Now that the Uranus/Pluto square is over, what's the next, outer planet mashup? A few months ago, a commenter asked me what the next big thing was, and their question inspired this post.
This is not an exhaustive list. I'm only touching on the major aspects over the next, few years. And I'm only including aspects between Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, because these tend to resonate with almost everyone.
- Nov 26, 2015: Saturn in Sag square Neptune in Pisces at 7 degrees
- Jun 17, 2016: Saturn Rx in Sag square Neptune Rx in Pisces at 12 degrees
- Sep 10, 2016: Saturn in Sag square Neptune Rx in Pisces at 10 degrees
- Dec 24, 2016: Saturn in Sag trine Uranus Rx in Aries at 20 degrees
- May 19, 2017: Saturn Rx in Sag trine Uranus in Aries at 26 degrees
- Nov 11, 2017: Saturn in Sag trine Uranus Rx in Aries at 25 degrees
- Jan 31, 2019: Saturn in Capricorn sextile Neptune in Pisces at 14 degrees
- Jun 18, 2019: Saturn Rx in Capricorn sextile Neptune in Pisces at 18 degrees
- Nov 8, 2019: Saturn in Capricorn sextile Neptune Rx in Pisces at 16 degrees
- Jan 12, 2020: Saturn conjunct Pluto in Capricorn at 22 degrees
So it looks like Saturn is the next, big thing. Rules will be bent, broke and rewritten. The overarching theme is about finding creative ways to work within the rules, or discarding the one that aren't valid for you. And of course, focusing on what's appropriate. Because Saturn always demands that you focus, focus, focus, and take responsibility for whatever issues he's activating in your natal house.
Check out Capricorn at the end. That's a heavy conjunction. For some, great power will be manifested and formalized. For others, backs will be broken. The key with this one is how Pluto is being used. It's so easy to slip into the Pluto Shadow and manipulate/backstab/control. Saturn will be the reality check, but also the reward if Pluto has been used in a healthy way.
Here's a quick and very general reference for what these aspects mean:
- Saturn square Neptune: structure is challenged by lack of focus, and dreams are challenged by reality
- Saturn trine Uranus: freedom/liberation is given a constructive outlet, rules blend with alternatives
- Saturn sextile Neptune: authority is given creative expression, dreams are grounded in reality
- Saturn conjunct Pluto: the finish line for certain manifestations of power, power that's crystalized