Venus (love, money, self-esteem) enters Cancer on May 7th, adding extra sensitivity to all Venus themes. Nurturing, security and needs/neediness will be pronounced during this transit (until June 5th). What you want will be bound up with what you need, even though these areas are not always the same. Note that Cancer’s ultimate lesson is self- sufficiency, which enables open, unconditional nurturing. In other words, if you’re secure, you can nurture others with no strings attached. From May 7th to 10th, Venus will run into an inconjunct with Saturn Rx in Sagittarius, creating tension between wants/needs versus limits. The inconjunct calls for a challenging adjustment of both energies; honour your desires while playing by the rules (and accepting that you may not get everything you want).
From May 7th to 9th, Mercury in Gemini trines the North Node in Libra, and squares Neptune in Pisces. Mercury will harmonize with the North Node’s path forward, indicating that flexible, detached communication/ideas can advance a future opportunity (compromise is crucial). But the square to Neptune can create some disorienting fog, as fantasies/illusions/unclear details become distracting. Keep your compass focused on the transiting North Node (9 degrees Libra, in your chart): if things get confusing, step back and look at the facts and/or listen to what the other person is actually saying.
Venus enters your domestic sector, increasing your desire for comfort, family nurturing and emotional security. The inconjunct to Saturn Rx (in your opportunities sector) can hi-light what’s missing, or where you feel insecure (childhood/parental issues may flare up). There may be brief struggles to establish personal security while dealing with rules involving legal matters, relocation or education.
Mercury in your communication sector trines the North Node (in your relationship sector) and squares Neptune (in your hidden sector) encouraging you to reach out to another with open, balanced discussions/ideas. There’s progress to be made here, as long as you guard against hearing what you want to hear/suspect is being said (rather than what’s actually being said) or blurring your words with vague hints. Keep your communication crisp and precise, while ensuring that you tune into the reality of what the other person is saying.
- Adjustment needed; domestic comfort, personal security, nurturing at home versus external legalities, restrictions on how far you can expand, official proclamations, the burden of travel
- Clarity: balanced, logical, one on one communication
- Confusion: hints, secrets, wishful thinking, paranoia, projecting your wishes/fears onto what the other person is saying, fuzzy details
Venus enters your communication sector, increasing the flow of love or affection in your contacts. Words can have a softer undertone, and it will be easier to express what you really want. Sibling relationships can experience increased affection as well. But the inconjunct to Saturn Rx (in your sector of shared resources) can place temporary blocks around intimate communication, or any discussions where you have to express profound/deeper ideas. Psychological blocks/fears, or resistance from someone else (to what you’re saying) will have to be taken into account. There may be one or two topics that are best left alone for now.
Mercury in your sector of personal resources trines the North Node (in your sector of routine) and squares Neptune (in your social sector). Making a daily plan, outlining practical solutions (for health/work) or writing down achievable sources of income are where it’s at. Don’t allow big picture dreams, or the illusion of what others might be doing, to throw you off track. Focus on the here and now, and how it applies directly to you.
- Adjustment needed:emotional communication, expressing love/affection versus deeper fears, resistance from others, topics that are too sensitive to touch
- Clarity: co-worker relationships, daily routine, health issues/medical diagnoses, obligations
- Confusion: impractical ideals, unproven dreams, what others appear to be
Venus enters your sector of personal resources, boosting opportunities to increase your income, self-esteem and emotional satisfaction (it can also boost your desire to spend). But the inconjunct to Saturn Rx (in your relationship sector) can create a twinge of insecurity. Do you have what they want? Can they give you what you need? There may something that you have to opt out of for now, because the other person can’t supply it. This turns the focus back on you, and how you supply your own resources.
Mercury in your sign trines the North Node (in your sector of self-expression) and squares Neptune (in your career sector). It’s time to blow your horn, just a little. Explore creative or romantic opportunities by using your gifts; witty, compelling words and cutting edge ideas. But be cautious about inflating professional goals or mixed messages when dealing with management/those in authority. Keep all work communications open, honest and straightforward (now is not the time to fudge your resume).
- Adjustment needed: emotional security, relationship needs, self-esteem versus relationship restrictions/rules
- Clarity: personal/creative goals, new romance, children/pregnancy
- Confusion: professional status, dealing with management, official meetings
Venus into your sign ups your powers of attraction and the flow of affection/positive attention between yourself and others. It can also increase your emotional reactions and empathy. The inconjunct to Saturn Rx (in your sector of routine) can briefly pinpoint an area of insecurity or overexposure, while putting you on notice that health or work issues must be attended to. Watch for increased sensitivity about your weight, appearance or public image.
Mercury in your hidden sector trines the North Node (in your domestic sector) and squares Neptune (in your sector of opportunities). Domestic plans and discussions should proceed smoothly, with an emphasis on intuitive communication and sensitivity about background issues. However, use caution when making travel plans or exploring a vague ideal/distant goal/exotic potential. It will be easy to fill in the blanks around a situation/hope that’s undeveloped. The truth may be quite different.
- Adjustment needed: appearance, public image, new attraction versus the reality of your obligations, health, work routine
- Clarity: private family discussions, hidden domestic issues, home business, relocation
- Confusion: creating a fantasy around a held-glimpsed potential, distant hopes, new goals that are not fully formed yet, travel, legal matters, education, long-distance issues
Venus into your hidden sector can juice up a hidden potential, fantasy, secret crush or creative inspiration. But the inconjunct to Saturn Rx (in your sector of self-expression) may pierce the bubble with a reality check. Rather than giving up entirely, take note where work/focus is needed. There may be potential in a different area.
Mercury in your social sector trines the North Node (in your communication sector) and squares Neptune (in your sector of shared resources). Group communications, public speaking/promotion and socializing can benefit from this energy. It’s your time to reach out and connect with as many people as possible. But the square to Neptune suggests that issues around joint finances, intimacy or deeper, psychological issues can make you extra sensitive to what others are saying. Watch out for misunderstandings, paranoia or jealousy. When in doubt, focus on the facts, and leave the analysis of hidden meanings for another time.
- Adjustments needed: private desires/dreams, fantasies versus focusing on what really matters, the work you need to do to manifest a desire, romantic/creative realities
- Clarity: communications with the public, discussions with friends, reaching a wide audience with your words, group activities
- Confusion: doubts about what you owe, share or are entitled to, worries about intimacy, lack of clarity around finances
Venus enters your social sector, improving social contacts and nurturing emotional connections with friends and associates. You can become more empathetic and approachable to others, as well as becoming more aware of whether your social needs are being met. But the inconjunct to Saturn Rx (in your domestic sector) may throw up some temporary doubts, as you’re compelled to deal with domestic responsibilities. At the same time, don’t use this as an excuse to hermit yourself away or give up before you’ve even started.
Mercury in your career sector trines the North Node (in your sector of personal resources) and squares Neptune (in your partnership sector). Focus on what you need to do to get ahead. Whether this involves professional ambitions, seeking out new sources of income, or just putting yourself first. Partnership issues shouldn’t be ignored, but know that you can be distracted by what you think/fear is happening, when the reality may be far less troublesome. Also, watch that you don’t let personal issues cloud professional judgement; unproven hopes, fears or complete fantasies about a partnership can throw you off track.
- Adjustments needed:public image, nurturing friendships, public relations versus responsibility to home/family/home business
- Clarity: career goals, discussions with management, job search, opportunities for more money, professional image
- Confusion: relationships illusions or paranoia, sacrifices for a partner, mixed messages in a relationship
Venus enters your career sector, smoothing the connection between you and those in authority. Your professional image can become softer/more approachable, and any career goals involving nurturing, empathy, healing or emotional contacts can flourish. But the inconjunct to Saturn Rx (in your communication sector) suggests that dialogue can be choppy for the few days. Issues may include efforts to be taken seriously, frustrating official documents or restrictions on professional relationships. Don’t shut yourself down, but do make an effort to express yourself professionally. You may also have to prove yourself, before others are receptive.
Mercury in your sector of opportunities trines the North Node in your sign, and squares Neptune in your sector of routine. There is definitely an opportunity for you on the horizon; all you have to do is reach out/make enquiries. This may involve travel, relocation, education, legal matters or publishing. But the square to Neptune can blur your focus as health or work issues tempt you to give up. Or, you may find yourself wandering down the wrong path entirely, if it involves putting someone else’s needs ahead of your own. Focus on what’s best for you.
- Adjustment needed: work relationships, professional image, relationships with management, desired professional goals versus rules around what you can say/write, others discounting your opinions
- Clarity: personal goals, your path forward, your next step
- Confusion: obligations to others, medical issues, service/sacrifice, lack of focus on routines, shifting work environments
Venus in your opportunities sector can be fruitful for everything from long-distance romance, to favourable legal developments, to exploring the unknown. This energy urges you to see what or who else is out there. But first, the inconjunct to Saturn Rx (in your sector of personal resources) may trigger some financial or emotional cautions. Pay attention to debts, budgets, or gut-level misgivings. There is a need for caution, but rather than allowing it to shut down your explorations, use it to focus your energy on firming up boundaries and/or honouring financial obligations.
Mercury in your sector of shared resources trines the North Node (in your hidden sector) and squares Neptune (in your sector of self-expression). Tune into the quiet voice inside, or the persistent whisper, when it comes to shared finances or intimacy. You already know what you need to do, but the square to Neptune may cloud your logic with romantic fantasies or the urge to gamble (financially or emotionally). This is not the moment to take risks, and all financial matters should be approached with extreme caution (get it in writing, check the details, etc).
- Adjustment needed: long distance romance/travel, education, legal matters, publishing, exploration versus financial realities, concerns about safety/security, self-preservation
- Clarity: dreams, intuition, instinct, secrets, what’s written between the lines or what’s not being said
- Confusion: romantic fantasies, risk taking, gambling, overindulgence while celebrating, escapism
Venus into your sector of shared resources can sweeten intimate moments, improve prospects in a new relationship or present financial assistance/opportunities.However, the inconjunct to Saturn Rx (in your sign) is a caution to slow down before you dive in. Note that I wrote “slow down” and not “shut down.” There’s potential here, but you must acknowledge your financial/emotional responsibilities. In the end, you have to rely on yourself first, before you can expect assistance from anyone else.
Mercury in your partnership sector trines the North Node (in your social sector) and squares Neptune (in your domestic sector). Getting out and about is the key for you now; the time is ripe for new romantic prospects (if you’re looking) and general social opportunities (if you’re not looking for romance). All social contacts can be advantageous, but the square to Neptune may cloud your optimism with doubts/habits/addictions from the past. Don’t allow what happened to dictate what will happen. Alternatively, a family member’s illness, or domestic breakdowns/floods can be draining and throw you off your game. There is outside help/positive solutions available from others.
- Adjustment needed: debts. taxes, loans, your partner’s finances, emotional/physical intimacy versus increased responsibilities, personal rules, setting boundaries, dong what’s right
- Clarity: friends, groups, group activities, public image
- Confusion: family/domestic issues that drain your vitality, the ghosts of past habits
Venus into your partnership sector can sweeten the deal in all one on one relationships (personal and professional). You should find it easier to attract what/whom you want, and if you’re looking for romance, this transit can bring new opportunities. But the inconjunct to Saturn Rx (in your sector of secrets) can trigger some hard to define moments of tension. Hidden fears/blockages or the ongoing process of realigning major priorities can distract you from social niceties. Rather than attempting to push through the rough patches, find a way around them; some spots of tension are unavoidable, but they don’t have to become a big deal.
Mercury in your sector of routine trines the North Node (in your career sector) and squares Neptune (in your communication sector). Work tasks, details about work routines or conversations about how to get things done are your ticket to advancing your career goals/elevating your status at work. But the square to Neptune can also create miscommunication, overlooked details or careless errors. Double check your facts and figures before sending out that email or discussing things with management, and make sure you have a contingency plan in case information gets lost in the process (Neptune can dissolve things, resulting in mysterious disappearances/emails that never reach the recipient). Alternatively, double check all medical diagnoses/health information.
- Adjustment needed:partnerships versus hidden fears, unacknowledged blockages, big-picture endings
- Clarity: work tasks, discussions with management, co-worker relationships, the flow between you daily routine and your professional goals
- Confusion: skipped/imprecise details, overlooked information, misunderstandings
Venus into your sector of routine can urge you to look after yourself. Health, diet, exercise, your immediate environment…these are all areas that can be adjusted to provide increased nurturing. Too, you may find that others may need your care, and that makes it doubly important that you nurture yourself, at the same time. The inconjunct to Saturn Rx (in your social sector) can make you feel pressured or unappreciated. It may be a struggle, during this influence, to carve out adequate time for yourself. Nonetheless, you are worth it, so make the time.
Mercury in your sector of self expression trines the North Node (in your sector of opportunities) and squares Neptune (in your sector of personal resources). Opportunities to reach further, gain an audience for your words, or communicate with someone at a distance are available. There’s strong potential for success and recognition, so follow up on those intriguing ideas. Just be aware that the square to Neptune could cloud some issues with emotional insecurity, or doubts about finances. Exploration is excellent, but it’s also a good idea to establish why you’re reaching out; the reasons may not be straightforward. Financial matters can throw you off course, so make sure you have an accurate view of all financial details, documents and agreements, especially when dealing with legal issues.
- Adjustment needed: self-care, improving your daily life, co-worker relationships versus external responsibilities/obligations, public image
- Clarity: long-distance travel, education, legal matters, publishing, exploration
- Confusion: finances, self-esteem, personal values
Venus into your sector of self-expression can up your chances for a sweetly emotional flirtation, creative potential or positive developments involving children (and fertility). But the inconjunct to Saturn Rx (in your career sector) will briefly cast a shadow on new developments, as you’re reminded of issues involving professional status or career responsibilities. What’s new and hopeful doesn’t have to be denied, but you will have to accommodate external rules. Then again, you may discover that now is not the time for a desired development.
Mercury in your domestic sector trines the North Node (in your sector of shared resources) and squares Neptune (in your sign). Domestic/family finances can move forward smoothly, with opportunities for financial assistance/solutions. In financial and emotional matters, sharing and compromise is the best way forward; domestic partnerships can especially benefit from an open discussion that covers all the options. But the square to Neptune suggests that you’ll have to stay aware of your own agendas or projections; is this what you really want? Also, keep inflated expectations in check. There’s positive potential, but it’s potential that exists in the realm of reality, not your dreams.
- Adjustment needed: new romance, children/pregnancy, creative projects versus career restrictions/responsibilities, professional status
- Clarity: debts, taxes, loans, your partner's finances, physical/emotional intimacy, financing for home business/mortgage, family budget
- Confusion: projected illusions, your Big Dream, hopes out of alignment with the facts, fudging the issue to avoid certain details