Mercury enters Scorpio on October 17th. Communication becomes raw, uncomfortable and honest.
Scorpio's honesty is based on taboos, secrets and hidden strategies. Mercury in Scorpio is the detective, researcher and quiet observer. Nothing is said impulsively. There is a protracted period of internal analysis, and then all the layers are peeled back. What comes out can be intimate or ugly, but it will be true.
Sometimes this can be a quiet transit, because Scorpio is intensely private. But with Mercury's conjunction to Jupiter on October 18th, silence is doubtful. Mercury/Jupiter is the big mouth - the call for truth, the persuasive sale pitch or the exaggerated pronouncement. We must always be aware that Jupiter's enthusiasm can push things too far. Do you want to know...everything? Are you prepared for the reaction when you drop that verbal depth-charge?
If you're smart about this transit, you can learn quite a bit and it will benefit you. Decide if you really want to know. If the answer is "yes" use what you learn with caution. Don't treat it lightly, don't take it for granted and don't ignore it, if it turns out to be heavier than anticipated.
Here are the aspects Mercury in Scorpio will make:
- Oct 18th: conjunct Jupiter (1 deg)
- Oct 22nd: opposite Pallas Rx (7 deg Taurus)
- Oct 22nd: square Ceres (9 deg Leo)
- Oct 24th: trine Neptune Rx (11 deg Pisces)
- Oct 24th: sextile Juno (11 deg Capricorn)
- Oct 27th: sextile Pluto (17 deg Capricorn)
- Oct 30th: square the Nodes (21 deg Leo/Aquarius)
- Nov 2nd: trine Chiron Rx (24 deg Pisces)
- Nov 2nd: inconjunct Uranus Rx (25 deg Aries)
- Nov 5th: Sagittarius ingress