Moon in your sector of opportunities squares the South Node in your sector of health/routine and the North Node in your hidden sector. A conclusion or opportunity to branch out (in the areas of long-distance travel, education, legal matters or publishing) can enable a decision involving health, work or service. It may be time to find a job that meshes with your soul’s purpose, take better care of yourself, or take a hard look at your obligations. Are you ready to jump into the unknown in order to follow that dream? Mercury in your domestic sector points you in the direction of family, your childhood and private/nurturing time, even as you explore fresh ways to approach the past. You may need to rationalize what or who is closest to you in order to make this work (head over heart).
- Tipping point: long-distance travel/relocation, exploration, education, legal matters, publishing
- Issues that need to be completed: health, co-worker relationships, service to others, routine tasks
- Issues that need further development: the dream, secrets, unexplored hopes/ideals, private developments
The Full Moon in your sector of shared resources squares the South Node in your sector of self-expression and the North Node in your social sector. How you share (or if you share) will be the issue that pushes you forward from subjective self-interest to an objective realization of the bigger picture. Issues involving money owed, your partner’s money or physical/emotional intimacy can be turning points, and you may feel as if you don’t have a say in everything that happens. And you won’t get the final word, because the outcome won’t be totally up to you. But Mercury’s move into your communication sector can help you make sense of what happens, as logic and detachment are increased, along with the flow of communication. There will be plenty of information for you to work with, so stay open to the next stage of what’s developing.
- Tipping point:debts, taxes, loans, your partner’s finances, physical/emotional intimacy
- Issues that need to be completed: recognition, attention, appreciation, new romance, creative works, children/pregnancy, you first
- Issues that need further development: friends, groups, the public, your relationship to the collective
The Full Moon in your partnership sector squares the South Node in your domestic sector and the North Node in your career sector. A relationship turning point (an ending, beginning or formalization) can propel you from the past, into the future. This culmination will be about more than your personal life; a new job or new career path may be part of the package. External status and your relationship with authority will be tied to internal/past ideas of success/ambition and your relationships with family. Mercury’s move into your sector of personal resources helps you see your next step regarding money, saving/spending or personal satisfaction. A pay raise may be on the table for discussion, or you and your partner may work out some new ideas regarding what you need versus what you’re getting. Mercury in Aquarius is excellent for a fresh shot of clarity and solutions that have never been implemented before.
- Tipping point: partnerships (romantic and professional)
- Issues that need to be completed: family, domestic issues, home business, relocation, the past
- Issues that need further development: career, future goals, professional status, success, issues with management/authority
The Full Moon in your sector of health/routine squares the South Node in your communication sector and the North Node in your sector of opportunity. A work, health or service issue has reached a peak, and it’s time to decide if you’re going to keep talking/analyzing or take the next leap forward. The great unknown is beckoning (in the form of an adventure, exploration or expansion) but first, you need to address that sticky issue close to home. Medical issues can flare up (especially stress related) or an obligation to someone can weigh heavily. Fortunately, you have Mars, Venus and now Mercury in your sign, giving you more than enough energy, charm, innovation, ability and connections to solve the problem and move forward. Don’t hesitate to reach out to others for assistance or ideas.
- Tipping point: co-worker relationship, health/medical issue, service/obligation to others
- Issues that need to be completed: analyzing, discussing, talk over action, ideas that need to be manifested, sibling issues
- Issues that need further development: long distance travel, education, legal matters or publishing
The Full Moon in your sector of self-expression squares the South Node in your sector of personal resources and the North Node in your sector of shared resources. Claiming what’s yours, going after what you want or acknowledging a personal desire are your themes for this Moon. Recognition, enjoyment, romance or manifesting something you truly want can feel intense and essential as you’re urged to take the plunge. It may be time to invest yourself fully, either financially or emotionally. Deeper waters can be frightening, but Mercury in your hidden sector suggests your instincts will be sharp. You actually know more than you know about this situation; keep your ears open for information that’s secret or between the lines.
- Tipping point: creative/artistic project, children/pregnancy, new romance, recognition from others, your special purpose
- Issues that need to be completed: earned money, self-esteem, emotional security
- Issues that need further development: debts, taxes, loans, investments, your partner’s finances, physical/emotional intimacy