The February 18th New Moon (at 29 degrees Aquarius) happens a few minutes before the Sun moves into Pisces. This new chapter will be potent, because the energy immediately shifts into the sign of release. It’s a reminder that nothing new can begin without letting something go, but the flow will be so strong that you should find the release fairly painless (or at least unavoidable). Aquarius’ energy of detachment, liberation and surprise will be present in what this New Moon brings.
On February 19th, Mars (action) will move from Pisces to Aries, followed by Venus (attraction) on February 20th. They will unite in Aries on February 22nd (at 1 degree). This adds an extremely positive/lucrative note to the New Moon, because Mars united with Venus means actions blend perfectly with what you want. The shift from Pisces (again) points to a release, and the Aries ingress fires things up with passion, enthusiasm and focused initiative.
The New Moon hits your social sector, shifting your understanding of where you fit in, or starting a new group activity/public image. This is “new you” time in the most open, upfront way.
As Mars and Venus shift from your sector of secrets to your sign, get ready to build on that New Moon energy with increased charm, public attention, or a hot new romance. A hidden attraction/desire can also go public. In the process, you’ll be releasing old ideals connected to social belonging or group dynamics. Outsiders can become the social centre, or insiders can move against the current. Either way, you’ll find that your new status makes you perfectly happy.
- New beginnings: friends, groups, the public, your place in the collective, new romance, being open about what you want, private to public
- Release: outdated social status, old ideas of where you fit in
The New Moon in your career sector can introduce a new job, career goal or public status(single to married, unemployed to employed, employed to student, or a reversal of all these). Who you are “out there” (beyond your job/status) will shift as well.
As Mars and Venus head into your hidden sector from your social sector, watch for a romance/attraction to heat up in the shadows. This will be one area that you’re not ready to go public with, or, circumstances may keep things on the back burner for now. Alternatively, your public/professional shift may trigger a hidden ambition/dream/project that isn’t ready to see the light of day (yet).
- New beginnings: career, public status, public ambitions, how you’re defined in public by your job, private attraction/dream
- Release: ideas of what “success” meant in the public realm (amongst friends/associates)
The New Moon in your opportunities sector kicks open a door to something untried and exciting. As you venture into the unknown, there will be a ripple effect in your career/professional status. Whether this expansion supports or challenges your current job will decide what direction your career moves in.
As Mars and Venus shift from your career to your social sector, a professional desire (or romantic attraction) can gel outside office hours. You may be ready to shake off the corporate rules that keep you from openly expressing what you want, or, a creative project at work can come together beautifully as it’s launched. If you’ve been overworked, you’ll notice a stronger desire to kick back and shake off work stress.
- New beginnings: long distance travel, education, legal matters, publishing, exploration, public launch, professional relationships becomes public romance
- Release: limits/stressors at work that kept you from expanding, fears of how far you can explore, fear of the unknown
The New Moon in your sector of shared resources can start you on a new financial path, or open things up between you and your partner (on a deeper level). Get ready to expand your definition of what you share, whether it’s money, sex or emotions. This is not the time to play it safe, or stick to old ideas around handling resources.
This Moon can feel quite demanding, especially as Mars/Venus shift from your sector of opportunities to your career sector. It may be time to make something official, to take it out of the realm of fun possibilities and make it part of your official status. Whether it’s a relationship, money-making idea, or taking full responsibility for something you’ve only been toying with, there’s no half-way measures.
- New beginnings: taxes, loan, your partner’s finances, relationships, financing for a business, career
- Release: limits/fears that have kept you from taking something seriously, resistance to “going pro”
The New Moon in your relationship sector can accelerate a new relationship chapter or introduce you to someone special. Single or attached,your new focus will be on increased intimacy and vulnerability. As scary as these terms sound, when they involve a partner who’s safe and supportive, they can be the tickets to a truly satisfying relationship. These influences can also help you detach from an unhealthy/unavailable attraction.This is an excellent time to set your intentions about what energy you’d like to attract into your love life.
As Venus and Mars move from your sector of shared resources to your opportunities sector, you may be ready to move forward with an existing relationship or (if single) put yourself out there like you mean it. These energies can help you align what you’re putting out with what you want to attract.
- New beginnings:partnerships, long-distance romance, stepping outside your comfort zone in a partnership, reaching further to attract someone
- Release: isolating detachment, barriers to intimacy, unhealthy attractions
The New Moon in your sector of routine can revitalize a work or health situation. Frustrating tasks/obligations or discouraging medical issues will be seen in a clear, new light. This energized vibe can help you navigate the waters of a partnership (romantic or professional) as you break free of an anxiety loop, giving you more energy and awareness to contribute to your relationship.
As Venus and Mars move from your partnership sector to your sector of shared resources, you should see increased intimacy and understanding between the two of you, as you’ll now be on the same page emotionally, physically and financially. Financial matters can also peak quite nicely, with an unexpected gift or windfall.
- New beginnings: work tasks, obligations, co-worker relationships, health, energy level, partnerships, shared finances, intimacy
- Release: unproductive worries/nitpicking tasks, stress related health issues, putting your well-being last
The New Moon in your sector of self-expression can trigger an exciting new attraction/flirtation, an urge to show off what you’ve got, or a personal/creative desire. It’s time for you to shine, and events will guide you in the direction of practical next steps. What can you do to make this happen in the real world, and what daily habits have been tripping you up?Note that what/who springs up may surprise you, because they’re not “your type” or you never envisioned yourself going down that path.
As Venus/Mars move from your sector of routine to your partnership sector, that new attraction can accelerate into a full-blown relationship, or at least a promising connection. If there’s no one specific on your radar, this will still be a time when you can easily attract positive attention from others, which can help you along the path to manifesting a personal or professional desire. In general, this is the moment for you to realize that you’ve got something very special to offer. Excellent for self-promotion, performance or launching a creative business.
- New beginnings: romance, children/pregnancy, creative projects, celebrations
- Release: putting your needs last, habits that undermine your confidence, hesitation to embrace what you want, limited ideas of what makes you happy
The New Moon in your domestic sector can involve a relocation, launch of a home business or new family chapter. The key will be letting go of ego, entitlement and fixed expectations. Whether you’re introducing someone/something new into your home life or clearing out the past, try stepping back from what you feel you must have, and considering what needs to be done next.
As Venus/Mars shift from your sector of self-expression to your sector of routine, you’ll find increased energy, enthusiasm and enjoyment in handling the routine tasks and obligations. Something cannot be avoided, so you might as well just plunge in and give it your full attention. In general, all work and health matters should proceed more smoothly as actions blend perfectly with circumstances. If you’re contemplating a lifestyle/diet/exercise overhaul, this is the perfect time.
- New beginnings: home, family, health/lifestyle, relocation
- Release: ego, putting off what needs to be done, avoiding the mundane tasks
The New Moon in your communication sector can trigger a conversation/announcement/piece of information that puts you on a whole new track. Alternatively, this can be decision time regarding a relocation, family issue or finally detaching yourself from past/childhood habits. Conversations with siblings can also be game-changing, as they trigger a new domestic chapter. This is the perfect time to openly state your views or make contact with someone new.
As Venus and Mars move from your domestic sector to your sector of self-expression, what you decide/announce can support a more confident you that’s ready to get back out there and strut your stuff. A new flirtation, creative project or uplifting focus for your energies is in the works. Venus/Mars can also increase fertility or the desire to have a child.
- New beginnings: emails, phone calls, discussions, issues with siblings, making contact, new romance, creative work, children/pregnancy
- Release: old family issues, habits based in childhood, old domestic situations
The New Moon in your sector of personal resources can put you on the right track, regarding money or emotional security. Watch for new developments involving what you earn, what you need or how you go about making yourself happy. Financial/emotional beginnings may involve saying goodbye, having a healing/releasing conversation or making an announcement to others. It’s time to put into words what you want, need or are ready to receive.
As Venus/Mars shift from your communication sector to your domestic sector, you’ll be ready to apply these new developments to your home, family or most intimate realm of emotional security. Domestic developments can include the launch of a home business, starting/accelerating a domestic partnership or creating something special, just for you.
- New beginnings: earned money, values, emotional security, home, family, home business, domestic partnerships
- Release: old ideas/plans involving money or security, outdated contacts/associates who don’t support these new developments
The New Moon in your sign is especially potent as it ushers you through a doorway that leads to a refreshed, revitalized you. New beginnings will feature a release of old values, self-esteem drainers or situations where you lost (instead of gained) and felt depleted (instead of secure). Financial and emotional losses will be in your rearview mirror.
As Venus/Mars move from your sector of personal resources to your communication sector,you’ll find it easier (perhaps unavoidable) to put your cards on the table and tell others exactly what you want. Venus/Mars will give your words charm, impact and put you in the “right place/right time” zone. New contacts/associates can appear and offer you exactly what you need.
- New beginnings: public identity, appearance, lifestyle, money, emotional security, new people with something crucial to offer, deciding what you want and going for it
- Release: old losses, insecurities, poverty mentality, settling for less, keeping quiet
The New Moon in your hidden sector can trigger a background realization, secret or gut feeling that quickly moves out into the open. What you sensed/suspected can become reality, or be exposed for what it really is. Alternatively, it may be time to go public with your background potential.
As Venus/Mars move from your sign to your sector of personal resources, you’ll be urged to make the potential real, or take action to get what you’ve been dreaming about/hoping for. The time for wishful thinking is past; you can make this hope part of your current reality, in a very lucrative way. Excellent for pay increases, romantic satisfaction or finding a way to earn money from your dream.
- New beginnings: hunches, secrets, unacknowledged dreams, private wishes, earned money, self-esteem, inner dreams meet external values
- Release: hope with no action, passive contemplation, wishing for something that you believe will never come to pass, lies/deceptive situations