Gemini season approaches, as the Sun enters the sign of information, communication and duality, on May 20th. If you've been bogged down with all the Taurus and Rx energy, know that things will accelerate. And you may be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information.
This is the sign of questions. The facts move quickly and intellectual doubt is the result of new stimuli. Contradictory ideas are brought together, and both sides are considered. In the end, almost anything is a logical possibility. And everything is ripe for questioning.
Gemini is about truth and lies. Nothing is cut and dried. The focus flits so quickly between dualities, that black and white are blurred into grey. Hence the endless questions and fluctuating viewpoints. And yet, choices must be made.
Three Lunations and a Grand Cross
This season will start off with a bang, as the May 21st Full Moon in Sagittarius (with Mars Rx) oppose a Sun/Vesta conjunction in Gemini. It sets the tone for the entire Gemini season: what's true, which ideas can you trust, which facts are sacred? As Gemini's ruler, Mercury's station from Rx to direct (in Taurus) on May 22nd adds more information to consider. Mercury direct and Gemini's Mutable energy mean it will be time to move forward in certain areas (despite Mars Rx), because the facts will be ready for implementation.
This Gemini season is notable for three lunations; the May 21st Full Moon, a Gemini New Moon on June 4th, and another Sag Full Moon on June 20th. The Full Moons will act as bookends - the May 21st lunation happens on the second day of the Sun's ingress, and the June 20th lunation happens a few hours before the Sun exits Gemini. The New Moon will be at the halfway point.
There's a story in the Gemini section of your chart, and it will be told during May and June. May 21st will be the end of one chapter, June 4th the start of a new chapter, and June 20th another ending. In keeping with Gemini's rapid pace, expect rapid beginnings and conclusions. But will the conclusions be absolute? Maybe yes, maybe no.
1, 14 and 29 degrees of Gemini (and the other Mutable signs) will be very important.
Other notable events:
- May 24th: Venus into Gemini
- May 31st to June 4th: Mutable Grand Cross made up of Sun/Venus in Gemini (and New Moon), Jupiter/North Node in Virgo, Saturn Rx in Sag, Neptune/South Node in Pisces (the Nodes are almost out of orb but I'm still including them)
- June 12th: Mercury into Gemini
- June 20th to June 22nd: Mutable Grand Cross made up of Mercury in Gemini, Jupiter/North Node in Virgo, Saturn Rx in Sag, Neptune/South Node in Pisces
The Gemini section of your chart will be lit up. Watch for more choices, more information, more things to consider.
Here are the aspects the Sun in Gemini will make:
- May 22nd: opposes Mars Rx (1 deg Sagittarius)
- May 22nd: inconjunct Juno Rx (2 deg Scorpio)
- May 23rd: conjoins Vesta (3 deg)
- May 26th: square Pallas (5 deg Pisces)
- June 1st: squares Neptune (12 deg Pisces)
- June 3rd: opposes Saturn Rx (13 deg Sagittarius)
- June 4th: New Moon (14 deg Gemini)
- June 4th: squares Jupiter (14 deg Virgo)
- June 6th: conjoins Venus (16 deg)
- June 7th: inconjunct to Pluto Rx (16 deg Capricorn)
- June 7th: squares the Nodes in Virgo/Pisces (17 deg)
- June 14th: sextile to Uranus (23 deg Aries)
- June 15th: inconjunct Mars Rx (24 deg Scorpio)
- June 15th: square Chiron (25 deg Pisces)
- June 20th: trine Juno Rx (29 deg Libra)
- June 20th: Full Moon (29 deg Sagittarius)
- June 20th: Cancer ingress