The Sun enters Sagittarius on November 21st. While this sign's energy of more/bigger/better is aligned with the holiday season and associated excesses, Sagittarius is also about exploration, which implies venturing into unknown territory. This encompasses ideals and information (Sag is the sign of wisdom and learning).
Beliefs versus facts can be an issue, as Sagittarius intuits the big picture rather than dwelling on the details. Sometimes this leads us to a greater truth, and sometimes this takes us down the wrong path. Exploration is not a tidy process. It's important that you have the freedom to wander and follow your instincts. Nothing about Sagittarius is structured, although Saturn's transit of Sag (since December 2014) has imposed limits on this sign. Note that Saturn will exit Sagittarius on December 19th.
One essential ingredient to Sagittarius' journey is faith - faith that you're not going to crash and burn. Faith that you're right, that it's true, that things will get better. The outcome isn't guaranteed, but without faith, you'd never set foot outside your door. Consider what gives you faith, and what you believe in. Saturn in Sag has probably confirmed and denied a few core beliefs.
What is your truth?
Here are the aspects the Sun in Sagittarius will make:
- Dec 3rd: square Neptune in Pisces (11 deg)
- Dec 3rd: Full Moon in Gemini (11 deg)
- Dec 8th: trine the Leo North Node (16 deg)
- Dec 9th: trine Ceres in Leo (18 deg)
- Dec 12th: conjunct Mercury Rx (21 deg)
- Dec 15th: square Chiron in Pisces (24 deg)
- Dec 16th: trine Uranus Rx in Aries (24 deg)
- Dec 16th: trine Pallas Rx in Aries (25 deg)
- Dec 18th: New Moon (26 deg)
- Dec 21st: Capricorn ingress