Mars enters Gemini on May 11th, powering up ideas and choices, but scattering the focus.
The planet of action in the sign of information can result in some interesting ideas. Those ideas will be driven with passion...until the next idea comes along, and Mars takes a detour. This is a highly energized transit; excellent for brainstorming, delivering passionate speeches and selling things. But there will be a risk of jumping from one distraction to the next.
Mars will oppose Saturn Rx (at 2 degrees Sagittarius) from May 11th to 15th, which will force Mars to slow down for a few days. When this transit begins, you may feel frustrated or blocked. There may be a new project that you're ready to jump into, but first you'll have to deal with Saturn's rules. On the plus side, this energy can encourage extreme discipline and focus; one course of action will be available to you.
0 to 3 degrees Sagittarius in your chart has something that you need to look at.
After Mars' opposition to Saturn Rx, there should be a feeling of release. Mars was held in check, but after May 15th he'll be sprinting ahead at full speed (until he gets sidetracked by something interesting). Honestly, I think the Mars/Saturn opposition can improve your chances of making progress, if you pick your course of action wisely. Keep it in mind as Mars advances through Gemini. What did Mars/Saturn compel you to look at? Use it as a guide if you find yourself becoming overwhelmed by new information.
Here are the other aspects Mars in Gemini will be making:
- May 23rd: trine the North Node at 8 deg Libra and sextile the South Node in Aries (ruled by Mars)
- May 25th: square Neptune at 9 deg Pisces
- May 27th: conjunct Mercury Rx at 10 deg
- June 2nd: inconjunct Pluto Rx at 15 deg Capricorn (also a Full Moon at 11 deg Sag)
- June 5th: sextile Jupiter at 17 deg Leo
- June 9th: sextile Uranus at 19 deg Aries
- June 11th: square Chiron at 21 deg Pisces (Mercury stations direct on this day)
- June 14th: conjunct the Sun at 23 deg (Saturn Rx backs into Scorpio)
- June 23rd: inconjunct Saturn Rx at 29 deg Scorpio
- June 24th: enters Cancer (Chiron in Pisces stations Rx on this day)