The Sun enters Capricorn today (December 21st). So begins the Winter Solstice - the longest night and threshold to lengthening days.
The energy of warmth and light is at its lowest point, but it is also emerging. Hence the Capricorn fire that burns low while slowly increasing. This Saturn-ruled sign is about ambition, structure, and restraint. There is forward movement and eventual achievement, but you start at the bottom.
Capricorn in your chart is where you build or where you freeze. Energies here are restricted in some way, and how you deal with those energies indicates how you deal with rules, status and tradition. There are a series of steps that must be followed in Capricorn, with no shortcuts.
Mercury at 17 degrees Capricorn sextiles Chiron in Pisces, coming off the square to Uranus and conjunction to Pluto. After the hard shot of honesty or disruptive surprise, Mercury/Chiron quietly suggests that you needed to hear/say it, in order to make the appropriate transition. The sore spot needed to be addressed, no matter what conventions were challenged.
This year's Winter Solstice is tied to the Cancer Full Moon, and Uranus direct. Capricorn's opposite is emphasized. There's a Full Moon culmination, and a Solstice new beginning. There's Capricorn restraint and Cancer emotion. The entire spectrum of work/family, past/future, parent/child is lit up. This Solstice could be a personal threshold crossing, with a significant shift in how you deal with your past and family baggage.
Here are the aspects the Capricorn Sun will make:
- Dec 25th, 2015: Full Moon at 3 deg Cancer
- Dec 26th, 2015: square Vesta at 4 deg Aries
- Dec 29th, 2015: sextile Neptune at 7 deg Pisces
- Jan 5th, 2016: conjunct Pluto at 15 deg
- Jan 7th, 2016: square Uranus at 16 deg Aries
- Jan 8th, 2016: sextile Chiron at 17 deg Pisces
- Jan 13th, 2016: trine Jupiter Rx at 23 deg Virgo
- Jan 14th, 2016: trine the North Node in Virgo, sextile the South Node in Pisces, conjunct Mercury Rx at 23 deg
- Jan 20th, 2016: Aquarius ingress