Mercury enters Cancer on June 29th. Communication and the processing of information become subjective. How something feels will be more important than how it sounds. Words can be comforting (the verbal hug) and information will be rooted in instinct. When used properly, the blend of logic and gut feeling can result in bang-on decisions that tick all the boxes. But, words can also be driven by childish impulses. Discussions may be shut down by emotional reactions (pouty silences).
Cancer is a "mute" sign. Mercury does not find it easy to vocalize here, because Cancer's first response is to turn inwards and feel out a situation. So the pace of information may slow down. However, Cancer is Cardinal, which suggests silence followed by spurts of communication.
Mercury's transit of Cancer can send you down memory lane - thoughts about the past will be saturated with nostalgia or discomfort (depending on your experiences). The key is to avoid speaking/making decisions from a place of fear, neediness, or memories that don't apply to your present situation. Knee-jerk responses will be triggered by perceived threats to security.
As ruler of the Virgo North Node, Mercury in Cancer suggests feeling your way forward. Does an upcoming opportunity feel right? Sometimes facts can only take you so far. Something may look good on paper, but if it feels wrong, it's not for you.
Here are the aspects Mercury in Cancer will make:
- July 1st: trine Black Moon Lilith (4 deg Scorpio)
- July 3rd: trine Pallas Rx (6 deg Pisces)
- July 4th: inconjunct Saturn Rx (10 deg Sag)
- July 5th: trine Neptune Rx (11 deg Pisces)
- July 6th: trine South Node in Pisces/sextile North Node in Virgo (14 deg)
- July 6th: conjunct Sun (15 deg)
- July 7th: opposite Pluto Rx (16 deg Capricorn)
- July 8th: sextile Jupiter (18 deg Virgo)
- July 10th: trine Mars (23 deg Scorpio)
- July 11th: square Uranus (24 deg Aries)
- July 11th: trine Chiron Rx (25 deg Pisces)-Grand Water Trine with Mars
- July 13th: square Ceres (29 deg Aries)
- July 13th: Leo ingress