Venus enters Aquarius today (February 16th). Love, money, values, beauty and self-esteem will be given shots of new possibility. What previously seemed essential may suddenly lose value.
Attractions are unexpected, and the only constant is contradiction. Venus in Aquarius tends to be drawn to the exact opposite of what's correct, recommended or easily available. This gives everyone a chance to consider something totally out of character, regarding Venus themes. It also makes nonconformity attractive. The edge of the group becomes alluring.
Although Venus and Mercury will not conjoin, their combined influences will be felt in the Aquarius section of your chart. They will activate many of the same planets/points/asteroids around the same degrees: Mercury will be the intro, and Venus will follow with the curiosity-driven attraction or challenges.
Mercury in Aquarius will keep your antenna tuned to the more bizarre frequencies, and Venus will add intrigue, temptation or the desire to get closer. Curiosity will be the theme for new meetings, discussions and attractions. Keep in mind that Aquarius is also about objectivity, so while this vibe can be electric, it's not warm and secure. This is where it's essential to understand the difference between friendly versus slobbering intimacy. Venus in Aquarius can be so electric, and so open to anyone who's different, that the vibe can be mistaken for 'till-death-do-us-part commitment.
This transit is not primarily about crystallizing a forever relationship. It is about redefining what you want, and what makes you feel desirable.
Here are the aspects Venus in Aquarius will make (check out my post on Mercury in Aquarius to compare the dates) :
- February 27th: conjunct Pallas at 12 deg
- February 29th: sextile Saturn at 15 deg Sagittarius
- February 29th: square Juno at 15 deg Scorpio
- March 2nd: sextile Uranus at 18 deg Aries
- March 3rd: inconjunct Jupiter Rx at 18 deg Virgo
- March 5th: inconjunct North Node at 21 deg Virgo
- March 2nd to 5th: Venus/Uranus are base of Yod to Jupiter/North Node in Virgo
- March 5th: trine Black Moon Lilith at 21 deg Libra
- March 12th: Pisces ingress